Penguins now available for pre-sale

beaker

Reaction score
Terrific, it was great seeing the Muppet news sites mentioning this on their front page(as if)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Slight correction to make. The original article stated that the Penguin 2-Pack will be OMGCNFO's con exclusive at SDCC 2005, and should any be left over afterwards then that remainder would be sold on the website. These'll probably go pretty quickly, but I have some hopes that there'll be a number available after the convention. Then again, what do I know, just trying to stay positive.

Oh, and Ryan (theprawncracker) glad to see someone else asked them about Sal and got further than I did. Asked them if they were interested in picking up Sal, got the line from Ken: If it were to happen, then you'll be pleasantly surprised." Holding out hope for Sal, but I'm prepared for either eventuality.
We were able to get my order in on Friday during the second pre-sale when I talked to them on the phone, even had a laugh when I pointed they misspelled "Florida" in the combo box for entering one's shipping info.

And to answer a few questions...
The Penguin 2-pack was priced at $10.25, which ended up as $17.15 for a single 2-pack for international shipping outside of the US.
The best thing is they said these babies that were set aside through the pre-sale purchases will be shipped out in mid-July before the con even starts. Those folks at OMGCNFO are a great bunch of guys, rully hoping Sal comes along in the second half of 2005 to finish off the collection.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well Count, I'm begining to think that if OMG doesn't pick up our stinky little monkey friend, then no one will.:cry: Unless Palisades decides that there's enough intrest to sell him via Palisades Direct.:sympathy:

beaker

Reaction score
The Count said:
The best thing is they said these babies that were set aside through the pre-sale purchases will be shipped out in mid-July before the con even starts. Those folks at OMGCNFO are a great bunch of guys, rully hoping Sal comes along in the second half of 2005 to finish off the collection.
Where is the link to prepurchase the penguins? I see no mention of it on their site(someone seriously needs to make them a better site too:smile: )

BEAR

Reaction score
This may sound kinda silly, but how well do you think the Muppet Penguins would go with the Sesame Street collection? I like the penguins but if I buy them I will plan to put them with the other Muppets. Would it be silly?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer a few questions...

1 Beaker, you won't find the link for the pre-sale of the Muppet Penguins any longer on OMGCNFO's site. The link to it, and the pre-sale for that matter, were both only for a limited time until they sold out all the stock they set aside from the entire run they had at their warehouse. The Penguins will be OMGCNFO's SDCC 2005 exclusive as a new vendor at the convention. But because that meant that not too many people from the forums would be able to go, they decided to open up a limited pre-sale for a smaller amount of Penguin packs. This first pre-sale ended on the night of 6/9 and due to the overwhelming response, they opened up a second pre-sale run on 6/10. Now, you'll have to go to SDCC and pick up a Penguin pack in person, ask someone who's going to get you one, or wait till after the con and see if there were enough leftover for sale on the website then.

2 Bear, the Muppet Penguins are really more in line with the Muppet line of figures Palisades made. If you visit my "Muppet Listings 15.0" thread in the Classic Muppets section of the forums, you'll notice two distinct entries for the Penguins. That's cause I've been told that there are two different groups of penguins in the Muppaverse: the Penguins from the Muppets, who can actually talk, and have long pointy bills; and the Penguins from SS, who can only squak and have shorter triangular beaks.
Hope this helps and have a great day guys.

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
Penguins

So, Is anyone going to SD that would like to pick me up a couple penguins? :halo: :embarrassed:

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
To answer a few questions...

2 Bear, the Muppet Penguins are really more in line with the Muppet line of figures Palisades made. If you visit my "Muppet Listings 15.0" thread in the Classic Muppets section of the forums, you'll notice two distinct entries for the Penguins. That's cause I've been told that there are two different groups of penguins in the Muppaverse: the Penguins from the Muppets, who can actually talk, and have long pointy bills; and the Penguins from SS, who can only squak and have shorter triangular beaks.
Hope this helps and have a great day guys.
Thanks, Count, for your imput. Actually, the Sesame Street Penguins have been known to talk. Just so you know.

beaker

Reaction score
As Pepe would say, unbelievable! So how in the heck did they sell out of preorders, if the news of this was not made known anymore? Looks like ebay will be the only way now. I just want one penguin...if anyone can part with one penguin, I have a proverbial museum of rare Muppet stuff to trade.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The news about the pre-sale for the Penguin packs was made known in time. If you look at the Palisades forums, and at the Action Figure section here, there were threads and posts made on 6/9 and 6/10 announcing the availability of the Penguins. It just so happens that they ran out of the pre-determined portion of their stock they set aside for pre-sales on Thursday, so much so that they decided to take another small portion of stock and open it up to a second pre-sale on Friday. If you go to the Tally 2 thread at Palisades, you'll see that over a hundred packs were sold through these pre-sale purchases.

As for getting a Penguin pack, talk to some of the people there on the Palisades forums, there are some who bought extras and are now stating that they could help others out if need be. Also talk to the people there to see who's going to sSDCC and can pick up an extra pack for you after working out some sort of deal.
Hope this helps you Beaker.