1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. getup New Member

that's why i stated "i know it isn't included" i was just speculating on what would make me want to rebuy. When The OC complete series came out and i already had bought all 4 seasons, I decided the complete set would be better because they redid the first season in widescreen and the original first season was stupid full frame. Little things like that are what make me go hmmm
  2. wwfpooh New Member

But full screen--IMO--is better than watching film with those silly bars distracting you.
  3. Redsonga Active Member

Putting a show that was full screen to began with into widescreen is a very bad idea :(.It just does not do anything good for the show at all...
  4. wwfpooh New Member

Especially when it cuts parts off.
  5. Redsonga Active Member

It has to, where as with something already in widescreen you are seeing the whole picture that would be cut off if it was made full screen. So both should really be kept as they were made IMHO:).

As far as the black bars go with shows made in widescreen, when you have a widescreen tv you don't see them anymore, that is the whole point :excited:. But you can also set it to watch things in normal full screen to..I do that with most of everyday tv, because widescreen stretches edges something awful...
  6. wwfpooh New Member

But some movies are just made with one setting (either just widescreen or just full-screen).
  7. getup New Member

and that's just the thing....A) the original broadcast was in widescreen but for some reason the first season dvd came out in fullscreen. B) it all comes down to the tv. i have a widescreen tv and watching a full screen dvd on a widescreen is just as annoying as black bars...which i don't mind by the way...i hate the picture looking squished.
  8. Redsonga Active Member

That's what I just said :p.
  9. wwfpooh New Member

I'd rather the picture be squished than have parts cut off with annoying black bars providing a distraction. But then again, I have an old-school classic TV that's not widescreen.
  10. Redsonga Active Member

Well, as far as movies made in widescreen go those are showing the whole picture and not cutting anything :).
  11. wwfpooh New Member

You must not have some of the widescreen movies I have. See, the ratio of the films I own was to be full-screen and so, when the films become widescreen, stuff is cut.
  12. Redsonga Active Member

I thought you were talking about movies that were widescreen to began with :o
  13. wwfpooh New Member

'Tis okay...I confused myself when typing that. But, in regards to widescreen films that start out as such, the only hinderance would be the black bars.
  14. getup New Member

but i don't think many go from full screen to widescreen. most nowadays are shot in widescreen and then offered in either widescreen or pan and scan. but as far as a traditional tv goes yes...it would make more sense to want to watch a full screen movie. and i wouldn't want something that is originally full screen to be modified into widescreen. i believe in keeping the aspect ratio the way it was originally intended. but i don't like modified versions
  15. wwfpooh New Member

But then again, most older movies have that "this film has been modified from its original version" deal.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If they don't carry the special reproductions of the stuff the other volumes come with, I may think twice about it. Hopefully the release of this set will make the price of the other sets go down to somewhere affordable. I may just change my mind and wait for season 4 to be released separately, and just buy the single releases until then.
  17. wwfpooh New Member

Like I said, the season 4 of this show is ending up like the final season of the 'maniacs...Neither are likely to be released in the near future.
  18. Redsonga Active Member

I think we are more vocal as fans about this than most fandoms, I really think we can get one, we are just pesky enough ;). It might take years though...
  19. wwfpooh New Member

But sometimes, it takes so many years that many just give up. :(
  20. Redsonga Active Member

Not me, I remember, I remember well ;). When we are all forty-something I will be there to get a copy *lol* :3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.