Pre-Order The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the "Muppet Barbershop Quartet" singing Smells Like Nirvanna sounds intriguing. I can't wait to see who is in the quartet (some of the most famailair characters? Generic whatnots/pigs/whatever? Hard-to-understand characters like Beaker?).

Frogster

Reaction score
Ahem . . .

WEIRD AL IS A GOD AMONG MEN!

That is all.
Wow... no comment. It's my bad for mentioning him in the first place, but let's all try staying on topic. People who like Weird Al, Twilight, Bieber, Glee or certain reality shows tend to give me a headache. This is a Muppet forum, let's keep this place happy lol

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
YES! I was waiting for this preorder to go up! The soundtrack is AMAZING!!! Im ordering right now! Chickens singing Forget You is hilarious, you will hear it everytime you hear the song after lol. Man or Muppet is great. Life's a Happy Song is the BEST ever... save for how epic Rainbow Connection is. Im ordering now lol!

dwmckim

Reaction score
(what else would a Muppet Tribute Band Sing? "My Heart Will Go On"?)
Actually, now that i think about it, it might be rather fun to hear a Muppet Tribute Band do My Heart Will Go On if for no other reason that you know they'd go into total Grover-mode at the "NEAR - FAAAARRR - wherever you are" part.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow... no comment. It's my bad for mentioning him in the first place, but let's all try staying on topic. People who like Weird Al, Twilight, Bieber, Glee or certain reality shows tend to give me a headache. This is a Muppet forum, let's keep this place happy lol
I was just messin' with you. Doesn't mean it's not true, though. :wink:

But, staying on topic, I like the idea of these random pop numbers--I mean, that's what a variety show / telethon is for! As for The Moopets, I think it all depends on context in the film. As does everything, really. Until I see the movie, I just can't make judgments about what's good, what's not as good as it could be, and what's an abomination (I'm guessing the answer is "nothing"). At least not based on a tracklist.

Frogster

Reaction score
I'll agree with what was said earlier about the chicken's numbers on the show being way overdone. Personally I think it'd be pretty bad-a** if the Electric Mayhem had done "Forget You" don't you agree?

Sorry for looking like a"Jim Era" zealot but it's too beautiful of a song for a group of new characters who are villains to do the song. Hopefully, when they start singing it, they're asked to stop.

I'm honestly hoping it grows on me, but I remember saying a while back when the first clip was leaked on YouTube of "Sing A Happy Song" saying that it sounded like something they'd sing on Muppet Babies, and a few of you agreed with me. I worry that the Muppets sometimes come off as being too kiddie, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.