New Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD with extras!!March 25!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
i think it's durning the part when Judge doom dumps dip on the road and poor benny the cab crashes, jessica and Eddy fall out, i think i'm not really sure, don't quote me, i'd have to check, maybe you had better ask someone else, it could be, well not really, i thought it was, i think?,maybe i'll change my mind, i don't really know, i don't think so,....what do you think?

Rowlf the, questions! don't ya love it when ya can't answer them??!?!:smile: Dog.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Who's Got Roger Rabbit...

I have, just got it today, had to decide between this one and Ghost Ship but i think i made the right decision.

Anyway i'm not very good at reviews so here's my attempt,

It was good, well worth the money.

I told you i wasn't any good. I'll just talk about it a bit, the family friendly disc starts off with Benny the cab picking you up, you then get to decide where to go, a map pops up infront of you with different locations such as:

ACME Warehouse- this is kind of fun for little kids, you can expload fire works, release the dancing shoes and do all kinds of toony stuff here but the main feature he is The Short Roger Rabbit Cartoons. There's also a pie throwing game, havn't played it yet.

Ink & Print Club- There's not much here except for two sneek peeks, one for School House Rock & Ultimate X.

Maroon Cartoon Studio- To get here they ask you to insert disc 2, that's where all your options are available on disc 2.

Movie Thearter- Here you obviousley get to see the movie (or choose what scen he wish to see)

Valliant's Office- This is basically Set Up, but with a different name.

Disc 2- much much better

Again Benny picks you up but this time takes you straight to Maroon Studios, which is great, whilst your waiting to choose what you want from the main menu many charaters pass by such as Jessica Rabbit, Pluto, The King from The Emperors New Groove, Cartoon shoes, brooms from fantasia, Dumbo, some cartoon shoes and afew more.

then you have the following options

Commentary- havn't watched it yet

Deleated Scene- it's rather disgusting this scene, at the end of the scene Eddie Valient cleans of this Pig Face that the weasols put on him and you see this flat messy Pig face going down the train, it explains why Eddie is in a tie and trousers when Jessica comes looking for him at his apartment.

Valiant Files- here you can either be a detective and search Valients office for Character develpment, Art of Roger Rabbit, developing toontown and Disney world, production and promotionalphotos and poster, if you rather just see the stuff you can just access them with out searching for them in Valliants office, which believe be gets nnoying after you spend 5 minutes trying to figure out the combination to Valliants safe.

Before and after- using the scene where Valiant thinks he's spotted Jessica rabbit and then it turns out to be an ugly cartton woman (the scene with Bugs and Mickey) anyway they use this scene to show you what they ened up with and the planning stage they show one beside another.

Toon Standin's- they show you how they made the movie using giant dolls as stand ins for the cartoon characters.

Toontown confidential- this is quite fun actually it's a commentary but wriiten out at the bottom of the film with yellow writing in a blue boarder, it's tells you stuff like Valiant looks at a Mickey Mouse small figurine when he enter Maroons office and other fun tidbits you might not notice.

on set- documentary on the making of the film

Set up- Duh

Behind the ears- a documentary narrated by the Voice of Roger Rabbit

that's about it, BTW someone asked if the Gorilla would say wise *** in the Enthusiast version the gorilla does indeed say wise *** and in the family friendly he says wise guy.

ps. the undereware scene it ain't there, i don't know if Jessica maybe shows about more leg after she falls out of the cab on the Enthusiast one than the Family friendly one, i didn't really compare.

hope this has intrests some of you to buy this DVD.

:smile: :cool: :smile: :cool:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I forgot to mention...

in case you already own the previousley released WFRR DVD or Video and don't know if to buy a second copy, this might be of intrest.

Apart from all the cool features this DVD has which the other doesn't it brings a little coupon that entitles you to some money back if you had purchased the other DVD or video. I can't give much info on it cause i think it was only five dollars being returned so i threw it, didn't want to go threw the hassel for five dollars, just thought this might intrest people.:big_grin: :sympathy: :halo: :embarrassed: :mad:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks for that info King Prawn! so how did you get a copy so early? do you mind telling me the price of the dvd too?

it sounds sooo cool! you gave a great review! i can't wait!!

i didn't buy the first DVD of Roger Rabbit, but if i was you i'd still get that five bucks back, i mean it could go to buying a muppet action figure:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, Probate?, I know what is! My uncle had a problem with that! He had to take these "BIG" pills, and drink lotsa water!Dog.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Cannot wait to get this DVD; I love Roger Rabbit!

I was kinda dissapointed when Spielberg & Disney fell apart for a RR sequel

King Prawn

Reaction score
Hi Zack,

I don't mind telling you how i got my copy so early, i went to the store and bought it:wink:

It's strange i live in Gibraltar, a really small country (a british country) and yet fpr some strange reason R1 DVD's (American DVD's) get here about two weeks or sometimes three before it's actual release. It's not that this specific store has connections with any body becaus all stores get them around the same time. I'm gonna go now and by Ghost Ship which i think also had the same release date as WFRR and they also have Maid in Manhattan.

I asked before why this is but i forget, i'll ask the guy when i go down now, the funny thing is that when it comes to R2 DVD's we get them the same day of the release (except for the Friends Series those came about a week before they were actually released) but for some reason the R1 DVD's comes here really early.

I remember when MFS was released it was suppose to come out November (i think) and i picked it up around mid-October. The only thing is that when it comes to TMS DVD's no matter how much i ask them to bring them they never do.

And the price here for WFRR is £20.00, normal DVD price, i think that would be roughly $30.00.

Can't wait for March 25th so we can all talk about WFRR

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Who's Got Roger Rabbit...

Originally posted by King Prawn

Again Benny picks you up but this time takes you straight to Maroon Studios, which is great, whilst your waiting to choose what you want from the main menu many charaters pass by such as Jessica Rabbit, Pluto, The King from The Emperors New Groove, Cartoon shoes, brooms from fantasia, Dumbo, some cartoon shoes and afew more.
Why would the Emperor from Emperor's New groove be there? The characters from WFRR were from the 30's-40's...?:confused: :sympathy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Re: Who's Got Roger Rabbit...

Originally posted by Drtooth
Why would the Emperor from Emperor's New groove be there? The characters from WFRR were from the 30's-40's...?
Hmm. Secretive product placement that they don't think big fans like us will notice? Good call on that, Tooth!!

I liked the use of the old characters from back when for the setting of the movie.

Definitely a must-have DVD!!

Kev:embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if they re-edited the "enthusiast" version to include silly things that were cut out of the initial release. The scene where Valiant first talks to Baby Herman, they used a reaction shot to cover up Herman stuffing a dollar in his wife's cleavage. If they cleaned up the family version, they should include the extra bits in the enthusiast version.

I bought the other DVD and I'll probably keep it to compare to the new one. Very excited. BTW, even though I do love the film, I think it was Scott who originally reported this news. I'm not sure about that, but it wasn't me. For those of you interested, here is the link to my Roger cel collection. The cels hang above my desk. :smile: http://www.jamesvier.com/roger/