1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

AHH! Yes! I totally forgot about them. I wonder if the Moopets is a little nod to them. :zany:
    Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

hmmm didnt think of that but you could be onto something
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, for one thing, every chicken-clucking number has been a song that's been around for ages. What's wrong with them doing something modern? The song may get dated, but the humor of it will not. You're beef should be with the fact that they've done the chickens-singing joke to death already.

And the other numbers you mention are all about juxtaposition. Vikings singing "In the Navy", "Lullaby of Broadway" in the Arctic, etc., those are all cockamamie ideas. A barbershop quartet (of cacti no less) singing a classic rock song is in the same ball park of having a group of feather dusters singing a disco song and "Alabami Bound" by a group of Pilgrim penguins. It's all a matter of taking what's expected and turning it on its ear.
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

OK, this has got to stop.

Frogster, I can understand where you are coming from but I ultimately disagree. The Rainbow Connection has been covered in pretty much every style possible, it can be in this movie. I'm sure the Moopets' cover is done for laughs and must be short. I wouldn't worry too much about it. "You'll Never Walk Alone" seems like a pretty untouchable song thanks to Jerry Lewis, but people still cover it.

Some of the songs seem a bit random for me, but they are there for a reason. I'm going to assume "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" will play when Gary visits Mary at work (she is a teacher after all).
  5. Many interesting points here...
    1. Weird Al is NOT a "no-talent clown". In fact, I would bet my life savings he could do a heartfelt "Bein' Green". He's a smart guy with an amazing ear for music and pop culture, and he and the Muppets would be a dynamo combination.
    Sweet! How was it?
    I wholeheartedly agree. I'm already hearing "Teen Spirit" in a barbershop form in my head.
    And YES! Of course Ceelo and the Muppets! I totally forgot that. Cluck You is perfect, and I can definitely picture Camilla and the girls acting and dressed like the back up girls in the video. Good stuff.
    Both of these ideas are right up there with the Muppets doing "Bohemian Rhapsody" earlier...people know the songs, and goofing on them is acceptable.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

its this coming saturday ill let ya know
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That ticked me off a LOT more than the same "Dis movies gonna sukk" crap. Believe you me. I'm starting to think that his original songs are highly underrated. I LOVE the parodies, but somehow he managed to make things crazier when he's doing his own thing.
    Duke Remington and minor muppetz like this.
  8. ah, durp. i totally know how to read (and that you posted this today....oof.)
  9. Nice to see so many fellow Al-coholics! (is that the right term? Or are we still Close Personal Friends of Al?)
    And yes, he's completely underrated. Most people know him as the guy who did "White and Nerdy" or "Amish Paradise" and that's about it. Also, maybe they know the accordion. *sigh*
  10. Frogpuppeteer

totally agree i even had a roommate in college who didnt know he made his own tracks till me and a friend shared with him
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I think the "Muppet Barbershop Quartet" singing Smells Like Nirvanna sounds intriguing. I can't wait to see who is in the quartet (some of the most famailair characters? Generic whatnots/pigs/whatever? Hard-to-understand characters like Beaker?).
  12. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

My wife calls these forums my "Negative place" or the "Anti -Jim forum" because of all the griping and negativity that seems to go on here anytime something new pops up.
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Ahem . . .

WEIRD AL IS A GOD AMONG MEN!

That is all.
  14. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Wow... no comment. It's my bad for mentioning him in the first place, but let's all try staying on topic. People who like Weird Al, Twilight, Bieber, Glee or certain reality shows tend to give me a headache. This is a Muppet forum, let's keep this place happy lol
  15. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

YES! I was waiting for this preorder to go up! The soundtrack is AMAZING!!! Im ordering right now! Chickens singing Forget You is hilarious, you will hear it everytime you hear the song after lol. Man or Muppet is great. Life's a Happy Song is the BEST ever... save for how epic Rainbow Connection is. Im ordering now lol!
  16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Actually, now that i think about it, it might be rather fun to hear a Muppet Tribute Band do My Heart Will Go On if for no other reason that you know they'd go into total Grover-mode at the "NEAR - FAAAARRR - wherever you are" part.
  17. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I was just messin' with you. Doesn't mean it's not true, though. ;)

But, staying on topic, I like the idea of these random pop numbers--I mean, that's what a variety show / telethon is for! As for The Moopets, I think it all depends on context in the film. As does everything, really. Until I see the movie, I just can't make judgments about what's good, what's not as good as it could be, and what's an abomination (I'm guessing the answer is "nothing"). At least not based on a tracklist.
  18. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'll agree with what was said earlier about the chicken's numbers on the show being way overdone. Personally I think it'd be pretty bad-a** if the Electric Mayhem had done "Forget You" don't you agree?

Sorry for looking like a"Jim Era" zealot but it's too beautiful of a song for a group of new characters who are villains to do the song. Hopefully, when they start singing it, they're asked to stop.

I'm honestly hoping it grows on me, but I remember saying a while back when the first clip was leaked on YouTube of "Sing A Happy Song" saying that it sounded like something they'd sing on Muppet Babies, and a few of you agreed with me. I worry that the Muppets sometimes come off as being too kiddie, ya know?
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much, I get that way about SpongeBob fans. :zany:
    Frogster likes this.
  20. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

BobThePizzaBoy likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.