Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
All I can say is it's about bloody time! It better come out in Aus. too.
Whatever they put on this set is fine by me so long as they include the first ever episode in its entirely.
I remember Fozzie Bear saying elsewhere that people from Sesame Workshop (and other production companies) read these forums so I guess our suggestions will be taken into consideration by the powers that be at SW.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MJTaylor said:
All I can say is it's about bloody time! It better come out in Aus. too.
Whatever they put on this set is fine by me so long as they include the first ever episode in its entirely.
I remember Fozzie Bear saying elsewhere that people from Sesame Workshop (and other production companies) read these forums so I guess our suggestions will be taken into consideration by the powers that be at SW.
Whether or not the people in charge read these forums does not mean that we will get exactly what we want. After all, the people at palisades read this forum diuring the time that the Muppet action figures were in production, and while several suggestions were taken, there were also a lot of things (both figure-wise and accessory-wise) that fans asked for that were not made.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
If any existing specials get included as features, I think that the following specials would be best to include as a feature:

Julie on Sesame Street
Out to Lunch
The Grover Monster/ Jean Marsh Cartoon Special
Sesame Street at Night?
A Special Sesame Street Christmas
A Walking Tour of Sesame Street
Sing: The Songs of Joe Raposo
Sesame Street Unpaved
Almost all the songs from Julie On Sesame are copyrighted. So that would be hard but the Out To Lunch would be great along with A Walking Tour of Sesame Street for at least the first box set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say I'd rather see more muppet and Animated segments than any boring filmed sketches about picking green beans, or flowers in the rain with classical music. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:sleep:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought of a somewhat clever way to arrange the set. Let me know what you think of this arrangemnt:

Disc 1: Complete Shows (2-4 complete, uncut hour-long episodes, maybe they can be the first four season premiers. Of course, that could allow the disc to be called "The start of the seasons")
Disc 2: The Best of the Street Stories (8-12 episodes edited to only include the street segments, and possibly some inserts that are vital/ connected to the episodes in some way)
Disc 3: The Best of the Inserts (2-4 hours of non-stop inserts)
Disc 4: Bonus Features (the title speaks for itself)

DTWolf

Reaction score
ONE: Initially my response was that I want complete episodes only, but reading this thread has swayed me to the idea of having some complete episodes PLUS individual segments by theme--since there's so much we all want to see, and no way in the imaginable future we'll be getting complete seasons. I hate taking skits out of context, but--lots of them were repeated in new contexts anyway, and if they're not pulled out of episodes they may never make it to DVD.

TWO: Somewhere in this thread, like page 3 or so, there were comments about getting permission to release celebrity appearances on disk. Am I just being naive to think that celebrities would've waived all rights to down-the-road royalties/permissions when they agreed to be on the show? The way I hear it, celebrities were practically begging to get on Sesame Street. It's not like CTW went out and pleaded with them, "We'll give you this and this if you'll just be on the show!" And it was an educational program on a publically-owned network, a not-for-profit venture. Surely these appearances were something akin to charity in most cases?

Music rights are one thing, but walking on stage and talking to a Muppet is something else entirely.

rollingchild

Reaction score
Live Action: The Count Counts 4 Kids On A Yellow Tumbling Mat on DVD

I would like to have the Sesame Street Skit, the Count Counts 4 Kids On A Yellow Tumbling Mat (as seen on Sesame Street Episode 1093) on Classic Sesame coming to DVD October 2006 because I like gymnastics via rolling on the tumbling mat. I currently have a copy of the Count Counts 4 Kids On A Yellow Tumbling Mat on VHS taped from Noggin for personal use from Sesame Street Episode 1093 Hawaii Day. In addition, I would like to have The Count Counts Dancing Kids on that, DVD too.

David Ho
rollingchild

MJTaylor

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Whether or not the people in charge read these forums does not mean that we will get exactly what we want. After all, the people at palisades read this forum diuring the time that the Muppet action figures were in production, and while several suggestions were taken, there were also a lot of things (both figure-wise and accessory-wise) that fans asked for that were not made.
That may be so Minor Muppetz, but my point was that at least if the folks at SW read this forums they would know what we want and consider our ideas. As I have said before, I really hope that episode 1 appears in its uncut glory, but I must say, the other people who have posted on this thread certainly have some good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.