1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Puppeteer's Resources Links

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Fireyes

Fireyes New Member

2. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

National Fiber Technologies

http://www.nftech.com/

Fake Fur, Real Fur, All the fur you could want.

Enjoy!

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Thanks for that!

4. Fozzie Bear

5. Slightlychilled

Slightlychilled New Member

NEW to the town :)

Hello to all I have been reading for sometime now.love this place I have had a love for muppets/puppets all my life. Now I have a son and the mind set. I have made one puppet so far and building #2 wish I could show you all. I see alot of books out there about building, what are the best ones? I like the foam ,hand/rod pupppets the most "so far". My biggest cross to bare is the mouth of a puppet.I need to buy some patterns .

Talk to you all soon

P.S. If there is someone by philly that might like to show me some in's and out's that would be sweet.

6. staceyrebecca

staceyrebecca Active Member

I think the glorified sock puppet pattern is a great one. its easy to follow and gives a great result even the first time you try it.

Also take a look at the foam book & Puppet Planet by John Kennedy. They're different styles of building. The wonderful thing about puppetry is that your end result is the goal, not how you got there or what you got there with (unlike teddy-bear making).

7. Nojoy

Nojoy New Member

8. Slightlychilled

Slightlychilled New Member

The Projectpuppet is like crack to me right now I fight the need to buy one more,maybe just one will hold me over for a bit

9. batjimi

batjimi New Member

Puppet Materials Needed

Hello I am a new puppet builder and I wanted to know what material fossie:o
    and oscar :grouchy: are made of? ( the shaggy material and where to get it) now I know about fleece ( the stuff kermit and most of the other muppets are covered with) but I could not find the shaggy stuff of fossie and oscar any help would be great ohhh this is my first post! Jimi

10. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Those exact materials probably can't be bought anymore...the Muppet workshop purchased the original materials decades ago and now if they are not still using the original materials they likely get the fur custom made and/or dyed. If you search the archives here there are probably old threads discussing how members here have made Fozzies and Oscars before.

11. propologist

propologist Member

stuff

Hi Guys,

What kind of things would you want, to make it easier to make your puppets?
    Like hollow eyes or eye mech.? I am just asking as I am working on some parts for some one and thought that some of you may need something as well. I can make vacummformed plastic eyes, solid plastic eyes, cast rubber parts, etc.
    Just post here with your ideas or wants and I will see what I can do.

Thanks,

Propologist
    HMS Mike

Fozzie Bear likes this.
  12. staceyrebecca

Can I just keep you in my closet with your magical powers for when I think of something? That would certainly make things easier.

13. Gaskett

Gaskett New Member

Whats the best way to dye Fake Fur Fabric using Dylon Multi Purpose Dye

Help ! I have been building puppets of the muppet variety for years now, and have been lucky enough to rely on lots of fancy fake furs, generally getting what i want. But recently, I have decided to dye my own furs.

I was told that Dylon Multi Purpose would do it, but what the correct technique ? Can anyone help ?

14. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Do you know what your fake fur is made of? If it's acrylic then the Dylon dye won't work. I believe that Aljo works on just about anything though.

15. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

I'd certainly love to find some oval eyes and large spheres for some replicas I'm planning...

16. Reginald Rabbit

Reginald Rabbit New Member

Where to Find Antron Fleece in Los Angeles

Does anyone know where I can purchase Antron Fleece in Los Angeles, as well as Scoot Foam?

17. mercuryss

mercuryss New Member

Looking to rent or buy puppets for production

I run a non profit summer stock in Cleveland OH and I am producing Blues Clues Live and looking to rent or buy some puppets for the show this summer. Please advise or email mercuryss@mac.com. Thanks

Pierre

18. Fozzie Bear

You might consider buying a large version of the Blue doll and converting it to a puppet.

I did that with a large Cat in the Hat plush for a bookstore reading once.

19. propologist

propologist Member

Hi guys,
    So I thought that I would show you some of the eyes I have been working on.
    As to other shapes I do have a few but can make any size or shape.
    Bear man what sizes are you looking for?

Some of the eyes that some of you have been asking for are as easy to find as going to the local K-Mart or Walmart and go to the Easter section and get the plastic eggs. Now some of you are looking for very large ovals, There are some of the large plastic eggs that split down the sides in these same sections That have some fax grass and candy in them. I think that they are about 6-8 inches long.

If any of you need special eyes I will try and help if I can.

Here you go:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/41111968@N00/sets/72157602722672544/

20. staceyrebecca

ohhh! Those are fun!