Puppet dinner

Phantom

Reaction score
Really? I'm more of a slacker...

Seriously, did you get to see any of the JetBlue incident?

Melonpool

Reaction score
I couldn;t see it from my house, but there were Cop cars and fire engines everywhere that day. I used to work over at DIRECTV in El Segundo (which is right across the street from the airport) and they were evacuated. I live about 5 mils away from it.

Steve

Phantom

Reaction score
Cool.

I couldn't see it from my house either, but then again I'm 2200 miles away. I did see it on "live" TV. I think the press was looking for a fireball. They seemed disappointed. But I digress...

I'm not saying that these people aren't compassionate or that they want tragedies to occur, but when the human element is removed, things like this become interesting. When the human element is added back in, it becomes heart wrenching...all the emotions are there. But...I...digress...again....Digress, digress, digress...(muffin)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I heard about that airplane ordeal, and I gotta tell ya: That unnerved me!! I was so nervous flying home my tummy got messed up.

Or it could have been all the spaghetti I had the night before. Dunno which.

Anyhow, I'm missing the heck out of everybody out there and am REALLY considering starting some sort of Puppeteering club here in Memphis. I loved all the jokes and improv with everyone.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think I heard that the passengers on the plane were watching the plane land on the news on the plane!

Phantom

Reaction score
Smile....You're on "Tragic Camera"...

Thankfully, the pilot was able to keep his cool and the plane in tact. Lot of praying going on, I imagine.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would SO have had a mess in the floor when that was going on! Did anybody see the Saturday Night Live skit about the event? I bet they were right on target how some of what was going on in the plan was happening.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It wouldnt be a nice experience at all. I know I get really nervous on planes if I wake up and its moving around a bit, that was only cos it had been a while since I had last been on a plane.

My parents have been on a plane where it just plummeted down and the food and other stuff in the plane went everywhere, luckily it was ok tho. I think there was also a small fire in the baggage compartment, they still have the burnt sleeping bags to proove it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
ACK!

Leaving Dallas to Burbank on the way to Hollywood, I prefer to say Hollywood than LA (It's more fun), the plane was backing out and went dead. The truck that fueled electricity or whatever went dead while giving us juice...that's what the pilot said.