1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. zns

zns Active Member

Yeah, I guess maybe what I said about griping was a little harsh. Sorry folks. :o Anyway, I think I'll still ask for the set.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well I'm of two minds. I don't think we should just grin and bear it here, it's very unfair. On the other hand, I may still try and get it. But ONLY if I'm able to give away my old ones to a decent place.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ahhem... he said 71 POUNDS, not dollars. It will still be about 120 bucks US... unless Target gets it in for much less.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Yes, 71 pounds is a lot more than dollars, I know this well from collecting toys from the UK... Of course they would never sell over 90 episodes for that cheap in dollars, that is under a dollar an episode. I think FR is worth more than that :excited:
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I too feel FR is worth more than a few dollars, but in the pricey state of things now (the bills alone cost over $100+), forking over another $100+ (even for a beloved show such as FR) is a little much, IMHO.
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Of course it is, which is why I am not getting the whole series again. I was just saying for those that are $70 is a bit too cheap to hope for:(
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Me? I'd just assume wait until my birthday (this month; in 19 days) or Christmas & sell my first season set for the complete series.
  8. heralde

Exactly, it's more of a holiday toy, lol.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. Plus, I have a library that would love to get its mits on my first season of FR.
  10. heralde

That's a great idea, I'd recommend that to anyone. I could offer them to my library or local school, there are a lot of ideas so they don't go to waste and less fortunate kids get to see them.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yep. This way, anyone can see the first season if they choose to.
  12. zns

zns Active Member

Amen pal. I'll let Santa Clause do the work for me on this item.
  13. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I've just purchased all 4 seasons in season boxes and the full animated series box set for the price of $105.

And they are legit copies from OZ!

Shame Hit never brought them out over in the UK there are just a few discs with random episodes on, shame, I liked the lighthouse version.

However, Sky have been showing the US versions and I've got into them, so I decided to take the plunge.

I think I got a really good deal.

They sell all the box sets individually so you guys that want season 4 or the animated season can easily get a copy. They are even in the same packaging.

I have a link to convert your dvd players to play multi region if you are interested.

PM if you want the link. It is all above board, you just programme your dvd player using the remote, like if you where typing a cheat on a wii or computer game.

Leanne
    x
  14. plucky

plucky New Member

I have to say, HIT was very mean to me by doing this :(

Fraggle Rock was my birthday present for years (and Muppets too, until one was released early, but that's not a BAD thing!)

But not this year :( Happy Birthday to me!

Sorry, just a slightly different take on the standard Season 4 gripe :)
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Daaah *hugs Plucky, who happens to be her favorite Tiny Toon*

You could ask for a worldwide player and the AUS season four for your birthday ;)
  16. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

17. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the new piccy Danny. I think thats the image used on Henson.com!

Nice to be able to enlarge it though, it shows that the book style DVD pages are held together as a ring binder?

Does anyone know what the poster looks like yet? It sounds very interesting on the Henson Podcast!

If anyone in the UK finds a cheaper site than DVDConcept.com please post it.

Chris
  18. getup

getup New Member

i just thought of another aspect that would get me to invest into the series over top of having already owned the other sets...while it is small and i know isn't included, the original openings for the terrible tunnel and the finger of light. now would that warrant a total rebuy of the set and justify getting duplicates of 72 episodes? probably not. lol. but it would be a nice feature and have it done right
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I really don't think they are doing anything to change the way the episodes are already on DVD. They seem to be doing this whole series set without any of the paper extras to get as much money as they can off the fact that some collectors have to have everything no matter what:smirk:. So I really don't think they are going to go the extra mile and redo something as major as which copies of the episodes they use:sympathy:
  20. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Redsonga is right - the first fifteen discs will almost certainly be straight reissues. Probably right down to the menus and graphics.

However, the new featurette about the evolution of the theme song may contain those sequences, either in full or abbreviated. That's something to hope for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.