1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Newsweek: Rock On, Fraggles

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by bknatchbull, Jan 4, 2005.

1. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

Fans: Rock On, Fraggles Newsweek Jan. 10 issue

Fans: Rock On, Fraggles NewsweekJan. 10 issue -
    Note to obsessive fan sites everywhere: you're being watched. That's what Warwick Brownlow, a fan of the 1980s series "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock," recently learned. In April 2002 Brownlow launched an online petition, pleading to have the series released on DVD. After garnering more than 30,000 e-signatures, HIT Entertainment, a licensing partner of the Jim Henson Co., announced that this month it would release selected episodes from the first season. "This is the direct result of fan support," says Lauren McCabe, a HIT representative.

That's news to Brownlow, who learned of his impact from NEWSWEEK. "Well, that's brilliant," he says. "We knew they were watching us, but we didn't think they'd do anything about it." Studios usually don't, says Tom Adams, president of Adams Media Research, though that's beginning to change. Fox's "Family Guy" and Sci-Fi's "Farscape" are both back in production after fans demonstrated con-siderable support. Henson co-CEO Brian Henson says the studio's now considering filming new "Fraggle" material. Let the petitioning begin.
  2. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Good article, but "considering" and doing are two very different things.
  3. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

that is a good article. it's always cool when you're hard work as a fan is recognized and when fr is mentioned in newsweek. :excited:
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

*Takes A Bow*
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Congratulations BlueFrackle on getting featured in Newsweek - YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yo! Coolness.

(Next time see if you can get MC a referennce, huh ;) )
  7. BlueFrackle

Actualy, MC only had a small little ad for the DVD Petition. Most of this generated from my site...
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, I knew that. I was kidding. I thought that MC should have given you more support all along.

Anyway, thanks for doing it. It could be Great!
  9. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Congrats BlueFrackle! I'm disappointed that I have to be back at college on the very day that this Newsweek edition come out. My family has a subscription here at home.
  10. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Hooray! I'll have to go find that Newsweek and read it. Even "considering" is a great thing when it comes to new Fraggle material.

:excited:
  11. BlueFrackle

Ok, Lets start another push for Fraggle Rock Boxsets. They've given us the single release discs now we need to show them that we want Season Boxsets and that we mean business...

Check out the 'Help to Promote' section. There are banners for all the webmasters to use, Or even for people to use anywhere they can. And remember always link back to this page...

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/fragglerock0/index.html
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, this is great! A chance is better than none.
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

14. New material! Good and bad!
    :excited: Good: Its Fraggle Rock for crying out loud!
    :smirk: Bad: Jerry Nelson is gone, off the Henson team, so that means a new voice for Gobo/Trasheap/Pa gorg, which is all right if they can pull it off. Also, i hope it, like the last show, will be aimed for all ages, not for pre-schoolers. Like Fraggles counting radishes, and teaching the alphabet. Just hope its episodes with hidden morals that teach kids things with out telling them!
    Ty
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Jerry Nelson hasnt gone from the Henson team, he's just not around as much. I'm sure he might loop some Fraggle voices if he was given half a chance. I don't think you should mistake new Fraggle "matierial" for a new Fraggle "show" though. Not quite the same thing.
  16. BlueFrackle

If anything It will probably be some new footage for a DVD or something, Not a new show.
  17. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

That would be nice. Congrats BlueFrackle and Thanks Sooo MUCH!:)
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

GO BlueFrackle!! WOOOOOTTT!!

Luke, can't you see it now? "Gobo's Big Massive Giant Talk Show." Move over cats, here come the radishes...

(Sorry, Alf! heh)
  19. BlueFrackle

Hi Barry,
    Please use one of my Fraggle Banners on your site and link back to us!
  20. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

sorry:) such an idiot!