Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh NO! Red!!! With a Fraglet on the way...and...oh NO!!!!!!!! Gobo's gotta go and find her and QUICK!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw man... I'm rully feeling for Gobo, keeps putting his foot in it... And of course, imprudent little Red just goes off in search of Mokey. But where will she find her best friend? Hope we find out soon, this story's getting good.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I've realized I've left this on quite a cliffhanger....but unfortunately I probably won't get to it until Monday. I do intend to at least get a couple of chapters up next week, but with my wedding next weekend, things are starting to get crazy and I won't be on MC as much as usual over the next week or so. I know, excuses, excuses. I thought I'd crank this whole thing out before next weekend, but that's probably not going to happen. So, bear with me and know that I do intend to keep writing and eventually finish this one! Thanks everyone!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's an update! I hope to get at least one more up this week! Sorry it's kind of short, it's kind of a plotbuilder chapter.

Chapter Eight

Red walked along through the caves and caverns of Fraggle Rock with a pack on her back. Gobo just didn’t understand so she decided she would just do this alone.

“I’m on a mission. If he doesn’t understand that, it’s just fine. I’m not angry with him though, it’s just what I have to do. He’ll see, I’ll find Mokey and bring her back with me,” said Red out loud to no one in particular.

She decided to start in one very special place. Remembering the words that the Trash Heap had said, to look inside her heart, there was one place she thought of first.

She stepped through the hole that led to a basement. She sneezed.

“Boy, they must not come down here much anymore,” she thought as she fought through cobwebs and dust.

Upstairs an older gentleman sat in one rocker while an older bear sat in the other. A dog was at their feet.

“What do you think Jerome, we could make stew for dinner,” said Emily.

“That sounds lovely dear,” said Jerome, better known to the Fraggles as Doc.

Suddenly Sprocket jumped up and started barking madly and ran to the door that led to the basement.

“What’s going on over their boy?” asked Emily.

“Is there something down there?” asked Doc walking over to the door. Sprocket continued whining until Doc opened the door to reveal Red standing before them.

“Red Fraggle! What brings you here?” asked Doc.

“It’s a long story,” said Red.

“Well come on in and tell us dear!” exclaimed Emily.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo was panicked. He should have listened to his wife in the first place and now it was too late and she was gone.

“Gosh Red, why are you so headstrong!” muttered Gobo as he tried to think of what to do.

He paced back and forth for a moment and then realized he needed to gather up his friends. He went back to Wembley and Lou’s.

“Hey Gobo, is everything ok now?” asked Lou who was feeding Artie a bottle.

“No. She’s gone,” said Gobo.

“Gone! What do you mean gone? Oh no, this is horrible!” exclaimed Wembley.

“Hush dear. Now, where do you think she went? Maybe she just needed to cool off,” said Lou.

“I don’t think so. This is Red we’re talking about,” said Gobo.

“You’re right. Do you think she went out after Mokey?” asked Lou.

“Yeah, I think she did,” said Gobo.

“She went after Mokey? Oh no! We’ll never find her! What do we do now?” Wembley continued to wemble.

“Wembley, dear, you’re really not helping,” said Lou.

“It’s ok, I’m worried too! She’s carrying a Fraglet and who knows where she went. What am I going to do?” said Gobo. He was beginning to pace in circles with his best friend.

At that moment Boober happened to be walking by outside the cave.

“Boober! Have you heard any word from Mokey?” asked Gobo almost knocking him over.

“No I haven’t and I don’t expect to. Why?” asked Boober bitterly.

“Because I think Red went after her,” said Gobo.

“Oh no,” said Boober softening a little and following Gobo into the cave.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“So, I came here, because this is where we all got married, in this farmhouse. I thought maybe this is where Mokey would come. I guess I was wrong,” said Red as she finished her story to Doc and Emily.

“I’m sorry we haven’t seen her. Maybe she went to that special cavern you talked about where Fraggles profess their love for each other,” said Doc.

“The Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies! Maybe you’re right! I’ll check there,” said Red.

“You can also pop in on the theatre and see if my son and his friends have seen her,” said Emily. A fraggle hole had been discovered in this cavern that led to the Muppet Theatre.

“Yeah! Maybe she went there! That’s where I went when I ran away, so maybe you’re right!” exclaimed Red. She was feeling hopeful.

“Good luck with your search,” said Doc.

“Thanks guys,” said Red and turned to leave.

“Red. You be careful out there. Just remember it’s not just you anymore,” said Emily.

“Oh yeah, I will,” said Red softly. She had kind of forgotten about her Fraglet. She turned back and waved and then headed back down to the Rock.

“I’m sure Mokey went to the Cavern. She had to!” thought Red as she climbed back through the hole.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“I’m sorry Red ran after Mokey, but I don’t think there’s anything we can do,” said Boober after following Gobo inside the cave.

“I don’t believe you Boober. Mokey is your wife and you just let her run off. Why didn’t you try to stop her?” asked Gobo angrily.

“Do you think I didn’t try to stop her? I pleaded with her and begged her not to go! Then when I decided I couldn’t try and talk her out of not going I tried to convince her to at least tell me where she was going. She wouldn’t tell me all right? I did everything I could!” burst out Boober and began shaking.

It was quiet in the room.

“I’m so sorry. I’m just worried about Red; I shouldn’t have taken it out on you. It’s not your fault,” said Gobo.

“It’s ok. I do feel like it’s my fault though. I couldn’t find anything to save our daughter and now Mokey’s gone,” said Boober sadly and turned to leave.

“Boober wait! It’s not your fault! What happened to Sunny just happened! We all thought Mokey was doing fine with her grief, but she wasn’t! None of us saw this coming. But now we need to try and find both her and Red,” said Lou.

“I think you’re right. I should’ve tried to go after her. I miss her so much,” said Boober and softly started to cry.

Gobo, Lou and Wembley went over and gave him a much needed hug.

“We’re going to find her and Red too,” said Gobo.

“How?” asked Boober.

“Well, I know that my wife went and talked with Madame Heap, so I guess I have to go pay her a visit myself,” said Gobo.

“Do you want us to go with you?” asked Wembley.

“Nope, I’ll be back and then we’ll start a search party. We’re going to find them guys,” said Gobo and turned to leave.

“Do you think he’s right?” asked Boober softly after Gobo had left.

“He’s bound and determined. Why do you think he married Red?” asked Lou.

The three of them chuckled and sat down to wait for their friend and for further instructions.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*squeals* Oh wow....Emily and Doc!! and you included them, and Emily telling Red it's not just her anymore!! Oh WOW!!!! *squeals again* I love it just so much, Beth!!! WOWOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Must echo Sara's sentiments... Including Doc and Emily, and the trappings of the discoveries from her story to your previous one... Really great and I hope we get more soon.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
My favorite line: “He’s bound and determined. Why do you think he married Red?” asked Lou.

<giggles>

MORE PLEASE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That was a short but great chapter, and I also loved that line! It's a bit strange seeing Doc with Emily, but of course that wasn't your idea, and I think it's very good of you to continue with Sarah's setup.
Hoping for more soon, but I understand how much you have to do. As I said in the other thread, I'm surprised you have time for this at all! Not only posting it, and everything else you post, but writing it! What effert!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Story is on hiatus until I get back next week! I promise to update it as soon as I get back! Love you all!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... And here we were looking forward to at least a second chapter posted this week... Just have fun, congrats and enjoy yourself on Saturday.