Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Beth... Now that you're back, do you plan on continuing the story? Please post more whenever you can.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Coming soon! Promise! Gotta get caught up on some stuff first, but I'm hoping to get to it this afternoon! :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's a Muppet Newsflash....

Update - still getting caught up after being gone and then you throw in the job offer I received today and I'm just all crazed again! I've got the ideas in my head for like the next three chapters, I just don't have the time to type them up! Anyway, it is coming soon, I promise, I am NOT going to neglect this story! So, bear with me, I promise more will be here in the next couple of days. Thanks, that is all. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Nine:

Red wandered through the twists and turns and caverns of Fraggle Rock. She carefully made her way to the magical Cavern of the Sparkling Lilies.

The Cavern certainly was living up to its name this day. The lilies were in full bloom and more beautiful than ever. Red smiled as she remembered why Fraggles came to this place and how she had so desperately tried to avoid. It really hadn’t been all that long ago.

“Mokey?” she called out as she walked around the beautiful flowers. She came to the creek. Surely Mokey would’ve come here to paint.

“Hello? Mokey?” Red asked again. She searched and searched and it became clear to her that her friend was no where in this cave. Red sighed when she realized she would have to look in other places and decided to go through yet another tunnel that would take her to some other special friends.

“Mokey had better realize how true my friendship is,” muttered Red as she began to head down the tunnel toward the light.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo headed out to the Gorg’s Garden and ran to the Trash Heap.

“Hey, where’s the fire?” asked Philo when Gobo arrived.

“Yeah you need to chill out,” said Gunge.

“Guys, I’m not in the mood, I need to speak with the Trash Heap. It’s urgent,” said Gobo.

“Oh all right,” said Philo.

“You are now in the presence of the all knowing,” said Gunge.

“All seeing Trash Heap, I get it, I’ve been coming here forever, get on with it,” interrupted Gobo.

“Touchy, touchy,” said Philo.

Just then the Trash Heap came up from the ground.

“Who is making all this fuss? Oh, it’s Gobo. What can I do for you Gobo, you sound distressed,” said the Trash Heap.

“I am extremely distressed Madame Heap. You told my wife to go look for Mokey!” said Gobo.

“Mokey is going to need her, it is important that she finds her!” said the Trash Heap.

“But she’s carrying a Fraglet! I don’t think it’s safe!” exclaimed Gobo.

“Your wife is very strong, she’ll be just fine. I’m worried about her friend though. It’s not good that she pushed you all aside and ran away. She needs to be found,” said the Trash Heap.

“Well, where do you think she went?” asked Gobo.

“I told your wife to look inside her heart and then she would know the answer. You should do the same,” said the Trash Heap and began to sink to the ground.

Philo and Gunge looked at Gobo and started to say their famous “Trash Heap has spoken line” but didn’t after seeing Gobo’s glare.

“That’s great. Look inside my heart? That is not going to help me!” grumbled Gobo and stormed back to Fraggle Rock.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Red made her way through the tunnel and found herself backstage of a busy, bustling theatre.

“Oh Hilda? Moi needs you to take an insy winsy amount of fabric out of this dress,” said one voice running by.

“Floyd, you all tuned up man?” said another.

“TUNE UP! TUNE UP!” yelled yet another.

Most would be frazzled or even frightened by the scene unfolding before them, but Red just smiled and sat back to watch a little bit. She always got a kick out of the Muppet Theatre.

“Hey Red! What are you doing here?” came a young voice coming up beside her.

“Oh hi Robin. I’m looking for someone. Is your uncle around?” asked Red.

“Yeah, I’m sure he’s someplace. We’re getting ready for a show!” said Robin.

“I can tell. I like sitting back and watching all the chaos,” said Red.

“I know, it’s pretty funny sometimes. I’ll go find Uncle Kermit,” said Robin.

“Thanks,” said Red. She always felt so welcomed and comfortable here. It could be because it was the place where she and Gobo finally confessed love for one another. Either way, she really hoped that maybe Mokey felt comfortable here as well and was hiding someplace or had at least been through here.

“Hey Red!” came another soft female voice approaching her.

“Oh, hey Sara! How are you?” asked Red.

“Well, Scooter and I are celebrating some big news,” said Sara.

“Really? What’s that?” asked Red.

“We’re having a baby!” said Sara and smiled.

“Oh my gosh! Me too!” said Red. The two of them giggled like girls for awhile and compared notes. Red had met Sara when she had run away, Sara had just started dating Scooter then and was living with Doc’s niece Amy. Red had spent a night with Sara and Amy and had become very close friends with them. She was very happy to hear that Sara and Scooter had married.

Finally Kermit came up behind them and interrupted their conversation.

“Hey Red, Robin said you’re here looking for someone,” said Kermit.

“Yeah, I’m looking for Mokey actually. Have you seen her?” asked Red.

“No, I don’t think I have,” said Kermit.

“Oh, ok,” said Red and then suddenly burst into tears.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gobo returned to Wembley and Lou’s cave.

“The Trash Heap doesn’t really know anything. She said we should look inside our hearts and then we’ll find Mokey,” said Gobo.

“Well, what about where we all got married? That is a place that would probably mean something to her,” said Lou.

“That’s true. Well, it’s a place to start right?” said Gobo.

Gobo gathered up a bunch of things to put in a bag.

“Come on Boober and Wembley, you’re going with me. If we don’t find Mokey at the Farmhouse we’re going to have to go on an adventure,” said Gobo.

“Outer Space? It’s so germ infested,” said Boober.

“Do you want to find your wife or not?” asked Gobo.

“All right, I’m in,” said Boober.

“I should stay here with Lou and Artie, they need me,” said Wembley.

“Don’t be silly, go with Gobo, we’ll be fine,” said Lou.

“Well, ok, but if I see anything scary I’m coming back,” said Wembley.

Boober went home to get a backpack of his own while Lou started to fill one for Wembley.

“I’m packing some extra shirts, some socks, although you don’t wear them, a paper bag for your panic attacks, some snacks and hmm, what else,” said Lou as she filled the bag.

“We’ll be fine, he doesn’t need all of that stuff,” said Gobo.

“I know, but this is Wembley we’re talking about, he needs to be prepared,” said Lou.

“You’re probably right,” laughed Gobo.

Boober returned with bag in tow. All three guys put the packs on their back. Wembley gave Lou a kiss and patted Artie on the head.

“All right, let’s go find our wives,” said Gobo.

“Right!” said Boober and Wembley.

Lou stood in the door with Artie and waved goodbye until she could no longer see them.

“I hope they find them real soon,” she said to Artie as she turned to walk back into the cave.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Hee, I know a couple of someones who'll probably squeal when they read this... Ah, chaos at the Muppet Theater, would we have it any other way?
And I found the part with Lou packing Wembley's pack funny... Reminded me for a moment of the part in Toy Story 2 where Mrs. Potato Head's packing the backpack, along with the outtakes they show at the end.
Hope they find Mokey and Red soon though...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Count said:
And I found the part with Lou packing Wembley's pack funny... Reminded me for a moment of the part in Toy Story 2 where Mrs. Potato Head's packing the backpack, along with the outtakes they show at the end.
Yes! That was what I was going for! I had that scene playing in my mind while I was writing it and I just had to put it in here. I'm glad you noticed it!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*re-reads chapter, then faints*

*wakes up with a jolt, and is squeezing her Scooter doll so tightly she may pop his stitching*

OH MY GOODNESS SISSY!!!!!! AHH!!! Me, and Scooter, and Red trying to find Mokey! Oh, she cried...and...we're having a baby!! AND OH MY GOODNESS!!! A BABY!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
*re-reads chapter, then faints*

*wakes up with a jolt, and is squeezing her Scooter doll so tightly she may pop his stitching*

OH MY GOODNESS SISSY!!!!!! AHH!!! Me, and Scooter, and Red trying to find Mokey! Oh, she cried...and...we're having a baby!! AND OH MY GOODNESS!!! A BABY!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!
LOL. Your funny Sara. Don't squeeze that doll so tight! You'll rip him!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Is very happy to have seen Robin>

I love how Gobo was so frustrated with the Trash Heap, and how he sort of talked back to Philo and Gunge. It really shows how upset he is, and how impatient he is to find Red!

It looks like the boys are going to be following Red's footsteps here, as Gobo did in the last story. Very fun. (Can I just say... after typing "flippersteps" so many times and so often, it feels really weird to type "footsteps." It just feels weird! I feel like I should say something else, like, "Fragglesteps" or something.) I'm really loving this story.

MORE PLEASE!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, and speaking of Flippersteps...
Great chapter Beth! You know, I've always thought of Philo and Gunge as priests, and disrespecting a priest!? Well, I suppose he can be forgiven for that, but his refusal to even consider the Trash Heap's words? For shame!
And more scenes from the Muppet Theater, yaaay! But you know, I had to smile at one thing. The idea that Mokey might have gone there! She needed to be alone for a while, to collect herself, and the theater is probably the worst place to do that! Lol.