Penguins now available for pre-sale

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The penguins are back up for pre-sell!!! :flirt: OMG rocks I ordered my two today and can't wait for them to get here!!!:big_grin: :excited:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Got them this time - took me about 15 goes to pay properly though! (if I end up with 30 penguins I don't know what I'll do!)

Big thanks for pointing this out theprawncracker - I had all but given up hope...

I'm very glad OMGCNFO stocked them after all - but I still think that it is a bit odd that when they are earmarked for a convention, you would have thought that they would just have sold the last few on the Palisades site.

With all that excitement I hope they realise they all realise how foolish it would be not to stock the monkey...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
With all that excitement I hope they realise they all realise how foolish it would be not to stock the monkey...
I've been in contact with OMG about the penguins and UD, and in my latest e-mail I asked them about their situation with Sal. Hopefully they'll reply soon...:big_grin:

Oh and Harvey, if you end up with 30 penguins I'd be happy to just take a few off you...:wink: :smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm back!

I talked to OMG about Sal via e-mail and asked them this:

theprawncracker said:
Do you have any intrest of taking the Sal figure as an exclusive? If so, have you asked Palisades if you can?
And they told me:

omgcnfo.com said:
Sal is a tough subject, It is harder then asking for permission and picking him up. We are not sure what his fate is at this point but rest assured we are looking into the future for more exclusives. So I can't give you much of an answer but I hope you can understand why.
Then I asked:

theprawncracker said:
I understand, but what; if you don't mind my asking; is so tough about obtaning him as an exclusive? Palisades seems to really want to sell him as an exclusive. (If you can't answer this I understand why)
They replyed:

omgcnfo.com said:
It is also a question of sales too. We have to make sure that we can get a product that has a higher "sell ability" factor then just the hardcore Muppet fans also. It is not that we do not want him; we have to see if there is a market outside the die hard fans. Palisades has still not given up on Sal and Ken Lilly says if it happens you will all be surprised. So that is where we are today....
And once more I asked:

theprawncracker said:
But doesn't the rapid sale of the penguins hint that a Sal figure would sell well?
And they replyed:

omgcnfo.com said:
As far as the sale of the penguins, the #'s that we would have to get with Sal would be staggering. It would be a ton more then the penguins.
So that's the standings of OMG and Sal so take it as you will...:smirk: :sympathy: :attitude:

mikealan

Reaction score
I never have got a change to order the penguins! Anybody have an idea where I might be able to get them now? OMG is currently closed out of them! :zany:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oh, (BADWORD.) I really wanted the penguins, too. I love the bit in MWoO where they all faint upon Kermit's head being ripped off.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey That Announcer and mikealan, OMG is still going to sell the left over penguins from SDCC on their website. So I'd be stalking omgcnfo.com the day after the show to see when the penguins pop up for sale.:big_grin:

Whatever

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Hey That Announcer and mikealan, OMG is still going to sell the left over penguins from SDCC on their website. So I'd be stalking omgcnfo.com the day after the show to see when the penguins pop up for sale.:big_grin:
So what day will be the day after the show? And how much are the penguins?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
July 18th is the day after the Con, but I just realized it's a five day con, so gettin penguins might be pretty tough...:sympathy: The penguins were sold for 10.25 on OMG.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh my, a 5 day convention? I doubt we will see the penguins again.