Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know whether Weird Al Yankovic's last album, Mandatory Fun, has been certified gold yet? I looked at a listing on the official Weird Al site of which albums have gone gold and platinum, and didn't see it listed, but I also couldn't find anything about when that page was last updated. Considering it was his first album to be number one on the Billboard charts, I'd be surprised if it hasn't at least gone gold by now.

Then again, can an album still be considered a success if it hasn't gone gold?

Maybe I've asked this before, but does anybody know how long it took Andy Kaufman (or whoever) to get into Tony Cliffton make-up? It seems prosthetic make-up takes hours to get on (and maybe off). Furthermore, it seems like Andy Kaufman wanted it to be a secret that it was him (though I've seen contradictory things about it. For example, the biopic Man on the Moon makes it seem like only a few people who worked on Taxi knew about it, apparently even the cast didn't know, but I recently saw an interview with Danny DeVito where he talked about the first episode that Cliffton was supposed to appear in, and he said that when he got the script for the episode he was told that Cliffton was actually Kaufman). And I;ve seen some things that said that Cliffton was sometimes an opening act for Kaufman - if it was supposed to be a secret, then it seems like there wouldn't have been much time to get the make-up off before Andy Kaufman went on stage (though I guess in those cases it could have been one of the other Tony Cliffton actors). I've also been wondering if Kaufman got into his Tony Cliffton make-up in a studio or privately at home before arriving.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
"A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person."

Source (Don't Use Wiki on papers :wink: )
Thank you!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Fire drills never scared me. Gave us a ten minute time out from class. Never took them seriously.

When was the last time you saw concrete burn?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I never really minded fire drills. I did mind the alarm in college; the rooms and halls were very echo-ey and the sound was super loud. And my freshman year, there was a point where it got pulled 8 nights in a row. They actually offered a $500 reward to catch however was doing it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In high school and college (you haven't lived until you stayed in a dorm on the 15th floor) people pulled the fire alarm all the time. But they coat the handle with this blue dye, so you know who pulled the alarm.
And fire departments HATE false alarms. Someone's house could be burning down while the department is rushing to a fire that doesn't exist.
If it's not enforced already, the kids who call in false alarms should get a steep fine.
Or better yet, take their phones away! That'll get them right where they live.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is this Brave Wilderness guy on YouTube even a real animal expert? I almost feel like he's a sketch show parody of animal experts.