Old Friends Who've Just Met

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 11

Thunderous applause and cheers roared through the landing bay as Gonzo descended the stairs. Onzgo, Zongo and Flanzgo moved forward through the cheering crowds. Onzgo laughed and quieted down the crowd. "My brother from Earth!" Onzgo said as he walked towards Gonzo.

Gonzo grinned. "Hi!" he said. "I’ve missed you all so much!"

"We have missed you too my courageous brother, and we cannot thank you enough for coming on such short notice," Onzgo said as he embraced Gonzo with a hug.

"Hey, I couldn’t let you guys die out. I mean, you’re my family," the weirdo said, smiling.

Zongo and Flanzgo stepped forward slightly. Onzgo looked back at them, "Oh my how rude of me, please allow me to introduce your niece, Flanzgo," he motioned to his daughter. "And of course you already know Zongo," the alien placed his hand on Zongo’s arm.

Zongo extended his hand to Gonzo, who shook it. "Hi Ed, nice to see you again. Oh, and Bobo...Er, Rentro, says ‘Hi.’"

Zongo nodded and smiled. "Good to see you again Gonzo. I hope you have no hard feelings towards me."

"No no, of course not."

A small opening on the zipped part of Gonzo’s suitcase allowed Robin to peer through. The small frog looked at Flanzgo who was introducing herself to her uncle.

Onzgo peered down at the suitcase. He saw the speck of dark green inside and the white eye glancing around.

Onzgo grabbed Gonzo’s shoulder and led him out of the docking bay. "Come my brother, there is much more to see."

"Great," Gonzo said. "Oh and by the way, I never got your name either."

"Ah," Onzgo nodded. "I am Onzgo, the Uber-Gonzo. And you, you are Gonzo. My brother, and the true ruler of these people."

"What?!" Gonzo shouted.

Onzgo chuckled. "I will explain in due time my brother. But for now," Onzgo whispered. "We need to do something with your luggage."

Gonzo gulped. "You noticed?"

"I see many things, but don’t worry, your little friend is in no danger as of now."

Gonzo nodded. "Is there anyway I can call my friends? Kermit always worries about Robin."

"Quiet," Onzgo urged. "The walls have ears. Come we must go to Des Filmer, he can help you contact this Kermit."

A small section of the wall directly behind the alien brothers shifted and moved along to an open door. The door slid shut automatically. Zongo turned around and eyed the door.

"Zongo are you coming?" Onzgo asked.

Zongo stared at the door for a moment before answering. "No no, you need this family gathering."

"If that is your wish, than we shall abide by it, come now Gonzo, Flanzgo, we must make haste, we are not safe," Onzgo said as he pushed his relatives along.
Zongo walked up to the door he was eyeing and entered a number into a key pad, making the door slide open. As the door opened, a large monitor inside the room flashed off and Zongo felt a light breeze near his waist. "What on Gonzonia was that?"

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Exod tapped his fingers on the arm of his throne while his other hand rested on his chin. An alien servant was kneeled at his feet, rubbing them.

Another alien entered the room, this one wearing a medium-sized black cape and a red suit underneath it. "My lord, we have received a message from Xaldin, apparently, this Gonzo the Gonzonians are relying on, had a little stowaway," the alien grinned menacingly.

Exod kicked the servant at his feet as he stepped off his throne. "This is going to be fun then, isn’t it Xander?"

The one called Xander half bowed. "What is your order my liege?"

"Contact Xaldin again, tell him to put our plan into motion now. And let’s include this stowaway in our little ploy as well."

"As you wish master," Xander said, leaving the throne room.

The servant boy that was kicked by Exod cowered in the corner of the room staring at the tyrant.

Exod turned his head to his slave. "And just what are you looking at?" he asked, extending his arm with his hand half-clenching.

The servant grew wide eyed and its mouth began to fall open. "No!" the boy shouted. "Where did that come from?! It’s not possible!" the boy screamed in terror.

Exod laughed. "How do you enjoy staring down your greatest fear?" the alien overlord laughed.

The boy whimpered in the corner as Exod left his mind-prisoner, overcome with fear.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Zongo examined the monitor that had flipped off when he entered the room, typing things, trying to find the source of the call, if it was a call that was.

Suddenly, the screen turned itself on again. "Xaldin? Xaldin, if you can hear me, put the plan into motion, and take the new Gonzonian’s stowaway and bring him as well," said the alien on the screen.

Zongo looked puzzled. "Xaldin?" he asked aloud. "Who is Xal-" Zongo fell to the floor.

From behind the man emerged a shimmering silver alien, holding a large metal rod. He dropped the rod and moved towards the screen, pressing a button on the control panel and speaking into a speaker with a shrill, chilling voice. "You got it Xander," Xaldin said, turning of the monitor.

The alien walked to the wall and climbed up it with his sharp talons on both his hands and feet, then changing his skin to replicate the wall, making him completely invisible.

"Alright Mahna, who would you like to call?" the host asked.

"Mahna Mahna," a firey orange-haired Muppet said.

"Alright AT&T could you get them on the phone please?" the host said.

A ringing sound was heard over head in the studio, then a clicking sound, signaling that someone had picked up.

"Hello Snowths? This is Regis Philbin from ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire.’ I’m here with your friend Mahna Mahna, who’s already used two of his life-lines on the one-hundred dollar question and he still needs your help, so here he is, thirty seconds, start now!" the host said.

The number thirty appeared on the screen and began ticking backwards.

"Mahna Mahna," the Muppet said.

"Doo do doo do doo," two voices said over the "phone."

"Mahna Mahna!" the Muppet shouted trying to get an answer.

"Doo do doo do."

"MAHNA MAHNA!"

"Doo do doo do doo, doo do doo, doo do doo, doo do, doo do doo do doo!"

The time ran out and Mahna Mahna slammed his head down and began to weep. "Oh, that’s too bad," the host said to him.

Clifford laughed. "Man oh man, that never gets old," he said as he walked by the television screen holding mail and going towards the dining room. "Mail guys!"

Kermit set down his newspaper. "Anything for me Clifford?" the frog asked.

Clifford shuffled through the mail. "Uh, yeah, here ya go, postcard," the purple Muppet handed Kermit a postcard with a dessert on the front.

Kermit read the postcard. "Oh good, our writer’s enjoying her stay in Israel and should be back to work Monday," the frog smiled.

"Hey, how come the hatrack gets a vacation?" Bobo asked.

"You mean you don’t?" Rizzo asked.

"Good grief," Kermit said as he returned to his morning paper.

"Hey Kermit," Rowlf said. "Maybe you should give Mrs. Appleby a call and make sure Robin got off safely?" the dog asked.

"Good idea Rowlf," Kermit said, beginning to get up.

"Yaber hoo der soonermon woofles!" the Swedish Chef announced, carrying a tray of waffles out to the table.

Kermit sat back down. "But, uh, now breakfast is here, so let’s eat."

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

"Puppetry?" Gonzo asked.

"Puppetry," Des Filmer responded.

"That’ll never catch on," Gonzo said.

"Well maybe not, but it’s still our only means of immediate contact with Earth," Onzgo said.

Gonzo shrugged. "Okay," he said, slipping on the electronic glove. "It just feels so weird..." he mumbled.

"What if no one answers?" Robin asked from his seat on Flanzgo’s lap.

"Oh, they will," Des said. "Look, they’re getting ready to eat those waffles as we speak!" he said, motioning to the monitor that showed the Muppet Boarding House dining room. "Actually, we kinda need to hurry."

"Oh right," Gonzo said, pressing a button on the glove. "So now I just talk and move my hand in the same motion?" Des Filmer nodded. "Alright, here goes nothing," he cleared his throat, then began to speak and move the two separated sections of his hand up and down. "Kermit? Kermit are you there?"

On the monitor in front of Gonzo, Kermit jumped from his seat in surprise, sending coffee all over the floor. Beauregard got up from his seat to find a mop, but all of the other Muppets stared down to the head of the table at Kermit’s seat. "Uh, yeah," the frog said, stumbling over his words.

"It’s me, Gonzo!" the blue weirdo said, still performing the art of puppetry.

"Gonzo?" Kermit asked, staring down at his talking pancakes as well. "But how?"

"Same way a tray of hospital spaghetti can talk to me I guess," he said. "But this is important Kermit! Robin stowed away in my suitcase, he’s here with me now."

"What?!" Kermit shouted. "But-But-Robin-he went to Frog Scouts-Sweetums saw him off!"

"He’s right here Kermit," Gonzo said. "If his hands were big enough, I’d let him talk to you."

Kermit exhaled. "Is he in danger Gonzo?" Kermit asked calmly.

Gonzo gulped. "Well, sort of," Gonzo said.

"Sort of? What does that mean?"

"Well, there is the threat of an alien overlord..."

"ALIEN OVERLORD?!" Kermit shouted, finally losing control.

"Kermit, calm down, I’ll get him home safe, I promise," Gonzo said. "I’ll make this stay here as short as possible. Then I’ll fly back and bring Robin home safely."

Kermit shook his head. "But Gonzo, this may be your only time with your family. What if a group of me and the guys took another of the rockets and flew up to get Robin?"

"Kermit, I quit my stunts to be with you guys, I can’t let you endanger yourselves like that."

Onzgo gasped behind his brother when he heard that he quit doing his stunts.

"Don’t worry Gonzo, I’m sure we’ll be fine," Kermit said. "It’s just a little space flight, we’ve been through...Er...Well nothing bigger, but surely something worse," the frog smiled.

Gonzo laughed a bit. "Ok Kermit, you win. Just make sure Camilla stays back, I don’t think she’d like anti-gravity too much. You know how her giblets act up."

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Uh, no, no I don’t, and I really don’t care to. So I guess we’ll see you soon?"

"I guess so," Gonzo said. "Bye," he said, taking off the puppetry glove. "Well Robin did you hear that?" Gonzo asked turning around. "Your uncles coming to-" he stopped. Robin and Flanzgo were nowhere in sight.

"What is it Gonzo?" Onzgo asked, as he and Des Filmer just now turned around as well. "No! Flanzgo! No!"

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Robin the Frog cowered in front of a large shadow. Flanzgo was restrained behind the frog. "Hello my green little friend," Xaldin said revealing his rows of sharp teeth. "Are you ready to meet Exod? Soon-to-be ruler of all, master of manipulation-"

"Terrifying tyrant!" Flanzgo shouted.

"Ooh, that’s a good one princess," Xaldin said. "I’ll have to submit that one to the writers! He he he!" he laughed. "Now!" he shouted. "Enough of this, it’s time to go," he pushed Flanzgo into a pod, and grabbed Robin around his waist and hopped in as well. "Destination: Exod! Ha ha ha ha!"

The door of the escape pod slammed shut, and it jettisoned from the Gonzonian spacecraft.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh NO! ROBIN!!!! Awww.....I can't believe this is happening! Flanzgo in trouble, tied up, and Robin in the clutches of Xaldin!

I can't wait to read more Ryan!!

Leyla

Reaction score
Wow, this is a great action-filled, kinda scary story! And now I'm all terrified for Robin! Oh, that impetuous little frog! The trouble he gets into and the resulting worry for Kermit.

I'm liking Gonzo's family, and I find the names really fun. I like how you twist up Gonzo's name, and in general use interesting sounds.

The scene with Mahna Mahna was hilarious! Poor guy, just can't win. I loved the puppetry line and Camilla's giblets and the reference to Destination: Home!

This is a wonderful, creative story. Keep up the good work!

Leyla
(Oh, and our stories are completely different, save for the coincidental Gonzo giving up his act line.)

christyb

Reaction score
Soooo not fair Ryan! You cannot stop there and tease me with stuff on MSN. More please. Or fear the rath of the penguin cannon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Showers Prawny with water balloons, as Zany walks by with "Applause" in big letters on his cue card.

Ryan, this was soooooo great! Making me squeee at so many different points.
Posted by "Ryan: "Hi Ed, nice to see you again."
Thanks for remembering.
Posted by Prawney: "Zongo stared at the door for a moment before answering. "No no, you need this family gathering."
Squee! Reference to my story, a first so far!

Enjoyed the bit with Mahna Mahna, hilarious.
Dessert? Ooh, wonder which kind, maybe something dripping with chocolate.
Posted by T*K*O's top killer, after Vic: "Kermit read the postcard. "Oh good, our writer’s enjoying her stay in Israel and should be back to work Monday," the frog smiled."
Hee, Lisa, you've been sorely missed.
Posted by that guy in Room #25: "It’s time to go," he pushed Flanzgo into a pod, and grabbed Robin around his waist and hopped in as well. "Destination: Exod! Ha ha ha ha!"
Ping! Lisa's first story getting another nod, hexcellent.

Of course, I'm also worried about Robin and Flanzgo and that mind slave creature, and oy! Just get everybody up there so they can rescue Robin!
The door of the escape pod slammed shut, and it jettisoned from the Gonzonian spacecraft.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Mahna Mahna!!!!!!! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I know that this scene was not central to the story in anyway, shape or form, but it was HILARIOUS! And then Kermit reading the mail, nice nod to Lisa. And then the phone call and now Robin's not there and OY! I can't wait to read more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Um... Let's get down to business, shall we?
theprawncracker said:
"Ah," Onzgo nodded. "I am Onzgo, the Uber-Gonzo. And you, you are Gonzo. My brother, and the true ruler of these people."
My reaction here is strikingly similar to Gonzo's. WHAT?!?!?!?!? OHHHHHHHHH goodness...

Prawnie said:
"Quiet," Onzgo urged. "The walls have ears. Come we must go to Des Filmer, he can help you contact this Kermit."
First, I imagined a wall with giant ears sticking out of it, and I laughed. Then I realized how much fear the Gonzonians live in, and I wasn't laughing anymore. Hey, WAIT a second! I just thought of something! If Gonzo's the true leader of the people, then no WONDER he was named for... OH, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Now where was I?

Gonzo-at-heart said:
Another alien entered the room, this one wearing a medium-sized black cape and a red suit underneath it. "My lord, we have received a message from Xaldin, apparently, this Gonzo the Gonzonians are relying on, had a little stowaway," the alien grinned menacingly.

Exod kicked the servant at his feet as he stepped off his throne. "This is going to be fun then, isn’t it Xander?"
GAH! NO! GARGAHUHMANAGA! ARGH- <whimpers>

Sharer of brainspace said:
Kermit read the postcard. "Oh good, our writer’s enjoying her stay in Israel and should be back to work Monday," the frog smiled.
I don't get it. I couldn't find stamps, I couldn't find a mailbox, I couldn't send a postcard to Nyssa or to my parents or to my aunt and uncle or to my grandparents- So how did the MBH get theirs??? I mean really, I did NOT expect that carrier pigeon to make it across the Mediterranean Sea, let alone the Atlantic Ocean! ...What?...

The Chest of Drawers said:
"Hey, how come the hatrack gets a vacation?" Bobo asked.
Well, YOU try holding up everyone's hats all day! It's tiring! And people put COATS on hatracks, too! That's REALLY tiring! You try it! And then try writing at the same time. It's no picnic, I'll tell ya...

Mr. Goelz said:
"Puppetry?" Gonzo asked.

"Puppetry," Des Filmer responded.

"That’ll never catch on," Gonzo said.
Gonzo never was a big fan of puppetry... there was mention of that in a TMS episode, no idea which... But I just love this...

Charles Dickens! ...Well... Sort of-ish? said:
"It just feels so weird..." he mumbled.
Can you say, understatement? Very funny. OH! And I don't think I ever mentioned, kudos to you for way back in the first chapter, "Moi am no marrionette!" And the reinforced stage, from last summer! I know what they did last summer! I loved that so much! Okay, now where was I?... Oh yes, perfect reaction of Kermit to Gonzo, alien overlord, etc...

That guy who disappered for a while before I vanished and he came back... said:
"Kermit, I quit my stunts to be with you guys, I can’t let you endanger yourselves like that."

Onzgo gasped behind his brother when he heard that he quit doing his stunts.
Hoo boy, they've got some catching up to do. Sure hope Onzgo can convince Gonzo to go back into stunts... Well, we'll see... <Sigh.>

...and then he left again said:
"Ooh, that’s a good one princess," Xaldin said. "I’ll have to submit that one to the writers! He he he!"
I know I shouldn't have laughed at that, but... Well it's not my fault you gave the bad guy the good punchline! Now then, just let me get my hands on him, and I'll give him my OWN kind of punchline! Lots of them! How DARE he! ROBIN!!!!!! ...And Flanzgo...

...Together again! ...I think I missed something here... said:
"Destination: Exod! Ha ha ha ha!"
Ohhhhhhh... OH I feel sick... OH... oh... <deep breath>
MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Of course it's hard being a hatrack... Holding up people's hats, and coats, and then trying to write at the same time.
Just ask that Snowth guy who thinks he's in charge of that thread killers' unit.

Java

Reaction score
Oh, you must post more soon! Loved it! And that's all I can say right now.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ugh, guys, I'm so sorry, I've been so busy all day. I won't be able to get a new chapter up today...but I plan to post two chapters tomorrow. A) because I didn't get one up today, and B) because I'm not gonna be able to post another chap. til Saturday...:frown:

So there ya go,
Ryan
Prawnie
theprawncracker