Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Not all foam rots at the same rate. I have a 34 year old puppet that I built that is still in very good condition. His foam is pliable. But then, I had a sofa that was about the same age when I got rid of it and the foam cushions had turned crunchy.

However, I am not advocating for a foam nose on Gonzo. I just want the nose to look like foam, which can't be THAT difficult.

:stick_out_tongue:

Your right WOE.... I think we should just all wait and see what the outcome will be. We might be suprised on the final product. After all, we still have over a month supposedly till the pre-order goes up. They might have came up with something else right about then. :concern:

Bein Green

Reaction score
I agree with the foam thing. I mean after all these are supposed to be "replicas". Photo puppet replicas, but replicas nonetheless. The Kermit is amazing. It looks and feels like the actual Kermit. Some small changes were made for quality sake but for the most part it is a replica. Now with the Gonzo nose and (from what I can tell) the Animal nose and some of the face, MR is getting further away from "replica" status and more into "reproduction". I don't mind paying hundreds for something that is a replica (I did it for Kermit!) but if the Gonzo is not going to be made from the same (or extremely similar) material as an actual photo puppet then I will pass. And MR may have to rename the line something other than photo puppet replica.

Of course, the final FINAL products could be much different than what we have seen.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree with the foam thing. I mean after all these are supposed to be "replicas". Photo puppet replicas, but replicas nonetheless. The Kermit is amazing. It looks and feels like the actual Kermit. Some small changes were made for quality sake but for the most part it is a replica. Now with the Gonzo nose and (from what I can tell) the Animal nose and some of the face, MR is getting further away from "replica" status and more into "reproduction". I don't mind paying hundreds for something that is a replica (I did it for Kermit!) but if the Gonzo is not going to be made from the same (or extremely similar) material as an actual photo puppet then I will pass. And MR may have to rename the line something other than photo puppet replica.

Of course, the final FINAL products could be much different than what we have seen.
"Replica" can be looked at in 2 ways-an exact replica and a visual replica.Personally, I wouldnt like to pay lots of money for something that doesnt last, when I can get something that looks the same and will.

AlienGonzo

Reaction score
I dont care what they make the nose out of, as long as it looks like the real thing and lasts. But I dont want mesh with a sock over it thats for sure. Thin fleece or whatever, fine, if it matches, but I dont like the nose on recent pics.

Bein Green

Reaction score
"Replica" can be looked at in 2 ways-an exact replica and a visual replica.Personally, I wouldnt like to pay lots of money for something that doesnt last, when I can get something that looks the same and will.
Or "Replica" can mean it is a copy of something. The Gonzo is not close on that count. I understand that some materials need to be augmented to make it last but the look of many of the Muppets is due in large part to them being made of foam. The foam is part of the character. If it can't be done, don't do it. I mean even though we all expected them to cost much more, we are still talking about HUNDREDS of dollars here. It's funny that they announce Fozzie at $400 and we all praise it! That is still a LOT of money where I come from! It just shows how crazy some of us are as fans, including me. Since I will probably buy that one for that much! :embarrassed:

I am just fearful that sales will be bad on these because people expect foam replicas, but get something else. And if sales are bad, maybe the line will be cancelled.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't want foam. I don't want something that I am going to pay $200.00 for and then throw it away in four or five years down the line. I would rather them take there time and find a way to prolong the life of the puppet. If you read the notes on the photo puppets order page it states that they are made from the same patterns and similar materials. So this is close enough for me. I don't want to get petty with these collecters pieces. I want to enjoy them for what they are. I don't work with material that well and so some company wants to mass produce them the best they can. I say go for it. It will be the closest thing I will ever own to being next to Jim himself, and I am going to appreciate whatever they make them out of. Foam or no foam. I just don't want to see $200 going in the trash is all. :concern:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Personally, I would prefer a plastic formed nose that will last. The only thing we really need is the ability to open and close the Jaw anyway. If it looks authentic thats the best part. But if it includes a pantyhose nose... i think I might rethink my large quantity purchase. after all I don't think this is a MR/Corgi thing it's a Disney thing... another case of the wrong Suits being involved with a vendor.
I mean you are not getting the same thing as the real photo puppet anyway because they use armatures inside the puppets, not bendable wire like our Kermit. The only thing that needs to really be soft is the eyelids.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is saying pantyhose. It is made out of a mesh. This is what Travis said. As far as "if" they did use this, I would just go out and have someone airbrush it for me. But like I said, we got a ways to go and we haven't even seen the final product. I remember when I saw this Gonzo first come out when Travis was on here. He was showing us the prototypes for Animal as well. You guys should remember when he said that the color of the suit was WAY off and the color of the fur is wrong also, and same goes for the nose. This was not too long back. I am just not going to count my chickens till they are hatched is all. It might not even be what we are seeing at Con. For example.... Fozzie was the prototype and the same goes for Gonzo. :embarrassed: