1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Newsweek: Rock On, Fraggles

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by bknatchbull, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah, I'd tend to think Jerry may want to give Gobo another shot since he was one of his few star characters. I'd hope anyway. Gobo with a fake voice... well... hmm.. * counts chickens before they hatch * :smirk:

Nick
  2. Matbe some commetaries with the fraggles not the puppeteers, like have the Fraggle Voices in the backround saying how they acted and all the behind the scence stuff, as if they were real!
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

I actually dont think Jerry could get the right pitch for Gobo's voice anymore. Just listen to Robin in A Very Merry Christmas Movie. I know he has improved since then, And sincerly hope he could do it!
  4. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I Know What Would Be Cool!

It'd be frellin' awesome if they had the option for commentaries o the box sets. Not just the puppeteers & writers but the actual fraggles & doozers too! Kinda like the LOTR DVDs.

*boogies* :smirk: :excited:

Nick
  5. Jackie

Jackie New Member

6. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Thanks for scanning the article Jackie.
  7. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Your Welcome.
  8. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

9. BlueFrackle

That photo is actually of some of the early Fraggles. They changed a bit before the show started.
  10. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Really? Wow! You wouldn't happen to have any " prototype " fraggle photos in your collection would you? I'd like to know as much about them as you can tell me. :smirk:

Oh, and by the way, sorry that I've haven't gotten around to making those copies for you. My free time is so limited these days.

Nick
  11. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Gobo's voice is a bit more gravelly than Robin's though.... plus, Gobo would be older too ( depending on the time period any new stuff would be set in ) so Jerry could maybe still pull it off.
    :smirk:

Nick
  12. BlueFrackle

I have a few. ;)

We need to get around to that trade!

Also, I checked Its A Very Merry Christmas Movie and with Jerry not being ill on the day, Gobo should be good. But if they did do something I wouldnt want them to age the Fraggles any.

also, Jackie! I didnt THANK YOU! But you know I will a thousand times anyway! THANKS!!! :excited:
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah, I'd be wary about them changing too much also. Maybe just a little depending on whatever circumstances would arrive.

So do you have some fraggle photos like the one from Newsweek? <:)

If you wanna drop me an email, we can try to work out that trade again and I can try fitting it back into my schedule.
    :smirk:

Nick
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

15. BlueFrackle

Thanks Kevin! Thats kind of ya!

Also, Foodie, Can you send me an email? I cant find your address! :smirk:
  16. Jackie

Jackie New Member

It says Jan 10th on it. If you subscribe I think you get it a week early. This was from a subscription. You'll know it by the date on the cover. Jan 10.

:)
  17. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Groovy! I actually snagged a few copies from Target yesterday morning along with the Star Wars issue of Vanity Fair. :smirk:

Nick
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Can someone please provide me the link to Newsweek's article, please. I'd like to include that in my post at the MSCA website.
  19. Teletape

Teletape New Member

I work here at Newsweek in the Circulation Dept. in NYC and was thrilled to see that myself as I read my own copy on the train ride in.

-RT
  20. Teletape

Teletape New Member

Hi....you can search our Newsweek archives at the following...........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032542/site/newsweek/

click "search NewsweeK"

enter 'Jim Henson'

and 'Fraggle Rock'

in issue last 3 months

then click on "Periscope" to the right in the list of contents.

Good Luck.

-RT