One Little Star.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, I'm honored! You asked me to look after everyone! I'll do my best, but I might have to split up Kyle and the monsters. You know what trouble they cause! :wink: Seriously though, this is such a nice story, I'm looking forward to more. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a story of my own to update before everyone starts running after me with sticks and chanting!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I have a story of my own to update before everyone starts running after me with sticks and chanting!
You mean we haven't yet? Dang it, I'm lying down on the job!

Anyway, Ed, great chapter! Now what is it that you, Count, and Prairie are up to, hmmmm? I can't wait to see. MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
More? Maybe later.
And Beth... The monsters aren't there, at least not Kyle's roomies... Per Bry's suggestion, you'll have to wait till the ending to find out where they are and what Prairie, the Count and I are planning.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Count said:
More? Maybe later.
And Beth... The monsters aren't there, at least not Kyle's roomies... Per Bry's suggestion, you'll have to wait till the ending to find out where they are and what Prairie, the Count and I are planning.
Yeah, I realized that after I posted it, but that's ok. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 13...

The curtains opened up revealing the Muppet Labs playset onstage, the clock Phil van Neuter gave them resting up against the top wall next to the enlargened chamber pot.
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew: "Hello and welcome to Muppet Labs, where we bring you tomorrow today. Today we've broken exciting new ground in the field of color-changing plastics. My faithful lab assistant Beaker will now help me demonstrate..."
The figure of Bunsen swiveled his head to look at the oncoming figure of Beaker in his everyday labcoat, hauling a crate behind him.
Bunsen: Are you ready Beakie?"
Beaker: "Meep meep."
Bunsen: "Splendid... Now, those of you who remember, our last brake-through experiment were magnetic carrots. The only problem was they attracted steel rabbits."
With that the Steel Rabbit hopped out onto the labs set, jumping from one side to the other attempting to get to where the magnetic carrots were hidden unknowing there were none to be found.

Bunsen: "Moving on... My lab assistant Beaker here will help us show what fascinating new advances have been made in the field of colored plastics."
Beaker: "Meep?"
Bunsen: "Oh come on Beakie, don't be shy... My assistant has brought before you a figure cleverly named Vanishing Cream Beaker in its nice little box."
Beaker pushed the crate he was hauling out beside him into the spotlight, everyone able to see the figure inside.
Bunsen: "As you may notice, this Beaker figure's upper body has had some of our own patent-pending Muppet Labs vanishing cream applied to it. But the true marvel is what happens when we soak the figure in a solution of that same cream as prepared in the boiler chamber behind me."
Bunsen motioned his arms to the chamber located in the rear center, with all the pipes running out from it.
Bunsen: "Time lapse me, Beaker."
Beaker stretched his arms up to move the hands of the clock without tipping it over.
Bunsen: "Now, my lab assistant will remove the figure already sitting inside the vat and we'll see the benefits science has to offer us."
Beaker then moved to the back of the laboratory, hoisting a fully invisible figure of himself from out of the boiler.
Bunsen: "Yes... Here we now have a fully perfected Invisible Beaker. Isn't science wonderful? Oh Beaker, be careful not to fall in..."
No sooner had he said that, then the hapless lab assistant fell into the chamber himself. Beaker's cries of "Meep!" were heard quite audibly before Bunsen could rescue a second Invisible Beaker from the machinery.
Bunsen: "Tsk, tsk, tsk... Come now Beakie, we'd better get the unvanishing cream ready..."
The two scientists simply strode off-stage bringing their sketch to a halt, marked by the applause from the audience.

The camera then shifted upwards to a makeshift balcony set Ed had borrowed from one of his online friends and entrusted to Kermit.
Waldorf, sitting in his armchair: "Do you have faith in modern medicine?"
Statler: "I have to... They'll find a cure for what ails me yet."
Waldorf: "Mmmm? What's making you ill?"
Statler: "This show!"
Both then laughed as the scene ended.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Vanishing cream. Wow, that's some good stuff. And yet this chapter was humorous too! Love the nods to Statler and Waldorf at the end!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is really awesome, Ed. I'm really loving it. It was so funny with the vanishing cream Beakers and all.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh good... Hope I got your lines with Prairie OK, just going off on what I hear round the dorms sometimes.
Song number's next, me thinks that'd be the end of the first act.

BEAR

Reaction score
Bry: Nice chapter! I can't wait for more, Ed!
Telly: i hope Super Grover will be okay!
Big Bird: Gee, me too! Read more, Bryan.
Bry: Big Bird, there isn't any more to read right now until Ed posts it.
Big Bird: Oh.
Bry: Take your time, Ed. But not too much! We're anxious!!:smile: