Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Great to see ya again Terry! I agree on the gonzo and animal protos.........Terry's are alot better looking than the production samples.

Dave :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am looking forward to Gonzo'z pre-order next month. I hope that we get a newer preview of hime before he goes up for sale. Cannot wait to see his new nose job. LOL :concern:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
More fantastic pictures and the inside scoop from Terry! Thank you so much! :big_grin:

I really can't get over how perfect he is, you do such amazing work! Of course, that picture of Fozzie holding himself as a teddy bear is classic artistry, & I'm sure I'll have to have my MR Fozzie hold the same pose for a long time.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Terry,

Thanks for the updates. I saw him at SDCC and Fozzie is fantastic! I love him, and will be very proud to own him when he becomes available!

I heard about some of what you felt were discrepancies, but the first prototype is 99% there! I doubt in the history of collectibles a first prototype has been that spot on close before.

Kudos to you. I love Fozzie.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
It's not the prototype which we are the most worried about.....it's the production pieces. I think we could all live with the Protos "as is", but it's what MR's factory is doing with the patterns that concerns everyone. Hopefully it won't be a problem to make slight adjustments and get a decent finished product. Honestly I'd be alot happier with Terry's original prototypes than those production run pieces shown at the convention. Too bad we don't have 100's of Terrys in the China Factory............LOL

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Terry's prototypes of Kermit, Animal, Gonzo and Fozzie are amazing! It's too bad that MR and the people in China can't replicate them exact. If the pictures on your myspace profile were the actual versions that MR shipped out, I think all of us would be beyond words.

Telly

Reaction score
No doubt! Gonzo looks SPOT ON on Terry's MySpace.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with what Diz expects of the merchandise moreso than what MR wants to do with the props.

Honestly, if Diz would listen to MR and those working on the prototypes, it would be much fantastic!

Especially since the folks working on Muppets are fans of them as well.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with what Diz expects of the merchandise moreso than what MR wants to do with the props.

Honestly, if Diz would listen to MR and those working on the prototypes, it would be much fantastic!

Especially since the folks working on Muppets are fans of them as well.
Well Disney did say that they didn't like the way Gonzo's nose looked at SDCC, so we know at least that they have the same attitude as the fans there. What else have you heard about Disney not listening to MR? Would be great to hear some examples, otherwise it kinda sounds a bit like the standard MC response to something not going as planned..."it must be that evil mouse's fault"...