1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

I got really jazzed up reading over the special features...I cannot wait until this set is released.
    I noticed Paul Benedict on the cover...ah, Mad Painter segments...can't wait to see what else is on there!
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if the back cover will have photos similar to the front cover. I have thought about what clips would be cool to choose for a back cover, and have tried my best to hold off on this.... But if I were to design the back cover, I'd have five rows of seven images (each row on the front cover has seven images, but six rows).Here is a list of what images/ clips would be represented, regardless of whether those particular clips are high on my wishlist:

Row One
    • Gordon introducing Big Bird to Sally
    • Kermit and Joey with the drawn Cookie Monster image
    • Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock on Mystery Guest
    • Teeny Little Superguy
    • Suzie Kabloozie and Feff
    • Fay Ray as Farmer McFaye
    • the original "People in Your Neighborhood"

Row Two
    • Guy Smiley and Oscar in The Anything-in-the-World Prize Game
    • Slimey entering the moon
    • Trackson Jackson
    • Biff and Sully
    • Roosevelt Franklin in his classroom
    • Ernie showing Bert the string around his fingers
    • Because We're Friends

Row Three
    • Murray and Ovejita
    • Big Bird and Snuffy in hawaii
    • Batman
    • Kermit interviewing Cookie Monster disguised as Little Red Riding Hood
    • Me, Claudias
    • Grover bringing a giant hamburger into the restaurant
    • Mad Men

Row Four
    • James Earl Jones with a letter around his face
    • Harvey Kneeslapper slapping a B on his victim
    • Grover riding Fred the Wonder Horse
    • Elmo and Whoopi Goldberg
    • Feist and the monsters
    • the Jazz Numbers spies
    • Simon Soundman

Row Five
    • That Grouchy Face
    • Gabbi's birth
    • Kermit with ears
    • Five People in My Family
    • Wanda the Witch
    • Lefty trying to sell Ernie a stop sign
    • Prairie Dawn at her piano

That would be a good way for the back cover to look. Though I'm sure that at least one of those clips won't be on the set.
  3. minor muppetz

We've got just 10 days left before this comes out. I think I'll do somethign similar to an advent calendar or wreath-tearing. Every day from now until the tenth I'll celebrate a numbered day and watch segments about that number on sesamestreet.org. Today I'm celebrating my own "number 1" day, and on the tenth I'll celebrate "number 10 Day" (though I'll probably be more occupied watchignt his set). I'll still honor my goal even if I find a copy before the official release date (I have occassionally seen copies of Sesame Street DVDs before the announced release dates at my local Best Buy).
  4. boostboy

boostboy New Member

can somebody please tell me if this dvd is going to be available in stores because I do not have a credit card to pre-order it. thank you very much. let me know.
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The Barnes & Noble website has just released a list of included segments and features, and boy is it great!

Disc #1 -- Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days - Disc 1 / 1969-1989 Seasons 1-20
    Play All Seasons 1-20
    Select a Segment
    Season 1
    Sesame Street Open
    Henson #1 Song
    Rubber Duckie
    I Love Trash
    Batman Around/up/Through
    If I Knew You Were Coming
    Bein' Green
    Season 2
    Bert & Ernie: Banana in Ear
    Henson Queen of Six
    Mad Song
    Sorting Song With Cookie Monster
    Season 3
    Mad Painter #5
    Bienvenido Song
    Lady Bug Picnic
    Season 4
    Herry & John-John Count
    Talking Loud / Talking Soft
    Remembering Bread, Milk, Butter
    Kermit News: Sleeping Beauty
    Bert & Ernie: Bert's Bust
    Season 5
    Fat Cat
    O-Orange Man
    Lena Horne: How Do You Do?
    Doin the Pigeon
    Season 6
    Super Grover: Exit
    Typewriter: N-Nose
    Invisible Ice Cream
    Season 7
    Pinball Animation #7
    Season 8
    People in Your Nieghborhood
    Season 9
    Fonzie on/off/on
    Clips From Hawaii
    I-Beam
    Season 10
    Telly Plugs in
    Season 11
    Star Wars: One You Go Beep
    Kermit News: Foot Snuggies
    Geometry of Circles
    Monsterpiece Theater: Me Claudius
    Martians: Radio
    Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco
    Season 12
    Hello Hello Hello Song
    Dancing Dog Imagines
    Two-Headed Monster: Telephone
    Bring Your Own Can Night
    Mister Rogers Returns
    Season 13
    Making Crayons
    Diana Ross: Believe in Yourself
    Bert & Ernie: Fish Call Quiet/Loud
    Madeline Kahn: Friendship Song
    Season 14
    Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree
    James Taylor: Jellyman Kelly
    Bert & Ernie: Snowman
    We All Sing the Same Song
    Season 15
    Teeny Little Super Guy: School
    Just Because
    Season 16
    Peanut Butter Factory Song
    Smokey Robinson: U Got a Hot on Me
    Season 17
    Elmo's Make Believe Trip
    Batty Bat Song
    Snuffy Is Seen
    Season 18
    Put Down the Duckie
    Sing Your Synonyms
    Season 19
    Pee Wee Herman's Alphabet
    Maria and Luis Get Married
    African Alphabet
    Season 20
    OOOO-Klahoma!
    Meet the Baby
    Bonus Features
    Pop-up Facts
    Turn Pop-ups: On
    Turn Pop-ups: Off
    Behind the Street
    Turn Feature On
    Turn Feature Off
    Play All
    TV Montage
    Fan Favorite
    Credits

Disc #2 -- Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days - Disc 2 / 1990-2009 Seasons 21-40
    Play All Seasons 21-40
    Select a Segment
    Season 21
    Monsterpiece Theater: King and I
    AlphaQuest: Letter R
    Monster in the Mirror
    Elmo's Song
    Grover's Restaurant: Most Important Meal
    Season 22
    Cecille the Ball: I'm Gonna Get to You
    Season 23
    Does Air Move Things?
    What's the Name of That Song?
    Season 24
    Oh What a Fabulous Party
    Season 25
    Marilyn Horme: C Is for Cookie
    Season 26
    Arrested Development: Pride
    Dance Theater of Harlem: Five Birds
    Luxo Jr.: Front/Back
    My Name Is Zoe
    B Is for Bubble
    Season 27
    The Spin Doctors: Two Princes
    Season 28
    Fay Family: To Market
    Season 29
    Tony Bennett: Slimey to the Moon
    Count Me in
    Season 30
    Patti LaBelle: Gospel Alphabet
    Season 31
    The Goo Goo Dolls: Pride
    Celebrity Sing
    Season 32
    Robert De Niro: The Actor Prepares
    My Nest, My Home
    Elmo's World Games: Mr. Noodle
    Season 33
    Bird on Me
    Destiny's Child: New Way to Walk
    Fire on the Street
    Season 34
    ABC Hip Hop
    Season 35
    TJ: Me and My Chair Song
    Elmo's World: Lord of the Feet
    Six Feet Under
    Season 36
    Alicia Keys: Dancin'
    A Cookie Is a Sometimes Food
    Season 37
    Abby's Arrival
    Matt Lauer Interviews Cookie Monster
    Law & Order Special Letters Unit
    Season 38
    Can't Say the Alphabet Enough
    I Love Every Part of You
    Season 39
    Feist: 1234
    The Golden Triangle of Destiny
    David Bacham: Persistent
    Plain White T's
    Neil Patrick Harris: The Shoe Fairy
    Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures: Penguin
    Season 40
    Guess the Seasons Song
    D-Dance
    Bonus Features
    Pop-up Facts
    Turn Pop-ups: On
    Turn Pop-ups: Off
    Behind the Street
    Turn Feature: On
    Turn Feature: Off
    Play All
    Bonus Behind the Street Scenes
    Play Bonus Scenes
    TV Montage
    Preview New Segment: Abby's Flying Fairy School
    Credits
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

There's a lot I've already seen, but there's still plenty I haven't! Can't wait for this DVD!
  7. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

It's got Telly's first appearance! Yay!

:excited::excited::excited:
  8. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Sesame Workshop has deffinately pulled out the big guns for this set ever since they released the Old School sets.
  9. minor muppetz

YES!

I wonder if this is the Roosevelt Franklin one. Though I would have preferred a different Roosevelt clip, since that was released on Old School Vol. 2. Or maybe it's the Herry and John-John clip, though it'd be odd for two Herry and John-John clips to be on the same set, back-to-back. The CTW Archives mention a clip with Kermit and John-John talking about loud and soft... That one doens't have an image at Muppet Wiki (though I wonder if the files made a mistake and meant Herry).

I hope this is the one where Sleeping Beauty turns into a frog.

Sigh, all of those have already been released on video, three released on both Old School Vol.2 and elsewhere. If they wanted to have Lena Horne and Being Green on the set then why not Lena Horne's version of Bein' Green?

Sigh... I would have preferred the original from 1969.
    I thought somebody identified the Fonzie image on the cover as the "Letter A" sketch. But regarding the Hawaii clips... YES!

YES! This has just GOT to be Telly's debut appearance. Last week we finally saw a picture of the first Telly, now we'll be able to hear the voice that Robert Payne used. And hopefully we'll see his eyes moving.
    I thought the Star Wars appearances were from season 10.

YES!

I wonder if this is the sketch where a boy mistake shis dogs shadow for an alligator.

I suspect that Bring Your Own Can Night must be the clip with Bruno that was on the cover. Mister Rogers Returns sounds confusing... I thought he only made one appearance (in the season finale of this season, where Big Bird clearly met him for the first time). I would have liked for it toinclude both the racre sequence and the ending where Big Bird and Mr. Rogers are reunited.

Aw, rats! I wish they would have chosen "That Grouchy Face" instead. Jellyman Kelly's been released on DVD twice now. And this should be listed under season 11 or 12... It was on the 1979 album The Stars Come to Sesame Street.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was from the 1970s. Unless it was remade (or unless this is different from what I think it is... "We All Sing with the Same Voice")

Man, this DVD sure does have a lot of segments that appeared in "Sesame Street, Special". It also has three songs about Rubber Duckie, all previously unreleased on DVD (WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE INCLUDED D-U-C-K-I-E? That's the only one that hasn't been on video!)
    I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it has previously been released on DVD, and I'd've liked for some unreleased Monsterpeice Theater segments to be on this (I know, Me, Claudias is on here). But on the other hand, theAllistar Cookie scenes were cut when previosuly released on video... Presumably we'll get this thing UNCUT!

I thought "My Name is Zoe" was from season 25. I could have sworn I saw it listed in a season 25 episode at Muppet Wiki...

WHAT? No "Murray Has a Little Lamb"? But otherwise a great selection of season 39 clips.

Oh, I was hoping for Mad Men. I know, it an be viewed at sesamestreet.org and youtube, but I am still disapointed.

Could this be an updated timeline sequence from The Street We Live On? Or even the same with no updates?

Still, I wonder if the chapter stops list everything on the set or not. Everythign pictured on the cover appears to be on there, but unless I'm mistaking, there's no sign of Guy Smiley, Biff and Sully, Don Music, or Harvey Kneeslapper on this set. And no Jazz Numbers segments? I am happy for all the rarities that are confirmed... Henson #1 Song was rare until recently, and we'll see at least one old school street story that wasn't shown on Noggin. And do any of us have the Batman Up/Through/Around sketch?
  10. minor muppetz

Well, as for stuff that's been release don video/DVD in North America (in english), I counted 27 clips, 17 on disc 1 and 10 on disc 2 (I didn't count the Luxo Jr clip, which was on the Pixar collection DVD). I counted 9 clips that are also Old School Vol. 1 and 0 that are also on Old School Vol. 2 (unless that "Talking Loud/ Talking Soft" clip is the one with Roosevelt).
  11. minor muppetz

I would like to comment that the biggest surprise/ shock is that disc 2 doesn't appear to have any of Jim Henson's last segments from season 21. I was hoping we'd get some of his performances, maybe his last Ernie, Kermit, and Guy Smiley performances on the show.

The chapter stops and special features list credits. I wonder if those credits will be for the entire discs or if the set will have the closing credits sequences for each year.

It looks like the set hardly has any Count appearances on disc 1. Unless I'm wrong the frist Count sketch on the set is The Batty Bat from season 17.

I was wondering what kind of title the set would give to the "death of Mr. Hooper" clip. I was thinking "Remembering Mr. Hooper" would be a good chapter title. it never occurred to me that "Just Because" would be the title (when I first saw that title I was thinking of the Roosevelt Franklin song).
  12. minor muppetz

I just noticed that "Bert and Ernie String Tied" isn't on that list. Though disc 1 lists a bonus feature as "Fan Favorite", and disc 2 has a "play bonus clip" feature (bonus clips on a set that is supposedly just clips as part of the main feature?).
  13. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, at least the list of material has finally been released, but I have to say that I'm more disappointed than excited. Again, most of that material has already been released, and if not, it's available online. Though I noticed that both discs include "Credits." I wonder what that will be like. Will it be like a montage of credits from all the seasons or what?
  14. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

This is making me excited to see the listing! I am looking forward to getting this set when it comes out next week! :D

This was also on he Barnes and Noble website!

Over 4 1/2 hours of the best Sesame Street memories on 2 jam-packed DVDs; Over 50 minutes of ultra-rare, never-before-seen backstage footage, interviews, and surprises; Pop-up facts covering the entire history of the show; Segments from all 40 seasons; Limited-edition 24-page hardcover book; Sneak peek at all-new CG animated segment Abby's Flying Fairy School

I read through this semi-quick but I am not sure if there is "Do the Rubber Duck"
  15. Viewaskewbian

Viewaskewbian New Member

No "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" or original "C is for Cookie"! Ack!:(
  16. minor muppetz

Well, I counted all the segments/ episode plots listed, and there are 67 segments on disc 1, and 47 on disc 2 (yay! Disc one has more!). That totals 114 clips! I didn't count "Sesame Street Open", but now that I look at it... I wodner if that means the theme song, or the opening scene from the first episode, or both? I sort of liked the idea of Henson #1 Song being the first clip shown (it'd make sense to open with a #1 clip). But then again, considering that the first skethc lead to an "Ernie in the bath tub" sketch, it would have made a nice segue for Rubber Duckie to follow the show's first scene.

I also didn't count any possible "bonus clips", like the sneak peek at the new Abby Cadabby series of inserts (but the set has two seaosn 40 segments that aren't considered bonuses... Why not just include a sneak peek at season 40, or include this with those?). I don't know whether anything in the "TV Montage" should be considered bonus sketches (we'll see).

I wonder what "Grover's Restaurant: Most Important Meal" is about. When I first read that I thought it would be the one where Grover talks about the food chain, which was already released on the Play with me Sesame DVD titled "Furry and Fun and Healthy, Too!", and wasn't impressed by this choice... I don't think of that as one of the best "Grover's Restaurant" sketches (I'd rather have the giant hamburger, the appearances by The Count or Simon Soundman, the "fly in my soup", the rival waiter, Charlie's birthday...)... But then realise that Grover didn't really talk about the "most important meal" there... And when looking at the Waiter Grover page at Muppet Wiki, I couldn't really find anything that fits that title.

Out of all the segments listed that I'm unfamiliar with, I am most excited about "Bring Your Own Can Night". Sounds like a good title for a public gathering or party... As I said previously, it would make sense for this to be the Oscar and Bruno sketch pictured on the cover, but it could also be a way to feature characters not in any of the clips that I know about. Given the time period, it could very well include Aristotle, Biff, Sully, Don Music, Sherlock Hemlock, Countess Dahling von Dahling, and others that don't appear in any of the clips that I know of.

And it's good to know that there was a Monsterpiece Theater sketch in season 12.
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Here's an easier to read place to see everything included on the set...
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street:_40_Years_of_Sunny_Days

I am BEYOND pleased with all of this. I am so excited for Tuesday and simply cannot wait to pick up this set. So many incredible clips... and think of those bonus features! My goodness... we're going to be on a Sesame high for days! :wisdom:
  18. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

Its a Good Thing I don't have school on November 11th ;) that means I can watch and rewatch clips, and talk to you all here on the forum about it! :D
  19. zns

zns Well-Known Member

If you count all the stuff we have for the anniversary, it may be about four to five months. :batty:
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You know... I might skip buying this to see if I can collect a majority of clips and street scenes mentioned, cutting some and adding others to make a home version of SST's 40 years. Something to tinker about with the tape traders on the boards. :shifty:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.