November's Special Edition DVD's are pan-and-scan only

Erine81981

Reaction score
I email them and told them that I want a widescreen version ok. Good Night GW.

Feknoze

Reaction score
Widescreen

I wonder if the same people heading up Disney's Widescreen vs Pan and Scan are heading up the Intelligent Design vs Evolution debate in Kansas.

Flying Spaghetti Monster Movement

I'm with FSM on this one, I want my movies in Widescreen, I have MTI and MCC in pan and scan already on DVD (and video) I want more, especially as it is a celebration of Hensons' work (albeit the younger). I have in my collection Muppet movie, muppets take manhattan the great muppet caper, labyrinth and the Dark Crystal on DVD both Pand & Scan and Widescreen double sided. or 2 dvds.
Please Disney, even if you have to crack the whip and make your chinese sweat shops work harder, i want my Widescreen DVD's (even though you don't have to alter them for widescreen, but you do for pan and scan.)

After all the more pirates visible in Muppets Treasure Island, could make you solely responsible for slowing down global warming!

You know it makes sense. :halo:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I guess we'll have to delay their full-frame and widescreen DVD releases to June 2006.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Well, I e-mailed Disney. I'm hoping this is some kind of error, but if not, then I will not be getting any of these DVD's, extras or no extras.

Oliver

Reaction score
So I can now safely import a copy of "Muppet Treasure Island"... Can anyone please specify which country/region has optimal pq and audio?

Is it only the UK and Australian that offer this title in OAR; if so, which has the better image and sound transfer - R2 or R4?

Thanks!

PS - Is "A Muppet Christmas Carol" available ANYWHERE in OAR?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oliver said:
PS - Is "A Muppet Christmas Carol" available ANYWHERE in OAR?
Do a forum search for it. A guy posted about finding OAR copies in either Chile or Puerto Rico, with a Region 1/4 disc, no less! :smile:

I think (but I could be wrong) that the UK discs are usually better.

vetters

Reaction score
I also emailed Disney in support of widescreen DVDs.

They are so backwards to really think that Muppet movies are just for families, and that those families prefer fullscreen. I'd like to know who their research base was.

That Announcer

Reaction score
So, as you know, I emailed Disney an irate letter two days ago. The letter can be viewed earlier on in this thread. I just got a response from Disney, and I swear to God this is what they said.

Liam,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding THE MUPPET MOVIE, GREAT MUPPET CAPER, MUPPET
CHRISTMAS CAROL and MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND. We appreciate your interest.

We do not have release dates for at this time. Please visit our website at
www.disneyvideos.com
for future details.

Thank you for sharing your preference for a widescreen format with us. We
appreciate hearing the opinions of our viewers, and we will forward your
comments to our Marketing Department.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada
Ladies and gentlemen, the very definition of BS. :mad: