Old Friends Who've Just Met

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 9

At five am Thursday morning, four cars and a psychedelically colored bus drove down the street leading to the light house on top the sand at Cape Doom. The lime green Volkswagen Beetle was towing a trailer loaded down with a large tarp, of course there was something underneath the tarp.

The red corvette led the pack of cars down the stretch of sandy road to the lighthouse. The car parked and from either side hopped out Johnny Fiamma and Sal Minella. “Gee Johnny, don’t you feel bad about not bringing anybody else in the car with us?” Sal asked.

Johnny casually strolled over towards the light house with Sal. “Are you kidding Sal? Bring those others in my curvy crimson corvette? They could dirty it up!”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Sal said, kicking some sand. “After all that car of yours has been through I’d be pretty careful too.”

Suddenly the crunching of metal on metal was heard behind the two of them. When Johnny turned around, his car was nowhere in sight, and Bunsen’s lime green Volkswagen was in its place. “What the-Bunsen what happened here?!” Johnny shouted.

Bunsen, Beaker and Beauregard emerged from the vehicle. Bunsen approached the front of the car. “Oh my Mr. Fiamma I am sorry about that,” Bunsen said. “No worries however, I can buff out this dent in my car with the new Muppet Lab’s Fender Defender Beaker and I installed yesterday! Beaker if you would.”

Reluctantly, Beaker leaned down and pressed in on the hood of the car, sending the fender flying right off, taking Beaker with it and right into the ocean, on top a red corvette.

“My baby...” Johnny moaned. Sal patted his back as he chuckled underneath his breath.

Kermit’s green mini van, Clifford’s black sports car and finally the Electric Mayhem’s bus pulled up behind Bunsen’s Volkswagen and the trailer attached. The rest of the Muppets in the various cars joined the others on the beach.

“Ok Dr. Honeydew let’s get this show on the road,” Gonzo told Bunsen.

Beaker walked out on to the beach, dripping wet, and over to Bunsen. “Yes sir Mr. Gonzo, come now Beakie let’s get the trailer,” Dr. Honeydew said. The two scientists moved over to the trailer attached to Bunsen’s car and unhitched it. The two of them hauled the trailer over to the center of where all of the Muppets had gathered. Bunsen yanked off the tarp revealing a medium sized metallic rocket perched on the trailer.

Gonzo approached it slowly, carrying a small duffel bag with him. “Wow doc, it looks great,” he said. “Well I guess I should be on my way.”
He turned around and looked at his friends, everyone had gathered to see him off. Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry, Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Zoot, Lips Scooter, Rowlf, Lew, Sam, Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Beauregard, Johnny and Sal, Dr. Phil van Neuter, The Swedish Chef, Zippity Zap, Pops, Bobo, Link Hogthrob, Julius Strangepork, rats, cats, penguins, even Statler and Waldorf came to heckle the launch.

He felt a rubbing against his chest. He looked down and saw Camilla looking back at him. “Oh Camilla, I’ll miss you too,” he grabbed her close to him. “Until we meet again my darling,” he gave her a peck on the cheek. She pecked back, literally.

All of the Muppets offered their goodbyes.

“Gonzo go bye bye?”

“Hasta luego senor spaceman, hokay?”

“See ya Gonzo, good luck.”

“Keep your groovy blue self jammin’ out there in space Gonzo my main alien man.”

“Fer sure, make sure you like, stay rully organically cleansed out above the atmosphere.”

“Have a good trip there Gonzo.”

“Yeah see you next fall! Ahh! Wocka wocka!”

“I wish we could go into space with you.”

“I wish we could get some space from all of you!”

“Do ho ho ho!”

Kermit and Rizzo approached Gonzo from the pack. “Gonzo buddy,” Rizzo said. “I want you to take my lucky skippin’ stone wit’ ya. Now, I don’t know if dey got any water up der where your goin’ but maybe you can use it,” the rat handed his best friend a decent sized flat rock.

Gonzo took it and put it in his pants pocket. “Thanks Rizzo, I’ll take care of it. Bye Rizzo,” he hugged the rat, and the rat hugged back. This was goodbye to his best friend.

Kermit looked down at the ground, avoiding his goodbye. Gonzo turned to Kermit and smiled. “Kermit, thank you so much. And, I know I’ve told you this before but...But you’re the best friend I could ever hope for Kermit,” Gonzo said grabbing Kermit and hugging.

When Gonzo let go, Kermit smirked a bit. “Well, I know we’ve already told you this before but, we love you Gonzo,” Kermit spread his arms out, “All of us.”
All of the Muppets nodded and smiled in agreement. Gonzo nodded once too and turned to the now upright rocket ship. “Oh, Gonzo wait!” Kermit called. He handed Gonzo a folded piece of paper. “Here, it’s from Robin, you know he wanted to be here this morning, but we left him with Sweetums at the boarding house so he could sleep.”

Gonzo smiled and pocketed the picture. “Tell him I said thanks, and that I’ll miss him.” He pulled open a door on the bottom of the ship and placed his suitcase inside. He turned around and looked at his friends one more time before finally climbing into the ship.

“Okay Mr. Gonzo, just flip the switch and press the green button!” Bunsen called out as he closed the door.

“Yo Dr. Dew, you sure this is safe?” Clifford asked.

“Oh absolutely Clifford,” Bunsen said. “Our tests on the ship have proven it to have a 1/1000 chance of success!”

Clifford lowered his glasses. “Could you run that by me again?”

“Dr. Honeydew a 1/1000 success is not good!” Scooter said.

Bunsen scratched his head, “That explains why all of the inventions I’ve tested on Beaker have...Mr. Gonzo wait!”

It was too late, Gonzo had already flipped the switch and pressed the button. As the base of the rocket ignited, Gonzo looked out the window and waved. He took a seat inside the ship and waited.

The other Muppets watched on as the rocket lifted up from the ground and shot up into the early morning sky.

Rizzo had his eyes closed and his hands together. “Oh please let Gonzo make it, I’ll never steal anyone’s pizza again...Ok maybe I will, but please let Gonzo be okay!”

Gonzo faced massive turbulence inside the Earth’s atmosphere. All of the Muppets gasped as a small piece of the ship broke off and fell to the sandy Earth below.

Gonzo clenched the arm rests on his chair as the rocket broke through the atmosphere and into the great beyond.

All of the Muppets down on Cape Doom sighed in relief and began to return to their respective cars.

“Well that was anti-climactic!” Statler said.

“Are you kidding?” Waldorf asked. “That was the most excitement you’ve had since the Revolutionary War! Do ho ho ho!”

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

When Gonzo reached the vast starry reaches of space he could finally relax. Now all he had to do was wait as the ship piloted itself to his family’s space station thanks to the coordinates he had given Bunsen.

But now he was alone again. He silently hoped that it wouldn’t take too long to reach the space station. He sighed. “No one’s here for me right now...No one to talk to, no one to sing with, no one to dance with...” he stood up and walked to the center of the ship and began to dance around.

On the floors of Tokyo
Down in London town to go go,” he looked down at the metallic flooring and saw his reflection.
With the right direction
And the mirrors reflection
I’m dancin’ with myself

When there’s no one else in sight
In the crowded lonely night
If I had the chance I’d ask the world to dance
Now I’m a’dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself

Well there’s nothin’ to lose
And there’s nothin’ to prove
I’m a’dancin’ with myself,” he began to dance around and around the ship.

Well I’ve looked all over the world
And there’s every type of girl
Well if I had the chance I’d ask the world to dance

Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with myself
Dancin’ with-

“You don’t have to dance by yourself,” a small voice said from behind him.

Gonzo jumped in the air and turned around to see Robin the Frog smiling at him.

“Robin?! Wha-What are you doing here?” Gonzo shouted.
Robin shrugged, “Well I-I haven’t really gotten much time to see you. And I wanted to come with you Gonzo.”

Gonzo fidgeted. “But, but you can’t be here! Kermit’s gonna be so worried and-And...”

“Don’t worry, I wrote him a note and left it in a place where he can’t miss it!” Robin said.

Gonzo sighed. “But Robin...You can’t be here, this is going to be too dangerous for you!”

“I’ll be okay Gonzo, you’ll be here to protect me,” Robin smiled.

Gonzo rubbed the back of his head, “Okay, but we’ll still have to call Kermit when we get to the space station. But you can’t let anyone see you! I don’t know if there are any spies, and I can’t let you get hurt.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Zongo watched a monitor from the space station, he saw the rocket launch from Cape Doom. He walked through an automatic door and bumped into a red feathered, pink nosed Gonzonian. “Oh Princess Flanzgo excuse me,” the Earthling said helping the Gonzonian up from the floor.

The red feathered female dusted herself off. “It’s my fault Zongo, I should’ve been paying attention to where I was going. But I noticed you were in a hurry to, where are you off to?”

Zongo smiled at the princess, “I’m off to tell your father that your uncle Gonzo is on his way to our craft here.”

Flanzgo gasped. “He’s coming! Oh praise the sky we may be saved!”

Zongo nodded. “I’m sure he’ll be able to help us.”

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go tell daddy!” she said running off.

“Wait for me!” Zongo called after her.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
WHOA! Plot twist! Robin the stowaway! My goodness! Uncle Kermit's going to be mad! Oh well, I really like it! You've just given the story a whole new dimension!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... But did you rully hexpect anything less from Robin?
So much goodness, I can only attempt to hug this...

Let's see...
Johnny's car getting dumped in the ocean, followed by Beaker with the Fender Defender.
Everybody seeing Gonzo off...
Camilla's good-bye was especially sweet, and Rizzo's prayer was funny.
Listening to Muppets Tonight for that song huh?
Gonzo: Hey, there's a party over at Gonzo's!
*Gonzos run off out of the shot.
Gonzo, the real one: Ha, I thought I'd never leave.

And then Zongo and Flazngo at the end, with a glimmer of hope for their people...
Good stuff, post more soon-ish.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Listening to Muppets Tonight for that song huh?
Gonzo: Hey, there's a party over at Gonzo's!
*Gonzos run off out of the shot.
Gonzo, the real one: Ha, I thought I'd never leave.
Yup, got some mondo inspiration from MT! I just recieved the entire series from MuppetLord yesterday. And I've already watched the whole thing...:halo: Oh well, it's awesome. And I also realized that I've been spelling Johnny and Sal's last names wrong throughout my fan-fic career. :stick_out_tongue: Oh well...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh heh heh... Yeah, coulda told you it was Fiama and Manilla.
Got an almost entire MT VCD set from MuppetLord myself too, and know it's coming from the same source... My good Muppet video business buddy from up north, Justin.
Though I'd warn you clean the disc with the 30th Anniversary Special, my copy kind of glitches out during Big Bird's presentation.

BTW: Don't suppose you could help with a couple questions I have lingering for the list?
Oh well... Hope for more story soon.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
BTW: Don't suppose you could help with a couple questions I have lingering for the list?
PM me and I'll try my best Ed.

And I should have more story up tomorrow. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Will do... Later though...
Oh, and here's to only 799 more posts to go to join the 10-Timers Club.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 10

Flames erupted from the windows of a C.O.V.N.E.T. office building.

Inside a rocket was perched on its side in the middle of the room with all the desks and office supplies pushed to the edges of the room.

“Oh dang it Clyde,” Butch’s voice said from inside the ship. “You forgot to turn off the emergency brakes!”

Clyde stuck his head out the window of the rocket and looked at the burning office supplies and the singed hole in the wall behind the exhaust of the rocket. “Oh come on Butch, can’t we do this when it’s not five in the morning?” Clyde whined.

“No we cannot!” Butch shouted as he pushed Clyde out of the rocket’s window. “We have the opportunity to follow an alien into space and discover an entire alien race, getting us huge promotions! We do this now!” he shouted out the window.

“Okay, okay fine...” Clyde said.

“That’s better,” Butch said. He let out a big yawn. “You know what Clyde? Why don’t we do this when it’s not five in the morning.”

“That’s a great idea Butch!” Clyde said genuinely.

Butch rubbed his knuckles against his chest. “Yup, that’s why I’m the brains of this outfit.”

Sweetums snored loudly as he slept on the couch in the living room at the Muppet Boarding House. He dreamed of his performance with Rita Moreno on The Muppet Show. He thought that Robin’s Frog Scout mistress; Mrs. Appleby; had come to pick him up to go on a Frog Scout field trip at 6:00 am. It was now 6:30 and Sweetums hadn’t been awake since the other Muppets left to see Gonzo off.

The door to the boarding house burst open and several Muppets darted in.

“BATHROOM! BATHROOM!” Animal shouted.

“Hokay peoples listen up, today’s breakfast special es cinnamon raisin bread, cinnamon rolls and cinnamon flavored coffee, hokay?” Pepe said.

“Man what’s with all the cinnamon?” Zippity Zap asked.

“Well we were going to have cereals, but someone ate it all,” Pepe glared at Rizzo.

“Hey, a rat’s gotta eat!” Rizzo said.

“And eat and eat and eat!” Zippity laughed.

Kermit scrunched up his face and walked into the living room where Sweetums was just now waking up. “Hey Sweetums, everything go alright this morning?” Kermit asked.

Sweetums rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. “Yeah boss, everything was fine, Robin left,” he said, not knowing he how right he was.

“Oh good. Well, you’ll be happy to know that Gonzo made a successful launch,” Kermit said as he sat down in an armchair.

“Great,” Sweetums yawned.

“HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO MY FOO FOO?!” Miss Piggy screamed from the kitchen.

“Man, no way did I stick your stupid dog in the oven!” Floyd remarked. “Not that I haven’t thought about it numerous times.”

Smoke and the smell of singed fur erupted from the kitchen doorway.

“Ker-miiit!” Fozzie shouted.

Kermit sighed. “I’ll get the fire extinguisher, again!”

All progressed as normally as possible within the Muppet Boarding House. And all of its inhabitants remained blissfully unaware as to the whereabouts of their little froggy friend.

Zongo and Flanzgo awoke Onzgo from a nap he took in his chamber and told him that Gonzo was due to arrive at the space station soon.

“Righteous,” Onzgo said. “Come, let us go to the docking bay and meet Gonzo when he arrives.”

The three of them left Onzgo’s private chambers and made their way down the large hallway.

“Finally,” Onzgo said. “With Gonzo here, our people will finally get to live without fear.”

“I just hope Uncle Gonzo knows what he’s getting himself into,” Flanzgo sighed.

Onzgo chuckled. “Don’t worry my child. From what I know of my little brother he doesn’t need to know what he’s getting into, because it will not matter to him.”

The three of them arrived at the docking bay in time to see the rocket land inside. The door on it’s side opened automatically and stairs slid down from the ship to the floor.

Inside the ship Gonzo ushered Robin towards his suitcase. “Quick Robin get in, you can’t be seen!”

“Brother Gonzo!” Onzgo’s voice called from outside. “Welcome home!”

Gonzo turned to the door. “Home,” Gonzo said softly.

“Okay Gonzo, I’m ready,” Robin said from inside the suitcase.

Gonzo rushed over to the suitcase and closed it shut. He took a deep breath and descended the stairs.

Officer Barretta knocked on the Muppet Boarding House door. After a few seconds, Kermit opened the door. “Oh, hi-ho Officer, we didn’t expect to see you this soon,” the frog said.

Officer Barretta tipped his hat. “Morning Kermit, the DNA scan went better than expected and we’ve found a match to the hair we found in your basement,” he handed Kermit a file folder.

The frog opened it and saw two pictures, one of a large blue monster, and the other of a smaller pink one.

“That’s Butch and Clyde there. We thought you’d like to know the culprits of your robbery. I’m ready to dispatch a team to arrest them and have your rocket returned.”

“Oh no, we wouldn’t want that,” Kermit said. “It was probably just a mistake. And these guys look friendly enough, I tell you what Officer, we’ll handle this one if that’s alright.”

Officer Barretta smiled. “I shouldn’t have expected any less from you Kermit. Good luck,” he said as he returned to his squad car.

Kermit closed the door and walked back inside. “Hey everybody, the police found our notorious rocket robbers,” Kermit said as he walked into the dining room where all the Muppets were at the table eating breakfast.

“Groovy,” Dr. Teeth said. “Are the men with the badges, the po-lice, the fuzz, the P.I.G. going to dispatch their forces to send them to the hoosgow, the joint, the cooler?”

Kermit sat down at his spot at the head of the table. “Uh, no Dr. Teeth, I think we’re gonna handle this one.”

“Kermit, we’re going to deal with vicious robbers?” Fozzie moaned.

“Well Fozzie, they look nice enough,” Kermit said handing the bear the folder.

Fozzie opened it and looked at the pictures. “Oh yeah, they look like Muppets. Hey, and look here, they work at that government agency that took Gonzo that one time!”

“Their C.O.V.ies?” Bobo asked. All of the other Muppets turned and stared at him. “Heh heh heh, that’s what I call ‘em C.O.V.ies.”

“Bad guys! Bad guys!” Animal chanted.

“Well, we don’t know that for sure Animal, but we’re gonna find out,” Kermit said. “Who’s with me?”

“You mean, who’s witcha to go to a secret government agency, deal with robbers, and possibly get injured in da process?” Rizzo asked.

“Well, uh, yeah,” Kermit said.

“I’m out,” Floyd said.

“I have a lot of stuff to clean up down in the basement still.”

“Mee mo mee mee mo mo mee.”

“Sorry Kerm I got a date and-“

“It’s like this Kermit I have to work again.”

“JOHNNY FIAMMA’S SCARED OF ROBBERS!”

“QUIET!!” Fozzie shouted. “How many times do we have to go over this?” Fozzie asked. “Kermit has done so much for us, why can’t we do this one thing for him?”

“Aw man, I was only kiddin’.”

“I suppose I could clean up later.”

“Mee me mo.”

“Like I guess I could totally call in sick.”

“Man I feel like half a cent.”

“JOHNNY FIAMMA FEELS LIKE HALF A CENT!”

“Well there you go Kermit,” Fozzie said. “We’re all with you!”

“Oh good,” Kermit said, his stomach growled and he scrunched up his face. “Just right after breakfast okay?”

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great chapter! Chaos at the Boarding House was great! Poor Robin having to be shoved in the suitcase! Also love the scene with everyone backing out, it reminds me of GMC. Great job, can't wait to read more!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh good, it was supposed to remind you of GMC Beth...:stick_out_tongue:

Um, but...Worse...Ok bad news...Tomorrow I'm heading to my grandma's house until Sunday, where I won't have access to my story and can't post it. And then from Monday to NEXT Sunday I'll be on vacation with my family... :frown: So not only will you guys not get any story for almost two weeks, but I'll miss Lisa's return home! UGH!!

But, I do have something to leave you all with so you don't completely forget the story...Ladies and gentlemen, meet Butch. (P.S. Ed, I know you can't see the picture, so I hope the description I gave in the story was enough for you.)

EDIT: Beth that post was number 3,333!! Hehehe.