Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really hadn't heard of it either before I first saw the sketch as a child personally. But the funny thing is I came across it in a book of music for pianists where it had the well known mountain track verse and the verse about wandering by the stream that dances in the sun. I think the final verse about wandering until the day I die may have also been in it but I'm not certain.
Anyway what's really funny is that the verses did have the song's character in the standard singular but in the table of contents it was one of the few songs marked with an asterisk indicating that the arrangement contained optional duet or trio. I thought of the piggies as soon as I saw that.
I bet no other duet or trio version of the song that may have been produced was ever anything like the piggies trio version though. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Whoa, that's really cool that you found this song in that book of music! How awesome! I have all kinds of piano music around, too... that would've been so crazy to run across that song the way you did! :big_grin:

I love that it specifically states that it can be for a duo or a trio as well! Hehe, and I'd imagine you're darn right... our piggies sure are one of a kind singers, performers and climbers, aren't they? :wink: :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah they sure are.

I suppose if the evil goat hadn't done his dirty tricks the first chorus would have gone in logical sequence like this:
End: Val-de-ri
Leader: Val-de-ra
Middle: Val-de-ra
End: Val-de-ahahahahaha
Leader: Val-de-ri
Middle: Val-de-ra
All together: Our knapsacks on our backs.

And in the other two verses they probably intended to mix the sequence up a little bit taking cues for different patterns of order they may well have practiced together before they decided to begin their climb.

But the goat or goats sure quickly whittled their harmonius singing down didn't they? :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Another little bump so my last post is easily noticeable. :wink:

At least for a little while. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Thank you for the bump, Marty! :big_grin: Just not too hard, ya know... :wink:

That would've been a very cute ending for the first part! And I'll bet you're right that they would've ended it like that. Would've been interesting to hear their different little endings! Hehe, "whittled"... I like that word. And you're darn right. Hey, we got to see some completely different kinds of endings for them! :wink:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
This post is here to bump us up to page 90. Thanks for sharing that stuff with us BBG! God Bless You All!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Great clip, Marty! WHat is it about muppets climbing moutins and goats scaring then off?

By the way, I have heard 'The Happy Wanderer' before. But I probably had seen thins at the same time that I had heard it anywhere else. It always works like that with me where after I hear something one place, I here it everywhere else at the same time.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry to hear that cgf. You just don't have the required compatibility do you? That is unfortunate. But never mind you will probably be able to follow our discussion some time soon.