1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Nice Idea

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Man of Muppets, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

How did you post the same thing 7 times in one minute!> That was amazing! Lol! ;)

Okay; first off, we need to stop with this whole Disney is ruining the Muppets thing, Disney isn't doing anything to hurt the Muppets, but that's an entirely different disscussion. Secondly I think the game should be released through multiple platforms rather then Nintendo DS. Granted the previous Muppet video games were a bit lack luster, I think the "Free Roam" platform like in Grand Theft Auto is the way to go. You get to choose you're favorite Muppet character and follow a story line or just wander around the Muppet theatre, Sesame Street or the caves of Fraggle Rock. The three worlds combined in a game would make a great game for even non-Muppet fans.

2. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Wow. That sounds perfect! I would LOVE to buy that kind of a game that's cross-platform. More sales, and perhaps even more games!

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

On with the idea I had mentioned earlier, here is my list of 50 Muppets who Kermit would rescue (and, after being rescues, the player could switch over to play as). I will also list some special moves for each character, some usful, some not. Kermit would have the abilities to hop and swim.

1. Fozzie bear (move: Throwing tomadoes)
    2. Miss Piggy (move: Karate chopping)
    3. The great gonzo (move: throwing bricks)
    4. Rizzo (move: Running fast and biting)
    5. Pepe (move: slapping and stomping)
    6. Animal (moves; biting and hiting enemies with drum sticks)
    7. Floyd pepper (move: hitting enemies with bass)
    8. Janice (move: hiting enemies with guitar)
    9. Dr. Teeth (move: Clapping loudly)
    10. Zoot (move: Blowing saxaphone really loud)
    11. Lips (move: blowing trumpet really loud)
    12. Crazy Harry (move: throwing dynamite sticks and blowing people up)
    13. Sweetums (move: Hitting with club)
    14. Thog (move: pouncing on enemies)
    15. Doglion (move: chewing)
    16. Mean Mama (move: punching and chewing)
    17. The Swedish Chef (move: hitting with cooking utensils)
    18. Robin (moves: hoping and swiming)
    19. Lew Zeland (move: throwing boomerang fish)
    20. Digit (move: extending arm to punch)
    21. Clifford (move: punching)
    22. Seymour (move: Jumping)
    23. Boppity (move: pecking)
    24. Camillia (move: Pecking)
    25. Rowlf (move: throwing bones)
    26. Beauregard (move: hitting things with mop)
    27. George the janitor (move: hitting things with mop)
    28. Link Hogthrob (move: zapping people with ray gun)
    29. Dr. Strangepork (move: zapping people with ray gun)
    30. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (move: attacking others with vaccume)
    31. Beaker (move: spraying enemies with spray bottle)
    32. Gorgon Heap (move: puttign enemies into mouth)
    33. Scooter (move: stabbing enemies with clip board)
    34. Johnny Fiama (move: throwing microphone)
    35. Sal Manilla (move: punching and kicking)
    36. Bobo the Bear (move: pouncing and boxing)
    37. Uncle Deadey (move: throwing poision bags)
    38. Hilda (move: thowing needles)
    39. Fleet Scribbler (move: taking pictures)
    40. Lindberg (move:throwing plunger)
    41. Dr. Phil van Neuter (move: spraying gas gun)
    42. Mulch (move: shooting itching powder)
    43. Zippety Zap (move: throwing car wheels)
    44. The newsman (move: throwing rocks)
    45. Louis kazagger (move: throwing baseballs)
    46. Mad Monty (move: hittign with sword)
    47. Clueless Morgan (move: hitting with blowtorch)
    48. Polly Lobster (move: pinching with claws)
    49. Sam the Eagle (move: hittign with american flag)
    50. Nigel the Conductor (move: poking with conductor stick)

It would also be good if Pops, Mildred, Carl, Wayne, Wanda, Fletcherbird, Angus McGonacle, and Lobbock Lou and his Jughuggers could somehow be included. It would also be great if Statler and Waldorf were included, but I'm not sure how they'd work.

4. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

Statler and Waldorf could always supply the additional witty comment in between levels, like in Muppets On With The Show.

5. Man of Muppets

Man of Muppets New Member

Ummmm.... I don't know...my computer is spazzing out.
    :p I wish cool games like that would come out.. It would be cool if you could explore Muppet movie worlds.:D

6. minor muppetz

Yes, that could happen. After all, they seem to give comments at the end of most levels in many Muppet games. However, I think of my idea as being a bit different. This game takes place after a performance is over, so Staler and Waldorf would be gone from the theater. The Muppets would be having a meeting, so Statler and Waldorf most likely wouldn't be at the meeting (unless they made soem kind of arrangement to be on the next show). Of course, they could be lokced in the theater and need to be rescued, or maybe the game could end with it being revealed that they payed an evil spirit to take over the theater (similar to hpw they payed or a gypsie curse to be put on the show in the Jonathan Winters episode).

7. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Add Wilkins and Wontkins to that list please!

BJ

8. minor muppetz

Here is another way that Statler and Waldorf could be used in the game:

If the player takes kermit or whatever character that player chooses to be (assuming that the player had already found another character and chose to be someone else) and takes that character to Statler and waldorf's balcony, then the player could find Statler and Waldorf sleeping in their balcony. The player can tyhen wake them up, and they can reveal that they fell asleep in the balcony before the show ended, and the player can then have the ability to play as either of them. Their moves can be the ability to throw rotten vegetables at enemies.

9. ReneeLouvier

Wow. That's pretty awesome. That entire list is awesome! This idea for a game is awesome!

*sigh* I wish I was a game designer.

10. minor muppetz

Well, maybe I went a little far with having Scooter stab enemies with his clip board. I would want him to at least hit enemies with his clip board. Of course, with the exception of some boss-type characters, most enemies would die in one hit, simialr to how the non-boss enemies in the Super Mario Bros. games die in one hit.

And if more characters are needed, or if some characters I listed need to be replaced, then here are some moves that other characetrs could use:

*Leon: hit enemies with a hammer.
    *Marvin Suggs: hit enemies with a mallet.
    *Andy Pig: hit enemeis with a car break.
    *Randy Pig: hit enemies with a car break.
    *Spamela Hamderson: hit enemies with a beach towel.
    *Annie Sue Pig: spray enemeis with perfume bottle.
    *Mildred: slap enemeis with purse.
    *Pops: hit enemeis with flyswatter.
    *Carl: grab enemies and eat them (I can't remember if I listed Carl or not).
    *Angus McGonacle: shoot a rayball out of mouth (this rayball will represent his gershwin gargling)
    *Wayne: hit enemies with show buisness cane.
    *Wanda: hit enemies with umbrella.
    *Fletcherbird: slap enemies with wings.

11. minor muppetz

Geez, I keep forgetting characters and moves

It seems like there are many characters that I keep forgetting to list moves for.ere are some more:

Bean Bunny: throws carrots and hops really high
    Bill the Bubble Guy: shoots deadley bubbles at enemies
    Nigel the Director: turns really loud megaphone on
    Timmy Monster: rolls over enemies

12. Man of Muppets

Fezziewig ( Fozzie ): Hits with powdered wig
    Manah Manah: Chases away, while singing Manah Manah
    Snowth: Sings "...Doo Doo Doo Doo" Mega Loud

THIS GAME WOULD BE AWESOME!I'll call it..."When Muppets Attack". It would be a hit in stores!

13. ReneeLouvier

"When Muppets Attack"

Just freaking awesome. This is a really well-thought out game! Have you ever considered trying to sell this idea to JHC, or Disney...or whoever the heck you'd go to? (a year later, and I still don't know just who to say it is yet..) Cause this would really probably sell! Mario style fighting (non-bosses dying in one hit.), perhaps with a 3-D style enviroment (free-moving) and the character unlock style that you described before. This sounds like a wonderful awesome game!!

;) : I get to smack them with my clipboard, YEAH!

14. Man of Muppets

If they can make Finding Nemo and Chicken Little video games, the Muppets one would kick their butts!

15. ReneeLouvier

I second that motion!!

16. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I'll thrid it, not to mention Cat in the Hat and Charlie and The chololate factory. That movie Charlie is cool, but the game sucked so bad.

17. Man of Muppets

Yeah, yeah, and if they can make Robots and That's so Raven into games, the Muppets will take the throne!
    WHO'S WITH ME??????!!!!!!!!!

18. MeepBorkMeep

MeepBorkMeep New Member

That game was TERRIBLE. Guy sounds just like Willy Wonka, though. Maybe they got Johnny Depp... Anyhoo, the cat in the hat one wasn't that bad. The beginning of the game at least satirized that the games are usually much worse than the movie. ;)

19. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Never played Willy Wonka. The comercial didnt do it much justcice. As for the cat in the hat...its wasnt the greatest but I have played much much worse.

20. minor muppetz

I have noticed that there hasn't been a new Muppet video game since Disney bought the muppets.