Nicknames!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I nicknamed myself Dee,after the character Dee from What's Happening! I didn't realize until later,that Dee is an actual nickname for Diana. Doh!

jediX

Reaction score
Frankly, I've always wanted a cool nickname (like "dash"), but since I don't hang around with many (any) people these days, I remain nickname-less. Actually, the only un-crappy nickname I've even had was when I used the name "Max Power" when I ate at Quiznos Subs three years ago. Henceforth, I'd like to use this forum to hereby debunk the horrible, unwanted nicknames that I have received over the years:
  • "Commie." "Russian Spy." I got these in school when I was 13. First off, I am not a communist. Secondly, I have no Russian blood in me -- as far as I know, I'm Scottish/Swedish/English. None of those countries are Russian or communist. There were a few others from middle school as well, but considering that this is a family forum and profanity isn't allowed, they shall remain strictly anonymous.
  • "Unibrow." Okay, okay, this one is true. So sue me.
  • "Mattie." My girlfriend calls me this one. It doesn't really bother me any, but if someone else was to call me it...:grouchy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
RD; you used to live in Japan? That's so cool! I'm gonna' have to ask you about that next time I see you on MSN!

Most common is "Big Dave" because I stand at 6' 5" and am 250 lbs. so 1,) I'm actually literally very big (tall and broad now, not fat!) and 2 because of the wrestler "The Big Show" which someone once claimed I could take in a a match and it stuck. For the record, I would pee myself if I ever had to face The Big Show.

My other nick name is loosely derived from my MC screen name; Vic Romano, from a show on Spike television called "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge." There's a side character randomly given the name "Babaganoosh" which my friends and I call eachother.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Crazy Old Cat Lady, I like cats and occasionally dress as one.
Weirdo. Read above statement and people find puppts strange for some reason.
Geek. By reading books.
Sirius. Created a character with this name and it stuck.
Ivy. My self-given name.

muppetsforever

Reaction score
nicknames

In 4th grade, a new friend of mine, who had to move away not more than 6 months later :cry: , showed me a little stuffed monkey on her last day of class. She told me that she named the monkey "Melissa". She named the toy after me because of the chimp noises i can make, and still can to this day. So the toy was Melissa and I became known as "monkey" :big_grin:

the other nickname i have is "Shrek" or "Shrekie" .... i'm still not sure how this came about, but the girls i work with gave me this name. I'm guessing because of my sick sense of humor and belching abilities.

And then there's mom..... good 'ol mom....... everyone has some form of a nickname from mom. Mine was Wissusannierannie

now, to pronounce this correctly i'll break it down for ya

Wis-sus-annie-rannie

There ya go, have fun:smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Daniel
Dan
DanDan
Stawberry
Berry
Aunt DanDan
DanDan Strawberry
Kemal

Sooo many

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
my newest one at school is "baby girl" because I have a pair of pants that my teacher (shes a costumer/makeup) think are horrible (they have baby girl written across my butt) so... she calls me baby girl lol

also, Katie bug, my katie, katie babe ect by my fiancee.

and of course krazed, from here

RedDragon

Reaction score
My friend Rebecca calls me Monkey, not really sure why, I think its b/c I'm crazy weird.
But anyway, as a result I started calling her Banana. Which then evoled into Nudest Banana, b/c we came up with a story about how bananas won their independence from the monkeys. And so to show their independence the bananas shed off their peels and became nudests.
Yeah, so I'm Monkey and she is Nudest Banana and we're a happy family, or something like that, all I know is she gets really happy when she sees me. But I like being called Monkey, it fits me.

And remember April 6th is Banana Independence Day.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Bear (this is the main one)
Jimmy Suave
Serious Man

superfan

Reaction score
RedDragon said:
My friend Rebecca calls me Monkey, not really sure why, I think its b/c I'm crazy weird.
But anyway, as a result I started calling her Banana. Which then evoled into Nudest Banana, b/c we came up with a story about how bananas won their independence from the monkeys. And so to show their independence the bananas shed off their peels and became nudests.
Yeah, so I'm Monkey and she is Nudest Banana and we're a happy family, or something like that, all I know is she gets really happy when she sees me. But I like being called Monkey, it fits me.

And remember April 6th is Banana Independence Day.
Geez, you and Rebecca should hang out with me and Danielle sometime. Sounds as though we have the same sense of humor. That's a cute story!