Open Source Puppetry Project

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm no expert either. :smile: Simple is good. Especially if the idea is to film them outside somewhere. Easier to transport a simple puppet.

Can we come up with a funnier name than Omega Company?
I actually thought Omega Company was funny. A serious sounding name for a group of goof ups.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a name?

Trekkie Monster

Reaction score
what about ssabmud corp, if we are going with the idea that these characters are the lower end of the spectrum mental capacity wise....(check what it is backwards)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
MGov said:
Can we come up with a funnier name than Omega Company?
Hey how about shorten the omega comapany to The O.C..... wait just a second ... never mind :frown:

Seriously though how about an abreviation like OmCO or something...or we could blend it and call them the Omegco......

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I must of killed the mood making jokes about FOX dramas....:frown:

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Recap and a BUMP!

So to recap:

From what I understand, we've got a team of inept invaders scouting out different things and learning about the culture so they can take over the Earth. They report back to a leader, Sargeant Sarcon (? Did we decide on this?), who is only slightly more able to lead than his underlings.

Sargeant Sarcon is their leader because of some faux pas involving a high-ranking dignitary, and is trying to get back in the High Command's good graces.

That's the back story.

The puppets are supposed to be Monsters--I would recommend vaguely humanoid shapes (a head and two arms) simply because of the difficulties puppeteering something more complex.

Items yet to be decided:
  1. The name of the group of Monsters--The Funderlings, Perhaps?
  2. The 'uniform' logo
  3. what the 'leader' puppet looks like
  4. logistical problems--who's going to host the videos, where they're going to be hosted, etc.

Lets get this thing going!!!:wink: :big_grin: :excited:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
SesameKermie said:
They report back to a leader, Sargeant Sarcon (? Did we decide on this?)
As Allen Ginsburg once said, "First Thought, Best Thought."

It's decided because someone said it.

Thanks for naming them the Funderlings!

Yes, let's get the show on the road.

If you haven't already, read this blog posting from Buck Beaver. He 'da man.

- Scraps

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
As for who's gonna upload all the videos, how about we set up some sort of a wiki arrangement? Only registered users can upload content . . .

We can make it "Omega Company Central Command Center." Each person's log in identity can be the name of their Funderling. To the casual observer, it will appear as if the Funderlings are operating the website.

In Fact . . . what if there's some crazy person who has "discovered" the Funderling Conspiracy. He's hacked their mainframe, and presents the "frightening truth" for all to see? Anyone want to be the human host for this thing? Maybe it should be a puppet human?

-- Scraps

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
. . . and another thing.

I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I say anyone who is willing to design the site and maintain it as webmaster can have first dibs on any possible merch revenues. The whole darn thing is open source, so anyone's free to open their own cafepress store, or whatever. But whoever designs the site and maintains it can have the "official" store.

(It sure as heck ain't gonna be me. I have plenty on my plate as it is.)

-- Scraps

P.S. To quote the Great Gonzo: "Come on! What's the matter with you people? Immortality is up for grabs!!!"

keithallison

Reaction score
I am a 'multimedia designer' at my day job... video editing (premiere, after effects), 3d graphics and animation (3d Studio Max 8)... DVD Authoring (adobe Encore)... 20 years graphic design experience... I have a Canon GL2 3ccd camcorder... owned a web design business from '95 to '02.. (HTML, flash, php) I try to make puppets and they're 'average or less than average'... so if there's anything I can do, I'm in. I can design characters, design sets... make virtual sets... design shirts and posters and what not fro a cafe press type store...

I just sold my main website and forum (that I grew from me to over 3500 members in 2 years with only 3 moderators)

How about instead of Omega Company, it's something like OMega Force Group (or OMFG to be more precise!)... every time something bad happens, they can shout O M F G!

anyhoo, let me know if I can be of assistance.

thanks
keith

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Great to see some activity here... again I am on board