1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Nooo:eek:! *dramatic fake death*
    Foo...You go the extra mile and still it doesn't have every episode like it says :p. Hit is the same company all around so I am really afraid poor Boober is going to be lost and forgotten again:(
  2. getup

getup New Member

so is anyone actually going to still buy the complete series? the arrival is coming closer and i still can't decide.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'm trying to save so I'm asking a relative, lol. Then I'll take it one step at a time. Then maybe I'd try Netflix. ;)
  4. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Absolutely I'm buying it. Pre-Ordered it as soon as Amazon offered the pre-order. While I'm extremely irritated that HIT decided to go this route with the series set rather than the final stand alone season, I have to have the final season and the Australian version is missing Sidebottom Blues, so in my eyes, it's incomplete. I still believe HIT will eventually release a stand-alone season four (when they do I'll buy that too because I fully planned on having two complete sets anyhow, one to watch and one to save for my collection), but I'm a bit of anutcase when it comes to the Muppets and Fraggle Rock in particular, so there's simply no way I'd be able to pass on it, knowing the final season is out there in some form.
  5. zns

zns Active Member

Of course. Just because I already have a few things of the same type doesn't mean I'm going to miss out on something as good as this. Anyway, can we expect a review from Phil Chapman once it is close to the release date?
  6. zns

zns Active Member

Dosn't the Grassroots online program have any sneak peaks on this set? Does anyone have a link or something? Just wondering.
  7. wemblingalong

wemblingalong Member

I chose not to buy the complete series and I just ordered the complete 4th season from Australia. I simply can't buy the entire series because I am quite unhappy with the decision. :coy: :grouchy:
  8. getup

getup New Member

well i'm def not going to buy the Australian set. not thrilled about no special features. but i know down the line i'm probably going to get the complete series no matter what. and i most likely will still keep my other 3 box sets. for collector's purposes of course...esp since that is the only way of getting the replica notebooks and what not. wouldn't be right to sell the sets and not include them unless the buyer just didn't want them. but then again...that's another big purchase...i already have pre-ordered the real ghostbusters box set and am getting guitar hero world tour on sunday...between those two that's like 300 bucks right there. lost season 4 on blu ray will be a must for me. so it's getting to be an expensive season. like i said before, might just wait for bday/xmas money...but most likely will buy it on nov 4th
  9. heralde

Yeah, a big thing for me is the special features. I'll try and ask a relative, but I still feel guilty, heh. I'm definitely giving the old sets to places that need it. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end. :)
  10. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Well you can get the special features by downloading a DVD rip...if there will be one out there...After all if HIT wanted you to buy the season 4 with the bonus features they would not have done this stunt....so tehy must want us not to give them any more of our money
  11. heralde

I don't really want to download, I want the real thing. This whole thing is very frustrating, heh. But somehow it will eventually work out. ::crosses fingers:: lol
  12. wemblingalong

wemblingalong Member

I think I would have probably bought the stand alone AND the complete series had HIT not decided to be greedy. I think if they came out with a stand alone season 4 I could forgive and forget! :flirt: Maybe.
  13. therockliveson

therockliveson New Member

For US members: If you are thinking about getting the complete series set but are uncertain about what to do with the season sets, one option is checking out swapaDVD.com ... I've been a member there for almost a year and love it! I recently traded my Fraggle seasons sets, which many members have on their wishlists, and kept the special inserts from seasons 1-3 since inserts are not required for trading (original cases and discs are required) ... Worked out great and I was able to order Beauty and the Beast:The Complete Series with the credits I got.
  14. getup

getup New Member

swapadvd.com almost sounds too good to be true. so basically any dvd you don't want anymore...as long as someone else wants it...gives you a credit and basically you can get anything in exchange? almost like just disc for disc
  15. therockliveson

therockliveson New Member

Yes, SwapaDVD is free to join and each disc is worth one credit so the Fraggle season sets are worth 5 credits each. If someone orders a DVD or set you've posted, you agree to send it to them at your own expense, via either 1st class mail or media mail, whatever is cheapest. When the DVD is received, you get your credits. Or you can use the SwapaDVD's printable postage --which is what I always do as insurance for multi-disc sets -- and then you get your credits as soon as it is marked mailed. Once you have credits, you can order something(s) that you want in return. You have to be a little patient to get new/rare releases, by putting them on your wishlist, and waiting for your turn as they come into the system but it is a fantastic site and my family loves it! :) They have a book and CD site too.;)

I'm sophiasapientia over there.
  16. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Amazon.com's pre-order price has dropped to $109.99 plus shipping.
  17. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Quick note to UK fans, DVDConcept.com, the only UK retailer to stock this item had it listed at £71.99, which I ordered.

I have just discovered on there web site that it is now listed at £93.99, what a huge jump?

I dont know what there policy is, if you still get it at the cheaper price as my order still states the cheaper price?

Either way, I think I am going to cancel the order, I am going to New York next month and the money would be better saved til then, I may get it while Im over there, or wait til its reduced.

Chris
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, here's the Amazon link. Shipping is free in the US.
  19. heralde

Thanks! Yeah I figured it would go down closer to the issue date.
  20. getup

getup New Member

so the price on this for bestbuy on release day will be 89.99. it's in their ad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.