Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have recently though of an idea. I am not sure if it would work or how good the idea is, but after this set get's released and we all know what's on it and how it is presented (as in whether there are full episodes or just classic clips, or both, or even if there are special features) we should make a list of what we'd most like to see on volume two (if there is one). The forty most-wanted skits could be counted and a list could be sent to Sesame Workshop and/ or Sony Wonder (with a link to this board to show that the votes really did come from more than just one person). If the sets include actual episodes, then we could send a list of the top 10 (or however many are included on the first set) episodes we'd most like to see included. If there are features we could lsit features we'd like and then list the top number of features (depending on the number of features included on the first set) most people asked for. I am not sure if it would be too late to do this for the first set (October is just four months away, and a lot of legal work was probably done before the set was announced).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Hey gtejeda... I'd be interested in knowing which character you portrayed. You can contact me via the forum's mailer.
Hope to hear from you soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey. Trying to see if he can help with the names of the actors who portrayed María's family.

Grover

Reaction score
When they release the Nostalgia set they should devote the first two discs to complete unaltered episodes. The third disc just featuring skits with the muppets. The last disc should be for bonus features.

When they release the Nostalgia set, like Warner Brothers they release "The Golden Age of Looney Tunes" after that they sell this "Spotlight Collection" featuring cartoons from the last two discs. What Sesame Workshop could do is release two discs featuring discs with The Muppets. That way fans can certain skits. This is a much efficent way instead of releasing episodes featuring that paticular skit no segments get repeated. Here is what I am thinking of. I'll post more ideas later:

THE BEST OF THE DUOS
  1. Ernie eats Bert's Cookies.
  2. Ernie puts The Radio Knob on Bert.
  3. Cookie Monster and Ernie: Match Cookies.
  4. Ernie Borrow's Herbert Birdsfoot Vacum Cleaner.
  5. Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot: Over and Under.
  6. Kermit and Grover: Heavy and Light.
  7. Caveman Days: Grover Invents The Wheel
  8. Kermit and Grover: Long and Short.
  9. The Count and Cookie Monster Count and Eat Cookies.
  10. Ernie and Cookie Monster : Which is Which?
  11. Grover The Waiter: Simon Soundman.
  12. Kermit Demonstrate Begining, Middle, and End with a Cook book.
  13. Ernie and Lefty: Stop Sign.
  14. Kermit and Grover: Build a Snowman.
  15. Ernie and Bert Meet the Count.

Grover

Reaction score
I am thinking there should be Audio Commentary on the following episodes.

First Season Premeire : Frank Oz,Carrol Spinney,Bob McGarth,Loretta Long,and Jane Henson.

Second Season Preimere: Jerry Nelson, Carol Spinney, and Bob McGrath.

Third Season Preimere: Sonia Manzano, Bob Mc Grath, Loretta Long, Emilio Delgado , Frank Oz, Carrol Spinney and Jerry Nelson.

Sixth Season Premiere: Roscoe Orman,, Bob Mc Grath, Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Caroll Spinney, and Jerry Nelson.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Grover said:
I am thinking there should be Audio Commentary on the following episodes.

First Season Premeire : Frank Oz,Carrol Spinney,Bob McGarth,Loretta Long,and Jane Henson.

Second Season Preimere: Jerry Nelson, Carol Spinney, and Bob McGrath.

Third Season Preimere: Sonia Manzano, Bob Mc Grath, Loretta Long, Emilio Delgado , Frank Oz, Carrol Spinney and Jerry Nelson.

Sixth Season Premiere: Roscoe Orman,, Bob Mc Grath, Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Caroll Spinney, and Jerry Nelson.
Now that would be cool. I would love to see some AC on these DVDs. I would surely buy them.

Muppetsrock

Reaction score
Classic Sesame

Hi gang!
this is great i haveen't seen a classic episode of Sesame Street since i was 3 yrs old now i am almost 40 this would be great for my 6 yr old nice she likes Elmo but wait 'til she sees these episodes without the furry red guy shes going to be really surprised. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.