1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Official Season 39 Press Kit

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by SSLFan, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wonder if that lemon has Tina Fey's gianormous ego...
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Will find out soon enough, heh!
  3. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

WOW!

I've never been so excited at looking forward to a new Sesame Street season before! Here are some things that got me hyped up:

* It will be taped in high-definition.
    * A newly-built version of the set will make its debut.
    * Jim Henson's Creature Shop will be involved, probably with CGI and animatronic effects.
    * Caroll Spinney will be performing in the Big Bird suit again!
    * Snuffy will return!
    * The parodies sound highly creative.
    * The claymation Ernie and Bert cartoon from Europe will finally debut here in the USA!
    * Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson and Fran Brill are still going to be involved.
    * Interesting street scene plots, particularly Elmo wanting to be like Gordon. I wonder if that was inspired by "Elmo Wants to Be like the Count?"
    * Guy Smiley and the Oinker Sisters will make a return appearance!
    * The Word on the Street is back! They even shot a new intro clip with Murry saying his introductory line so they wouldn't have to use the stock footage from the previous season.

I'm gonna see it totally! However, the week of August 18-22, our family is going on a sea cruise, so I'll set the DVR to record the new episodes that week.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I was planning on taping the season, but our VCR's got some waire disconnected and I don't know what to do so now our VCR isn't working.
  5. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures has already aired in Australia-on the ABC.

So we've seen the segements of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures already in australia.
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, I for one like the Fiest parody! And it's because through out the some she was petting Zoe, holding hands with Tell and hugging a chicken while it seems she paid Mr. Elmo no attention. You can see that it looks as if he is fighting for her attention a little but, but she is not giving him the attention he expects, heh!

Maybe I'm looking too much into this...:p
  7. Drtooth

Probably... but then of course, they did this plot years ago when Telly wanted to be like Bob. Seems interesting, but had they decided to go with Telly wants to be like Gordon, it would seem even funnier.
  8. Oscarfan

And, I think, in Season 29 where Zoe decied to be like Gina.
  9. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

10. Oscarfan

Heeeeeyyyy everybodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! My local PBS station's schedule and Muppet Wiki lists the following episodes for part Season 39:

Episode 4161 - Texas Telly and The Golden Triangle of Destiny
    Episode 4162 - Telly's New Shoes 9with Neil Patrick Harris)
    Episode 4163 - Sock Chaos at the Laundromat
    Episode 4164 - Leela's Home Video
    Episode 4165 - Firefly show
    Episode 4166 - Max the Magician
    Episode 4167 - Annual Triangle Toss
    Episode 4168 - Elmo and Zoe's Hat Contest
    Episode 4169 - Telly the Tiebreaker
    Episode 4170 - Curly Bear Chases Birthday Cake
    Episode 4171 - Maria the Cowgirl
    Episode 4172 - Number 6 Games
    Episode 4173 - Three Cheers for Us
    Episode 4174 - Big Bird's Nest Sale
    Episode 4175 - Slimey Adopts a Pet Bug
    Episode 4176 - Elmo Steps In for Super Grover
    Episode 4177 - Abby's First Sleepover
    Episode 4178 - Abby Thinks Oscar is a Prince
    Episode 4179 - Sesame Street Bird Games
    Episode 4180 - Elmo Wants to Be Like Gordon
    Episode 4181 - Elmo and Leela Look for a Mine-Itis Cure

And it shows that instead of repeats from season 37, we get ones from season 38.

And the season is less that two weeks away! YAY!
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Glad to see so many episode cantering around Telly! Season 37 had a major focus around science. So it would be great it we got science, literacy and math. I mean math is a huge focus for next season right?
  12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, it seems like this season is going to have some good laughs. :)

I can't wait for it to start. :wisdom:
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah! Evrybody just makes thins show work! And the writing is always top notch!
  14. Oscarfan

Here are some descriptions for some of the episodes from my PBS schedual:

Episode 4165
    -Baby Bear and Telly catch a firefly, realize that it is sad to be trapped in a jar and let it go

Episode 4167
    -Telly gets ready for the Triangle Lovers' Annual Triangle Toss and wears his lucky triangle vest

Episode 4169
    -Elmo, Zoe and Rosita make a block house but can't agree whether to put a square or circle on top

Episode 4170
    -Baby Bear he is worried that Curly Bear is going to wreck his Chocolate-Porridge Birthday Cake

Episode 4171
    -Gordon reads a story about "Maria the Cowgirl." Big Bird, Elmo and Abby decide to act out the story
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I just read those from the schedule and it looks great to me!
  16. Drtooth

I still wonder... if he's on most of the Street stories, how come he's so underrated? Other than a reference in Family Guy, you don't hear much about that character.
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I know! Only family Guy right?
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Just four more days until the new season starts!
  19. Oscarfan

OH BOY! It starts tomorrow!
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I know it! I can't wait! How come nothing has been said about it on the home page yet?