Questions about anything

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
The North/South question stems from the Mason-Dixon line drawn up shortly before the Civil War. Virginia and Maryland went with the Confeds, therefore "South". West VA voted AGAINST slavery, as did the states north of it; I'd have to look up the line as it traveled westward to tell you which "new" states then were slave or free. Check out Mason/Dixon and the Missouri Compromise, folks. I'm feeling too lazy to go find it for you.
--------------

Hubert

Reaction score
That always confused me also. We say the mid-west there...but why that instead of mid-east.?

Hubert

Reaction score
--------------
The North/South question stems from the Mason-Dixon line drawn up shortly before the Civil War. Virginia and Maryland went with the Confeds, therefore "South". West VA voted AGAINST slavery, as did the states north of it; I'd have to look up the line as it traveled westward to tell you which "new" states then were slave or free. Check out Mason/Dixon and the Missouri Compromise, folks. I'm feeling too lazy to go find it for you.
--------------
Sorry to double post, but if I'm not mistaken, Maryland went with the Union, did they not?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*curls into ball in the corner* Geography...*starts rocking back and forth* so horrible *sucks thumb*

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's funny in regards to what makes the south and the north, because aside from geography, I feel that some states have a more "Southern" feel to them than others. I have family from Virginia, and after spending time with them and separately in North Carolina, I would consider Virginia more "Southern" than North Carolina or Florida.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well everyone from Florida is from New York anyway.

But actually, one of my teachers who was from Florida did say that as well. She said they might as well called it New New York

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Florida, California, Alaska, and Texas are worlds all their own, lol.

Alaska more so, not just the Palins, but it seems like everyone up there is crazy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Intentional ziffeling! What a horrendous crime. You're under arrest ma'am. We may even have to consider the death penalty. Oh wait...you're already half dead...
You can't catch me! *takes off with demon wings and blasts Hubert with ghost plasma* Ha ha ha!

Hubert

Reaction score
You can't catch me! *takes off with demon wings and blasts Hubert with ghost plasma* Ha ha ha!
*puts up white flag*
I surrender! I surrender! Just don't you dare do it again!!!!!!!!! :smile:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
*puts up white flag*
I surrender! I surrender! Just don't you dare do it again!!!!!!!!! :smile:
We really need to start enforcing these "No Unintentional Ziffleing" rules more!

By the by, here's a question: Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?