Newsweek: Rock On, Fraggles

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Fans: Rock On, Fraggles Newsweek Jan. 10 issue

Fans: Rock On, Fraggles NewsweekJan. 10 issue -
Note to obsessive fan sites everywhere: you're being watched. That's what Warwick Brownlow, a fan of the 1980s series "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock," recently learned. In April 2002 Brownlow launched an online petition, pleading to have the series released on DVD. After garnering more than 30,000 e-signatures, HIT Entertainment, a licensing partner of the Jim Henson Co., announced that this month it would release selected episodes from the first season. "This is the direct result of fan support," says Lauren McCabe, a HIT representative.

That's news to Brownlow, who learned of his impact from NEWSWEEK. "Well, that's brilliant," he says. "We knew they were watching us, but we didn't think they'd do anything about it." Studios usually don't, says Tom Adams, president of Adams Media Research, though that's beginning to change. Fox's "Family Guy" and Sci-Fi's "Farscape" are both back in production after fans demonstrated con-siderable support. Henson co-CEO Brian Henson says the studio's now considering filming new "Fraggle" material. Let the petitioning begin.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Good article, but "considering" and doing are two very different things.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
that is a good article. it's always cool when you're hard work as a fan is recognized and when fr is mentioned in newsweek. :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Congratulations Warrick on getting featured in Newsweek - YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yo! Coolness.

(Next time see if you can get MC a referennce, huh :wink: )

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Actualy, MC only had a small little ad for the DVD Petition. Most of this generated from my site...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Actualy, MC only had a small little ad for the DVD Petition. Most of this generated from my site...
Yes, I knew that. I was kidding. I thought that MC should have given you more support all along.

Anyway, thanks for doing it. It could be Great!

Whatever

Reaction score
Congrats Warrick! I'm disappointed that I have to be back at college on the very day that this Newsweek edition come out. My family has a subscription here at home.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hooray! I'll have to go find that Newsweek and read it. Even "considering" is a great thing when it comes to new Fraggle material.

:excited: