Old Friends Who've Just Met

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
First of all, as some of you may know, I'm not into long and detailed reviews, so I'll just say that I loved the last couple of updates!
Second of all, shucks! I knew there was a catch to your promise of posting two chapters at once! Now, would yuou care to tell us just why you won't be able to update until Saturday? Don't tell us we have to go in there and get the explination manually.
*aside to Lisa* 'cause you know, those brain probes are so time-consuming, and most of the time they just go into shock before they can get any real screaming in...
That's okay Ryan; just take care of whatever you need to, and update again as soon as you can.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow! I am just really stoked about what I read in Chapter Eleven! It was such a marvelous chapter that I'm having a problem thinking of something good to post about it.:smile:

Can't wait to see what happens next!:big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 12

Kermit stared down at the file folder, then up to a door. "Well, this looks like the place," he said to the other Muppets behind him.

"Oh Mr. Kermit sir, I am so sorry that this is the only functioning spacecraft we have left," Bunsen said.

"Not as sorry as Beaker is I’d say," Kermit scrunched up his face while Beaker shivered around the parking lot. "And anyway it’s better this way, cause can kill two birds with one stone.

"BA-GAWK!" Camilla shouted.

"Good grief, everything’s a pun with us isn’t it?" Kermit sighed. He shook his head and rapped his fist on the door. There was no answer. He knocked once more. Still no answer.

"Well, looks like noone’s home, let’s go, maybe we can try back in a few years," Rizzo said, as he began to walk off.

"Hold it there," Bobo said, pulling Rizzo back. "I worked here long enough that I know all the weak spots, watch," the bear said as he approached the door.

"Oh great, what’re ya gonna do Smokey? Start a fire?" Piggy asked sarcastically.

"Hey," Bobo said sternly, pointing a furry brown finger at the pig. "Only you can prevent forest fires sister."

"Oh brother," Piggy grunted.

Bobo walked up to the door and tapped it gently four times in four different places. Then he gently placed his pinky finger on the door and it collapsed on the floor. "See, what did I tell you?"

The Muppets shuffled into the C.O.V.N.E.T. office building and looked around.
"Hello?" Kermit called into the dark, quiet building.

"See, I told ya no one was home," Rizzo smirked.

"Hey look over there Kermit!" Fozzie said, pointing in the direction of a rocket ship and a charred circle of office supplies.

"That’s my rocket!" Bunsen shouted.

"Moo mo mee!" Beaker argued.

"Oh yes Beaker, I am sorry, our rocket," Bunsen appologized.

Kermit looked around the office once more. "Well, I guess you were right Rizzo, noone’s home."

"Well whadaya think we should do now boss?" Scooter asked.

"Well I don’t have time to wait around, I’ve got to take this rocket up and get Robin home," Kermit said, hopping into the rocket. "Dr. Honeydew, could you enter the coordinates?"

"Oh, but of course Mr. Kermit," Bunsen said.

Robin and Flanzgo thudded against the jail cell wall as Xaldin tossed them inside. He pressed a button on the side of the cell causing lasers to shoot down from the ceiling, making bars to prevent the prisoners from escaping.
"Exod will be with you in thirty minutes or less, or else you’re free! He he he he!" the monster cackled off down the corridor.

"Alright!" Robin said. "Now all we have to do is time how long it is until he gets here, and maybe we can get set free!"

Flanzgo was curled up in a corner of the cell with her knees pulled to her chest. "I don’t think so Robin," she whispered. "I think it’s time to give up."

"Give up?" Robin asked softly. "We can’t give up princess. I was taught to never give up, no matter how bad things look!"

"Come on Robin, it’s hopeless," Flanzgo said. "We’re trapped in a jail cell under the mercy of a horrific alien overlord! How can we not give up hope?"

"Well by singing a song of course!" Robin said. "It’s not that easy bein’ green
Havin’ to spend the day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer
Bein’ red or yellow or gold
Or somethin’ much more colorful like that.

"It’s not easy bein’ green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
‘Cause you’re not standin’ our like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky."

"Robin," Flanzgo said. "I’m not green. I could never be green...Look at green: Green’s the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly like
And green can be big like an ocean
Or important like a mountain
Or tall like a tree," Flanzgo sang.

Robin nodded. "That’s the whole point Flanzgo! You got it now! When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder?
Why wonder?
I’m green,
"

"You’re green," Flanzgo sang.

"And it’ll do fine
It’s beautiful, and I think it’s what I want to be." Robin sang.

"I get it now," Flanzgo nodded. "Even though you’re green, you never give up, right?"

"Left," Robin smiled.

Flanzgo laughed quietly deep inside the cell.
"Oh no...Robin..." Gonzo whispered.

"My daughter!" Onzgo shouted. "Not my daughter," he moaned. "We must do something, brother Gonzo, we must act now! Des, get find Zongo. Bring him to my quarters."

Des Filmer nodded. "I’m on it."

Des left the room and Onzgo turned to his brother and placed his arm on his shoulder. "Gonzo, I must explain this to you, now."

Gonzo nodded. "Alright, if it will help Robin. I’ll do anything."

"That’s good to know," Onzgo said. "Now, you must be wondering how and why you are the true ruler of the Gonzonians, correct?" Gonzo nodded. "You my brother were born after I was. Making you the second born of our father, the first Uber Gonzo. You were born on a spacecraft in the middle of a massive war between our planet, Gonzonia, and the planet of the evil overlord Exod, Exodia."

"Wait a sec," Gonzo stopped his brother. "He was named after his planet too?"

"Indeed, as it turns out, you and Exod were born at the same time, also the same time a pact was being signed between the two planets, declaring that the each of you would be ruler of their respective planets after the current rulers passed on."

"But what happened? How did I get to Earth?"

Onzgo sighed. "Exodia attacked. They threatened to destroy our entire planet if we did not declare Exod the ruler of Gonzonia as well. Naturally we refused, Gonzonians are true to their word. So, our mother, Zonzo, and our father, Ganzgo placed our entire species on two spaceships. They were on the battle craft, as were you, while I remained on the other as captain."

"And then...And then they sent me out of an escape pod to Earth...Right?" Gonzo asked.

Onzgo nodded sadly. "Then the forces of Exodia wiped out our planet, and the war ship." The alien rubbed his forehead. "Luckily, I was able to blast the space station away to a far away galaxy."

"And you became Uber Gonzo?"

"You were presumed dead, along with the other half of our species on the battleship...I was the only remaining member of the royal family...I had to take the throne."

"How did you find me? I mean, if you didn’t even know I was gone, how?"

Onzgo chuckled (for the first time since Gonzo had arrived), "We received a transmission from Earth. It was The Muppet Show."
"Si, I will go, hokay?" Pepe said.

"And then you’ll tell Gonzo," Rizzo told the prawn.

"Si I’ll tell him," said an annoyed Pepe.

"Good."

"Okay Kermit, that’s everyone," Scooter told the boss standing at the doorway of the of the rocket.

Kermit gulped. "Great..." he said. Fozzie, Rizzo and Pepe boarded the ship.

As Piggy began to walk over, she was stopped by Camilla. "Byock, bawk byok, bawk bawk bagawk," she clucked.

Piggy frowned. "Beg pardon?"

"Byock bawk bawk bawk bagawk!" the chicken said.

"Right, sure, whatever!" she muttered. "I coulda held up that job at the T.V. station if I knew I had all this stupid alien stuff seven years ago..."

"Don’t worry boss, me and the gang will keep in constant contact from the theater," Scooter reminded the frog.

"That’s right Mr. Kermit, with the new Muppet Labs Tele-Transmitter!" Bunsen and Beaker ran forward, handing Kermit a seemingly normal telephone.

"Dr. Honeydew...This looks just like a regular phone," Kermit said.

"Exactly!" Bunsen shouted. "But it stretches to the outer reaches of space and never charges you for roaming!"

"Mee me mo mace!" Beaker repeated.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "You guys are always on the cutting edge..."
"Hey there Kermit," Bobo pushed forward in the crowd. "Mind if I tag along? I’d love to see Ed again," he chuckled to himself. "Baby steps sir, baby steps, heh heh."

"Well sure Bobo, no problem, we could always use another...Er...Well we could use more help," Kermit told him.

"Alright Mr. Kermit sir, the coordinates have been put in, all you have to do is flip the front switch and pull back the brakes, and you’re on your way!" Bunsen told the frog.

"Bring our little buddy back Kermit," Rowlf told him. "We’ll be right here waitin’ for you to get back."

"I only wish I was going," Link Hogthrob said. "After all I have had much more experience as a space captain..."

"Hey, if any of youse guys needs an osteopath when you get back, you know which monkey to call!" Sal shouted.

"How many times to I have to tell you Sal?" Johnny asked. "It’s a boneologist, and why would you bring that cute little monkey from ‘Aladdin’ into this? He’s never available for private parties!"

Kermit shook his head and walked to the driver’s seat of the rocket (This one being considerably bigger than Gonzo’s). He flipped the switch and released the brakes, sending flames erupting from the back.

"Down Animal, c’mon man, sit!" Floyd shouted, trying to hold onto Animal’s chain.

"SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!" Animal shouted, finally breaking free from Floyd’s grasp. He jumped up into the door and closing it behind him.

"Heh heh, looks like Animal’s becomin’ our resident ‘Rocketman!’" Dr. Teeth laughed.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
PRAWNIE!

I see an old trend has returned- a frog in a dungeon singing "Bein Green." And duh, I love it!

And Bobo, "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!" I love that too.

Explanation of Gonzo being the leader, and named for the planet, and Exod, and the whole mess they're in... <Nods> Good.

And Pepe still hasn't told Gonzo, so he's going... <headslap> Oy... And Camilla/Piggy interaction, very good, and the phone... I'm curious... And Animal, oh boy....

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: OH MY GOSH SHAME ON ME I FORGOT TO MENTION! Right, left! <<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>

<waves at Ed's post below> Hey down there!

That's... about all I had to say. That I'm remembering. So. MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh that was vonderful!

What is it with frogs singing Bein' Green when jailed in cells?
Liked the little zing at Lisa there between Robin and Flanzgo too.

The story of Gonzo's heritage... Important and thrilling, who'd've thought he was royalty.

Nice Muppety touches at the C.O.V.N.E.T. headquarters. The rocket ship and everybody leaving... Rizzo still guilting Pepe into telling Gonzo about the jacuzi... Bobo tagging along, and Animal jumping onto the rocket ship... The telephone without any roaming charges...

So great, post the next one soon buddy.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wonderful!! I loved it! Robin was so cute singing Being Green. And I can't tell you how funny I thought this line was:
Good grief, everything’s a pun with us isn’t it?" Kermit sighed.
I don't know how long I laughed, but I did. You've got a good combo of action/adventure/drama/humor going on here and I love it! Keep it up!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ok, time to 'splain myself. I'm going today at 4:30 to my grandparents house (AGAIN!!) to paint their deck. So that's why I won't get more story up til Saturday. As Lisa so eloquently put it, "Grandparent Overload" has taken me over! So, it looks like I won't be able to post another chapter today. Sorry guys...

Java

Reaction score
Oh, the torture. You have to post more. I can't take the suspense. Robin and Flanzgo captured...

But wait, everyone is waiting for the reunion show in mine. And it's slow going deciding which act to put where. So, we'll forgive you.

It's okay, just post more when you can. Don't fall to far into the Grandparent Overload well, and if they feed you a lot, just do your best to space it out (I can't walk into my husbands grandparents with out have a whole box of Klondike bars shoved at me or some other food...)

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Alright then, see you when you get back. I am a bit disapointed about the lack of a second chapter, but the last one was brilliant! Just three thaughts I'd like to put out there...
First, I love the idea of the space phone that doesn't charge roming. Goodness knows they could use it, always being in debt.
Second, I love Flansgo! Even if she is willing to give up too easily, she is ever friendly and good-natured. Most importantly, she is nice to Robin!
Awww man, I forgot what the third thaught was... I'll get back to you on that one, lol.
Well, I'll talk to you when you get back...again!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 13

Onzgo and Gonzo had arrived at Onzgo’s chambers by the time Onzgo had finished telling his brother all he needed to know about his family, his home and himself.

"So this is it?" Gonzo asked.

"Totally," Onzgo replied. "This is your final stage of evolution," he said. "You are a true Gonzonian now, and ready to take the throne after my descent."
"But that’ll be a long time from now right?" Gonzo asked.

Onzgo didn’t respond. He looked away from his brother and went into his chamber.

Gonzo sighed, and followed Onzgo into his chamber. Gonzo doubled back when he saw Zongo lying unconscious on the floor with Des Filmer trying to revive him. "What...What happened?" Gonzo asked.

"I don’t know," Des moaned. "I found him like this in the main transmission room, I had him brought in here so we could assess the damage ourselves."
Onzgo rubbed his tall crown. "Oh Zongo...This is all my fault," he sighed. Gonzo put an arm on his brother’s shoulder. "Have you started scanning for damage?" Onzgo asked Des.

Des nodded. "I’ve begun scanning his body, he will recover soon enough."
"Thank goodness," both brothers said in unison.

Onzgo stood up straight. "We. Retaliate. Now."

"What?" Gonzo asked.

"We must do it now. Des, alert the reserve troops."

"They’re our only troops," Des said.

"Well alert them anyway!" Onzgo shouted. "Gonzo, try contacting your friend on Earth again, tell him not to come, it is too dangerous."

"Okay," Gonzo said. The alien was in sudden awe of his brother’s new righteous attitude. "But what if he’s already left?"

"Then all we can do is pray."

Exod stood still as a platform rotated down taking him to the dungeon. Xavier stood on another revolving behind him. "My lord, the troops need to know the plan," Xavier said.

"I will give a plan when I deem it time," Exod said blankly.

"But my lord, the Gonzonians-"

"The Gonzonians are powerless," Exod bellowed. "All you need to know slave, is that I have control and that you need not worry yourself over such details."

Exod reached to the pillar that was revolving down and pressed in on it, sending the platform carrying Xavier the other direction.

Exod’s platform reached the floor of the dungeon. His long maroon robe touched the floor when his feet did and he proceeded down the halls.

Numerous creatures shouted and screeched from their pins as Exod walked by. Exod extended both of his palms, "Silence!" he said sternly, sending all of the prisoners flying back in their cell in distinct silence.

He laughed inside and moved down the rest of the prison to the final cell in the ward. He turned to face it and stared inside.

Flanzgo was standing, waiting, for Exod. She stared straight into the face of the beast. Flanzgo had regained hope. Robin followed his new friend’s lead and stood behind her, feeling braver than ever before.

"Oh princess, I see you noticed I was coming," Exod said.

Flanzgo’s eye lids grew slitted. "What do you want with us?"

"Hmm, now which shall I answer first?" Exod asked. "Shall I tell how I plan to marry the princess? Or how I plan to enslave the young frog for my own? Oh, oh my excuse me I’ve let both slip at once."

Flanzgo spat at Exod’s feet. "I can’t even stand the sight of you! Marriage will never happen. My uncle and father will stop you! You will lose!"
"Ah, brave words from a foolish girl," Exod said.

"Shut up!" Flanzgo shouted. Robin hopped into the air.

"What did you say to me?" Exod asked sternly.

"Flanzgo, don’t," Robin tried to protest.

Flanzgo didn’t listen. "I said shut up!"

"Do you have a death wish?!" Exod exclaimed. He began to put out his hands.

"No!" Robin shouted. The young frog pushed himself in front of Flanzgo. Exod glared down and Robin began to cower.

"Now we have two fools in our midst. Fine then, I shall destroy you both then, in front of your so-called heroes!" he yelled, slamming his fist into the control panel, releasing the laser bars. Exod grabbed both Flanzgo and Robin with one hand and stormed off the way he came.

Just as fast as her hope had been renewed, Flanzgo’s hope had been diminished, and now, Robin’s hope began to slip away.

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

Kermit ignored the random going ons of the crazies behind him as he watched the amazing view of space from the front window of the ship.

Piggy was attempting to do her hair while the ship took on interstellar turbulence. Finally she gave up and growled, throwing her hand mirror on the floor. "Are we there YET?!" she shouted.

"Si si, vamanos Kermin, I need to juse de little prawn’s room, hokay?" said Pepe.

Kermit turned around. "Pepe, there’s a bathroom back there," Kermit pointed to the back of the ship where two doors sat across from each other in the hallway.

"Oh grathius!" Pepe shouted running to the hall. He opened the door on the left and a loud thud sounded.

"Ah! The ship is haunted!" Fozzie wailed.

"Get offa me dumbo," a deep voice said.

"Sorry Butch I fell out," a weaker voice whined.

"Yeah I know, so did I!"

"Dios mio Kermin, I t’ink dat was de closet, hokay? Not de bat’room..." Pepe moaned.

Kermit and the others darted over and pushed aside the closet door. On the floor a large blue Muppet lay on the floor, with a smaller pink one on top of him and Pepe underneath them both.

"What...What is going on here?" Kermit asked.

"Hey," Bobo said. "You’re those C.O.V.ie’s!" the bear chuckled. "It’s great to see you guys again," he helped them up off the floor. "Can I get you anything? ...Not that we have any food on the ship...But if you need something I could-"

"I t’ink dey’re okay Bobo," Rizzo said. "But what are youse guys doin’ here?"
"Well," the shorter one said. "We stole this rocket from your boarding house and then we both got trapped in the closet here when we were trying to find the bathroom."

"Yeah, I was already stuck in the closet and then this moron comes in and gets us both stuck!" the bigger one said.

"You stole our rocket?" Kermit asked.

"Well...Uh, that is to say...Uh...In a word-"

"Yes!"

The large blue one slammed the bottom of his fist onto his pink sidekick’s head. "Shut it Clyde!"

"So you’re Butch...And you’re Clyde?" Fozzie asked.

"Heh," Piggy laughed. "What’re your wives names? Bonnie and Cassidy?"

"Hey that’s fun-ny!" Fozzie said.

"Yeah it is!" Clyde agreed.

"Meh, I guess so," Butch muttered.

"Oy," Animal said.

"Now wait a second!" Kermit shouted. "We’re all friends now?"

"Sure, why not?" Rizzo shrugged.

"I guess it could work out," Butch said.

"Yeah, ‘cause you gotta have frieeeeeeeends!" Clyde sang.

"Si, dis is true."

"Well I guess that makes this a friendship instead of a spaceship! Ahhh! Wocka wocka!"

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Good grief. Well, Butch, Clyde, uh, I’m Kermit the Frog and uh, that’s Fozzie and Miss Piggy, Bobo, Rizzo, Pepe and Animal there. And uh, I guess you’re gonna have to go with us to get my nephew Robin from the alien base and-"

"ALIEN BASE?!" Butch shouted. "You’re goin’-You mean we’re-Alien base! The alien base!"

Kermit gulped. "Um, yeah I suppose it’s the alien base that we’re going to...Of course we don’t know where any other alien bases are but still-"

"Oh hey boss now we can capture the aliens and take ‘em back to the base for-" Butch clamped his hand over Clyde’s mouth.

"Ice cream! Yeah, yeah, take ‘em back for ice cream! Aliens love ice cream, heh heh," Butch laughed innocently.

The Muppets stared at them. "Si I suppose dis is true, Gonso loves pickle and onion milkshakes, hokay?" Pepe said.

"Yeah, he does, doesn’t he?" Fozzie stated.

"I am surrounded by nincompoops," Piggy muttered, going back to her hair.
"Well Butch, Clyde, it’s nice to meet you two," Kermit smiled.

"Yo Kermit! Space station at twelve o’clock!" Rizzo pointed out the front window at the large station approaching.

"Uh, no Riz, it’s uh," Bobo looked at his watch. "Four thirty."

* * * * * * * * * * * *​

The Electric Mayhem’s bus parked in front of the Muppet Theater. Dr. Teeth opened the bus’ door and the Muppets began to pour out and flood into the theater.

Pops the doorman stayed in the ticket booth greeting the Muppets as they arrived. "Hey there! Yeah, hi! How’s it goin’? Yeah go right on in, uh huh."
"Well guys, now all we have to do is wait for Kermit to call," Scooter said.

"Hey Sam, you wanna play Monopoly again?"

"Not on my rights as an American," Sam said.

Rowlf laughed. "Hey Scooter, we gonna work on some acts while Kermit’s away?"

"Well we can’t do the Mayhem’s number, Animal’s gone. And lord knows Fozzie needs to work on his monologue, but he’s gone too. Oh, and Piggy needs to practice her number with the Mormon Tabernacle Penguin Choir, but she’s gone too. And-"

"I could practice my boomerang fish!" Lew shouted, popping into the ticket booth, making Pops jump. "I throw them a-way," he said throwing a fish. It hit the ticket booth glass and fell right down. "Oops..."

Scooter shook his head. "I guess we could have Sweetums and Robin work on-Oh, never mind...Let’s just sit back and relax and wait for Kermit to get back."

"Sounds good to me," Rowlf said as the two of them entered the theater.

Uncle Deadly dropped down in front of them, making both of them fall to the floor. "Oh, hello there," the phantom said helping them both up.

"Don’t try that maneuver in front of Pops," Scooter said, dusting off. "He’ll have a heart attack."

"Will remember that," Deadly said. "What’s this I hear about the frog, pig, bear...Well everyone, what’s this I hear about them?"

"They all went into space to find Robin, he stowed away in Gonzo’s suitcase when he left," Rowlf explained.

"Oh dear," the phantom sighed. "I fear this will not end well..."

"What? Why? What’s wrong?" Scooter said.

Uncle Deadly took in a deep breath of the air. "I’m so sorry," Uncle Deadly said softly. "They are all in grave danger.