Questions about anything

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*Double take* Wait a minute, I just noticed something -- Spy Vs. Spy is slipped in there! How is that possible? I haven't seen that comic in years!
I'm guessing they're there to represent the MAD TV series.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh well, it could have been great or judging at the time this getting made at not so much great.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Come to think of it, why does Johnny look like he's out of shape, Dexter look like he's evil, and Jack look like he just crapped himself?

This segment was from a recent episode of Uncle Grandpa where he was presenting the "Grampies" awards (all to his own show) while current CN characters and a couple classic ones looked on angrily at losing. Of course, with the exception of the Powerpuff Girls (which had the new series look and voice actress for Buttercup), none of the older characters did much outside of the opening shot. Come to think of it, none of the We Bare Bears were their either, and you'd think they'd get some representation. Some characters looked off. Sumo from Clarence had fangs and eyelashes for some reason. But that's because this was animated by the Uncle Grandpa team and they pretty much only really draw and animate in UG's style, though the PPG looked good, as did the Steven Universe Crew.

The icing on the cake was making a reference to the Uncle Grandpa/Steven Universe crossover episode. Which is funny, because UG also gave nods to older CN shows in that one, just not visually.

Tom Ruegger almost got a crossover series between the Looney Tunes and the classic HB characters off the ground back in 2008. It was going to be called "Mixed Nutz," I believe. There's a ton of info on it over on Tom's "Cartoonatics" blog.
Probably didn't happen because of WB's self inflicted red tape, which explains why Teen Titans GO wasn't represented in the aforementioned UG skit.

I like the concept and all of this show, and I have faith the production team would get the most out of the premise, but while I like WB and HB characters in the same show (we certainly had enough merchandise of that sort of thing when WB Stores were a thing), I don't know about the parody segments. This would have been just before the Scary Movie and one off "[genre] Movie" films ruined pop culture references for everyone, but those films really did ruin the concept of parody. Characters doing a wacky version of something isn't really funny anymore unless you bring something to the table.

Plus, I'm disappointed that no one considered the most obvious movie parody crossover HB/WB concept that should exist in a series like that... Strangers on a Train with Tom and Sylvester criss-crossing their respective prey. I would love to see Tom failing at catching Tweety and ditto Sylvester with Jerry. But they went with Elmer Fudd as Shrek instead.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
This segment was from a recent episode of Uncle Grandpa where he was presenting the "Grampies" awards (all to his own show) while current CN characters and a couple classic ones looked on angrily at losing. Of course, with the exception of the Powerpuff Girls (which had the new series look and voice actress for Buttercup), none of the older characters did much outside of the opening shot. Come to think of it, none of the We Bare Bears were their either, and you'd think they'd get some representation. Some characters looked off. Sumo from Clarence had fangs and eyelashes for some reason. But that's because this was animated by the Uncle Grandpa team and they pretty much only really draw and animate in UG's style, though the PPG looked good, as did the Steven Universe Crew.

The icing on the cake was making a reference to the Uncle Grandpa/Steven Universe crossover episode. Which is funny, because UG also gave nods to older CN shows in that one, just not visually.

Probably didn't happen because of WB's self inflicted red tape, which explains why Teen Titans GO wasn't represented in the aforementioned UG skit.

I like the concept and all of this show, and I have faith the production team would get the most out of the premise, but while I like WB and HB characters in the same show (we certainly had enough merchandise of that sort of thing when WB Stores were a thing), I don't know about the parody segments. This would have been just before the Scary Movie and one off "[genre] Movie" films ruined pop culture references for everyone, but those films really did ruin the concept of parody. Characters doing a wacky version of something isn't really funny anymore unless you bring something to the table.

Plus, I'm disappointed that no one considered the most obvious movie parody crossover HB/WB concept that should exist in a series like that... Strangers on a Train with Tom and Sylvester criss-crossing their respective prey. I would love to see Tom failing at catching Tweety and ditto Sylvester with Jerry. But they went with Elmer Fudd as Shrek instead.
Sumo from Clarence with fangs ? that sounds like something, that would be in a creepy pasta.:laugh:

Drtooth

Reaction score

Someone must've misinterpreted his scraggly hairs as eye lashes somehow. Maybe thought he had the same protruding buck teeth as Clarence. When Jake the dog was talking, the animators gave him Finn's teeth.

Of course Uncle Grandpa is very much a depending on the storyboard show. One storyboarder somehow always makes Mr. Gus fat.

Also, the full segment is here... but it'll clearly be taken down quickly, so best to watch it ASAP

scooterfan360

Reaction score

Someone must've misinterpreted his scraggly hairs as eye lashes somehow. Maybe thought he had the same protruding buck teeth as Clarence. When Jake the dog was talking, the animators gave him Finn's teeth.

Of course Uncle Grandpa is very much a depending on the storyboard show. One storyboarder somehow always makes Mr. Gus fat.

Also, the full segment is here... but it'll clearly be taken down quickly, so best to watch it ASAP

none of you guys are going to get picked up this season , lol .