Paris Hilton Released?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"Fame is not the goal. Money is not the goal."

George Harrison :smile:

Well what bugs me about Wife Swap is that it's the same thing nearly every episode. The somewhat liberal family swap with the somewhat conservative family. In the end, the conservative family has changed somehow. But the liberal family rejoices in having been right all along. Uh yeah, bias much? Heh (I'm independent btw).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
LOL, that pretty funny! Oh well. :smirk: Yeah, but the name just gives viewers the impression that "swapping wives" means a whole nothing thing in itself. My mom was talking about how disgusting it sounded before it first came on. But when you actually watch it, it's noting like it sounds.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess the whole fuss was the way that we get treated vs the way the rich get treated. That's why people were ticked when she got let out. Because they thought that there were 2 sets of laws. One for us, and one for the rich and/or famous.
Not to mention she's a thin blonde white girl... we have a culture that worships those kind of girls.... even though she ain't pretty.... Now Heather Locklear.... she's hot....

I don't wanna talk about what kinda girls I like, but if I ran the world a certain weird sort of girl would get away with MURDER....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Okay, I can't stop talking about it. lol! It's funny that when she first went to prison, she was trying to hide form the media attention, but when the was freed, all of the sudden, she wanted to be the center a attention again and seem to not mind it at all. I wonder how she might feel it she actually does turn from her current behaviour and the attention suddenly stops. Or say she does learn her lesson and they grow tired of here that the attention that she's been getting all of a sudden comes to an end. But only the future could tell how that might play out. Would she do something else not so positive for a desperate plea for attention? Would they call her a wanna be and the next up and coming party goer the real thing? Because now there are just a lot of wannabes, LOL!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
LOL, that pretty funny! Oh well. :smirk: Yeah, but the name just gives viewers the impression that "swapping wives" means a whole nothing thing in itself. My mom was talking about how disgusting it sounded before it first came on. But when you actually watch it, it's noting like it sounds.
True, it sounds like a joke husbands are always accused of making. "You want to swap wives?" Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to mention she's a thin blonde white girl... we have a culture that worships those kind of girls.... even though she ain't pretty
Well duh, Paris Hilton is just about one of the ugliest girls on this planet!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
True, it sounds like a joke husbands are always accused of making. "You want to swap wives?" Lol
Sure does. Like the Grass it greener on the other side only to find out they every couple has their littler quarks and problems because nobody has the perfect the perfect marriage when you look at in from the stand point of the Ideal one.

if I ran the world a certain weird sort of girl would get away with MURDER....
Ha! That's interesting to know and funny, too!:stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like the Grass it greener on the other side only to find out they every couple has their littler quarks and problems because nobody has the perfect the perfect marriage when you look at in from the stand point of the Ideal one.
Yeah I mean, that's what the show should be about. That would actually be a nice message. But instead they consistently say the conservatives need help from the liberals. Now if you want to think that, that's fine lol. But I'd prefer some balance. :attitude: :sing:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well duh, Paris Hilton is just about one of the ugliest girls on this planet!
You know, I think comments like that one come from a much deeper physiological underlying then what's on the surface. It's like a case of extreme animosity or something. The fact that she's rich for not much of any reason only increases the hostility that you have for her than if she wasn't rich and famous at all, because if she were not, you most likely would not be making fun of her physical appearance in the manor in witch you have chosen.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah I mean, that's what the show should be about. That would actually be a nice message. But instead they consistently say the conservatives need help from the liberals. Now if you want to think that, that's fine lol. But I'd prefer some balance. :attitude: :sing:
You right. It would be nice if a show actually had a good or positive message insteand on an opinoated one.:stick_out_tongue: