Palisades Series 7 Official Line-up

What do you think of Palisades Series 7?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 7, but not all.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 7.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think that now the series has all started and people know about them, that just about any wave should be doing fine, because it's hard to find the figures when they're first released because they sell out so quickly. Of course, there's the few that are still hanging around from a few prior waves (like badly sculpted regular Piggy) and some from S.4 are still at Suncoast now...but in the beginning the pegs were staying empty.

Good thing I'm a geek who gets there first!

FOZ

rexcrk

Reaction score
I chose the second option. I might get all of 'em, but I'm not sure. I'm definitley getting Kermit as Captain Smollet w/ Polly Lobster (I love MTI!) and I'll most likely get Johnny and Robin as Frog Scout, and probably Beauregard too :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
It's interesting to see who's a peg warmer and who isn't

both Piggy figures were pegwarmers, kermit stuck around a little longer then the Dr's as well did the lab, but Piggy was the big pig pegwarmer and some are still warming those same pegs this very second!LOL!

series two, Crazy Harry, he stuck around the longest, but he finaily sold. i also think Dardevil Gonzo stuck around long two or might still be around, I don't think EB games will every have another Muppet EX figure again, seeing a lot of stores don't carry the figs anymore, the main way to buy them is on-line.

Series 3...LEW ZEALAND! sheesh there are like four or five of them still on pegs at my local Media Play, they have one Scooter and a Blue Vacation Fozzie.

Series 4, well they all sold out at first but Media play has a stock of Sam's Links and Strange Porks now! Rizzo was the big seller, with time Link and Stange pork might still be around when the PIS set come out, maybe they will sell then? and MTI Sam might be waiting for MTI Kermit! sheesh!

Ofcoure it could be diffrent in other peoples town's which figs are warming your local action figure stores pegs?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My experience is that the Muppets Figures are moving faster than other figures are, including anything Star Wars or Star Trek. Based on what I see at the Suncoast store here, even Clerks figures or--really anything--stays around longer than Muppets do.

There's no more of S.1-3 anywhere that I can find, except maybe at Toys R Us with a few Piggys and Bunsens (no Kermits or Labsets to match them with). Wait, Suncoast has a few of S.3 there, but I don't think any toyline really sells completely out when seconds have been ordered by the stores--right? It takes a while for a series to totally disappear.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
My experience is that the Muppets Figures are moving faster than other figures are, including anything Star Wars or Star Trek. Based on what I see at the Suncoast store here, even Clerks figures or--really anything--stays around longer than Muppets do.
It really depends on where you live and where you are going to buy the figures - some smaller stores just order one case while another might order five. Say if they got four cases of series one, and were left with a lot behind then they might have just got two cases of series two and that might be why you noticed them moving faster - or you might just have a lot more people into action figures and pop culture in your city so maybe they are really popular and selling out like hot cakes. They are certainly produced in smaller quantities than say Star Wars but then the amount of Star Wars fans compared to Muppets should just about balance it out really.

Another factor is what you said earlier about "I think that now the series has all started and people know about them" - the thing is that outside websites like these and toy collector magazines people don't really know about them at all. 75% of the people buying the figures are the hardcore fans and toy collectors but the marketing to casual fans and normal shop browsers hasn't even been 25% of what they do to attract people like us. Someone outside of the fanbase buying a figure at Target or Suncoast is dependant on them seeing the figures in store and being attracted enough to buy rather than them knowing in advance the figures are there and going to buy them. Palisades need in store launches, mainstream advertising, TV appearances etc etc but they can't afford them and to be honest it's not worth it anyway without a big Muppet TV show on air because it would only have a limited impact. It's great the figures make it into mainstream stores but y'know - more awareness = greater sales = greater order quantities = greater profits for Palisades = line expanding = license getting renewed = more Muppet stuff for us in the future.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
but y'know - more awareness = greater sales = greater order quantities = greater profits for Palisades = line expanding = license getting renewed = more Muppet stuff for us in the future.
You're right. I keep telling everyone about them, and have actually got some folks turned on to buying them. Since they started, I'm using a word of mouth campaign to get them sold because of the equation you listed above.

Word of mouth works very well, though seeing it in print would be better. Dunno how the tv commercials would go, though we did a thread about that a long time ago and were making up scripts of Muppets playing with themselves or each other...as action figures I mean and...nevermind...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You have to disregard series 1 in terms of the shelf warmer ratio because there were twice as many Kermits and Piggys than anyone else. You could end up saying that Kermit was the highest seller in the end because there were so darn many of them in all. Plus, you had the EB Piggy to top it off. There was Piggy overload. I'm sure evenly packed Piggy would have lingered longer than the rest, but there are many factors that figure into her being the warmer. It's not just popularity.

In my local stores, Gonzo sold like crazy. Regular Floyd lingered a bit longer than the rest. Lew lingered in 3 and I haven't looked out for 4. Got them online. Stores have made me impatient. They know less about their product and shipment dates than we do. LOL!

One thing that I am very surprised about is Janice. The Janice repaint has been available at EB online longer than any other repaint. It might just be the girl factor, but I didn't think that would matter with Janice. Maybe they've really stocked up. I just found it shocking. She's a fantastic figure and I favor the repaint even more than the regular. :flirt:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
It is a myth that girl figures sell well. Perpetuated by a tradition of feminine figure short-packing. At least that has been my experience.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Plus with the line being so new and all nobody knew about them (series 1) I guess Pig figures don't sell either, maybe if Piggy was place with the girl toys she'd sell better? just kidding! She belongs with the rest!

Gosh but there is still a whole un-touched set of Lew Zealand' at Media Play.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't think Janice should really be in that girl category because she's such a beloved band member. Maybe that's just my Muppet fan glasses, but she has such a coolness. That repaint is excellent too. :flirt: