not sure whether to laugh or smack my forehead...

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Try not offending people,Pigboy.It isn't a good choice,trust me ,some people on here have already said that kind've stuff about me.If you're just going to talk that way about people like Timotheus,etc.,you don't belong on here.This isn't a bad forum if you just speak politely.

Timotheus

Reaction score
:confused: I thought Mother Theresa was the one slammed, not me.
(Not that it takes much to confuse me anyway....)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Let me just say nicely that I am a Catholic and we are taught to help other people because Christ sees it as helping Him. To give food to the hungry or to alleviate the suffering of any other human being Christ sees it as having been done to Him.

As a member of St.Vincent de Paul Society I look up to Mother Teresa as an example of Christian charity in action. God knows what was the attitude of her heart. If it was insincere she has to answer to God for that. But if it was sincere, which I pray it was, then she has now entered into paradise where Jesus is thanking her for looking after Him in all those poor, sick, hungry, dying people:smile:

We cannot hide the thoughts of our hearts from God. I know I'm right with God and he dwells inside my body:halo:

Timotheus

Reaction score
PigBoyCrosby said:
You should be more offended that she mislead people into thinking there money who help dying people, when it really went straight to the Vatican. Her hospitals were not ment to cure or treat people, she beilived suffering horrible pain brought you closer to god, and she decieved people into thinking otherwise.
Bill the Bubble Guy's post has set me thinking again. I don't like to offend people, but if that has to be done to blow the lid on something that the lid needs to be blown off of, then it should be done (I'm not saying I think these allegations are true or not, I'm simply saying what I think). So I have to ask, PigBoy, where (or how) did you learn this information about Mother Theresa?
As a side note, from where it started, holy socks this thread has taken a strange turn. :smirk: (Probably not the strangest turn a thread has ever taken, but it kinda strikes me.)

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
First of all, and I quote from Chompsky, refraiming the argument or discussion is the sure sign of someone who either can't prove their point, or has no point to prove. Try not to offend? Well, thank you for that well thought out and intelligent advice, but here's some advice for you: Try and not be so easily offended when there was absolutely no attck on you. OK. Being tired in no excuse, and no I don't understand. the only thing I understand is that you dislike people having opions that aren't your own. If the truth is offensive, well... I don't know anywhere in the Bible that states of alludes to suffering bringing one closer to god, no where, and Theresa was a Catholic. I also don't know where in the bible that fraud will bring you closer to god.

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
The biggest and most popular bookis by Christopher Hittchings. Admittedly I think he's a cynic and a jerk, but his research is flawless. There have been one or two documentaries, and several more books. Hittchings maybe a jerk, but again his research is immaculet (pun intented) and even with the sensationalist nature of the subject he has no reason to lie about this, and several people have come to light who are independent of Hittchings and support his evidence. One is a nun who worked under Theresa and left the church and the faith completely because she was so disgusted by Theresa's methods and lack of treatment. Things like flus, chicken pox, and easily treatable diesases were left to kill children and adults in the name of God.
Another quote: "Was there ever anther kingdom with more blood on it's hand than that of Jesus Christ". That is a real quote from a biblical shcolar. I will rewar whoever can identify the speaker first. Play on.

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
My apologies.... His name is spelled Hitchens. I am so sorry. If you look up Mother Theresa on wikipedia you'll get a sample of the controversey. I know most won't seek out the truth, faith can make a person ignorant, but ou owe it to yourself and god to seek the truth no matter how painful. Consider it suffering that will bring you closer to god.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I'm sorry Pigboy,but I was just tired of people arguing on here.The reason I put that I was tired was because,I was just really exhausted and wasn't thinking clearly.I didn't mean to get so mad.Someday I hope you can forgive me.
Joey