not sure whether to laugh or smack my forehead...

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Thankyou for the apology,But why are you mad at MuppetsRule?

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
Thanks for accepting the apology. I'm not mad, I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in his argument and attacking his habit of reframing the argument, because he refuses to admit that his positon dosen't have standing. His position is not wrong, nobody's position in truly wrong, if you whole heartedly belive it, even if it is disgusting, offensive, or even ignorant. But sometimes a person's standing has no validity within the context of a certain argument.

Timotheus

Reaction score
Sheesh, I go home where I cannot get online as often, and the thread I started gets out of hand. This is what I did not want to happen. I personally don't care that the topic of the thread shifted. That happens, life is screwy that way. I have nothing against people trying to discover and discuss the truth, that's a good and noble thing. But if people are going to argue and hurt feelings, and people are going to misunderstand and feel hurt, then there's a problem. The conversation has moved to a point where it is no longer debate searching for truth, but it seems to have become a case of people butting heads and making personal attacks. The mere fact that that has been previously mentioned, or that people seem to misunderstand it as such, should be a red flag.
PigBoyCrosby, I wanted to and tried to find the source of your quote about the Kingdom of Christ, but it seemed to me that you were simply trying to instigate something nasty. I’ve got plenty of firepower, but I chose not to use it. Friend, maybe I misunderstand (I hope to God that I do), but that offends me. But because my Christ commands it, I forgive you.
Don’t get me wrong; I don’t mean to simply point fingers and say he’s the only one at fault here. I think some hurtful things that have been said by a number of different people and some apologies need to be made (thankfully that has happened to a degree). I think the last thing we want on this forum is bitterness between any members.
I'm sorry to all of you. If this was face-to-face conversation, I would actually have been shouting. Please, excuse me for getting a little worked up and ranty, but this is one thing I cannot stand.
You want to debate these issues, be that suffering, Mother Theresa, Biblical historicity, Paris Hilton, or even what color socks to wear to a funeral, that's fine and good. But please, please, please, be civil about it; don't get personal. If that continues, I hope some nice moderator will do us all a favor and lock this thread.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree with you Timotheus. This thread is getting out of hand. All you wanted was to discuss the good and the bad points of the actress chosen to play Teresa in a movie about her life. And PigBoyCrosby has both turned it completely away from the subject and started hurting people's feelings at the same time.:rolleyes:

If things don't get sorted out real soon I second what you just said. Please moderators. LOCK THIS THREAD!

PigBoyCrosby please read this with an open mind and see what you are doing. If you want to stay in the discussion put aside your arguments otherwise don't post here anymore.:attitude:

I'm sorry this happened Timotheus. I really do feel sorry for you:sympathy:

Timotheus

Reaction score
To reference "Ice Age" and dads everywhere...
"I don't care who started it, I'll finish it!"
My point is that who started it is inconsequential, but that all who were uncivil should make amends.

Timotheus

Reaction score
To reference "Ice Age" and dads everywhere...
"I don't care who started it, I'll finish it!"
My point is that who started it is inconsequential, but that all who were uncivil should make amends.
I wish I hadn't mentioned PigBoyCrosby in my last post, as I really don't want to point fingers.
By the way, sorry about shortening your forum handle to PigBoy...I was just trying to shorten it for the sake of ease of typing (I'm lazy that way), and for some reason it did not occur to me until now that that sounds like I'm trying to insult you...that I did not mean to do. Can we call you Mr. PBC? :big_grin:
Dah! Unadvertent repost! I need to go bed!

PigBoyCrosby

Reaction score
maybe if you don't like the thread then you should ignore it. You know, turn the other cheek. I can't remember who said that, all I remember is that he has long hair, works as a carpenter, and has alot of strange ideas about loving everybody... oh yeah, his name's Kyle and he's dating my Mom. Seriously, if you don't like it, don't read it.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Hey guys. I said I was walking away from this thread because I did'nt like the direction it was going. I just wanted to apologize to everybody here (especially Timotheus who started the thread) for my role in taking it in that direction.

Sorry guys. :sympathy: :frown: