Questions about anything

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Was anybody else scared of Ridley as a kid?

I actually had a reocurring nightmare about him when I was a kid *shudders*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh, why is THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW on Starz Kids? That certainly isn't a kids movie.

And why does TED and TED 2 have three stars? That's way too generous for those pieces of trash.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of times, if I'm editing a video taken from a memory card on Windows Movie Maker and I make angle cuts, it seems like it'll automatically cut off parts that I didn't cut. If I cut the beginning of something and delete it, part of what I cut sometimes still appears (I'll then clip it and delete again and it's taken care of), and if I clip after the ending point and then rewatch, part of the end of that might be gone. And at times when rewatching things, it seems like sometimes part of it will be cut when I watch and then I'll watch again and it's not cut. This doesn't happen if I'm editing from video shot on my webcam or if I'm editing video from already-published video (and sometimes, if I'm doing a video with a lot of cuts and such, I'll put everything that's supposed to be in the video on Windows Movie Maker, publish it all as one video file, and then edit from the published video file), but if it's from a video card it's likely to automatically cut off more than I intended. Anybody know why this is?

Also, ever since I started using memory cards, for years if I was editing something that had parts with both a lot of dialog and a lot of angle switching, I might copy the video with the most dialog, put one copy under audio, and then mute out the video that shows, so the dialogue can be heard without risking it sounding odd if I cut too soon or too late. For years this has been working, but in the past year, if I do this, for some reason when video cuts to a different video, it seems to affect the audio file, even though the audio playing over the footage is all one file. It's not too affected, but at the parts where one video file cuts to another, there's a quick skip, echo, or other bit of sound awkwardness. What's the deal here? Could they have made memory cards differently (I'm pretty sure I've always used the same brand of memory cards)?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
May be putting too much strain on WMM by sourcing all the video clips from a memory card as opposed to the local computer Drive. Try copying videos to your computer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Movie Maker is very picky about its source material, there's only certainy file types and formats it will support: they have to be WMVs, AVIs, MPGs, or MP4s - if you're trying to work directly from your memory card, chances are the videos you shot aren't even in a format supported by Movie Maker. Before I got Adobe Premiere, my older digital camera shot all videos as MOVs, which is a Quicktime format, not supported by Movie Maker, so I would always have to convert the video files before I could edit them. That may be what you have to do.

Try Zamzar; if your video files are within a reasonable file size (under 100MB), you can convert them to a more Movie Maker-friendly format and have the links to the converted files emailed to you. Of the above-mentioned file types supported by Movie Maker, I would recommend either WMV or MP4; AVI tends to distort video quality and give you very tinny/metallic sound, and MPGs are pretty much designed to corrupt.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can anybody explain why this is the most popular video on YouTube right now?

I get the feeling it's mostly clickbait, considering you can see in the thumbnail you got three girls in short shorts.