Rare animated films (not shown on Noggin)

Censored

Reaction score
There's one animated film that I have a very vague memory of, but remember liking the visuals of it very much as a child. It's a Spanish cartoon involving a living pitcher of water and at the end it turns into a huge bowl of water or something like that. I think the cartoon was only done in Spanish, so I never understood what it was saying except I think it had the word "agua" which of course means water. Any memories?

Drtooth

Reaction score
gbrobeck said:
Hey Arnold creator Craig Bartlett did three claymation sketches with his character "Arnold": "Arnold Escapes From Church," "The Arnold Waltz," and "Arnold Rides His Chair". The first two were mostly showcased at animation festivals and are on two seperate volumes of the VHS series "International Tournee of Animation." The third one was produced especially for Sesame Street and got a lot of airtime. Bartlett also did the original "Penny" claymation sketches for Pee-Wee's Playhouse. The "Arnold" character was also a feature in the "Simpsons Illustrated" magazine for a while, before getting his own show on Nick.
Wanna know something cool? One of my professors actually worked with Craig Bartlett on the Penny skits!

Zet

Reaction score
cat-abusing girl

Hi all,
Actually this might have been on Noggin...I don't have them all.

Anyone remember one (70's) about a girl that wants to hold her cat, but the cat doesn't want her to? She tries to hold it forcefully (tries different things to trick it as I recall) but the cat avoids her. Finally she seems to give up, and gives the cat a bowl of milk to drink. After it drinks, they cat purrs/starts rubbing on her & the girl gets to hold it.

Anyone remember this one? Not to be confused with a later one where a girl is holding a cat that's complaining, and the girl is walking & humming a tune.

-Z

Zet

Reaction score
what would happen if I popped this balloon?

Hi...

Anyone remember this one?
All I can remember is an older boy is with his baby brother, and he or his brother has a balloon. The boy imagines (bubble above his head IIRC) different scenarios about what would happen if he popped the balloon...one involves the baby crying and I think mom getting angry. Maybe something about baby falling or being in danger somehow?
That's all I remember but would love to see this again (along with the cat one I posted about).

Was this on Noggin?

-Z

Censored

Reaction score
Zet said:
Hi all,
Actually this might have been on Noggin...I don't have them all.

Anyone remember one (70's) about a girl that wants to hold her cat, but the cat doesn't want her to? She tries to hold it forcefully (tries different things to trick it as I recall) but the cat avoids her. Finally she seems to give up, and gives the cat a bowl of milk to drink. After it drinks, they cat purrs/starts rubbing on her & the girl gets to hold it.

Anyone remember this one? Not to be confused with a later one where a girl is holding a cat that's complaining, and the girl is walking & humming a tune.

-Z

Yes, I remember both of those.

In the 70's one, the girl actually does trick the cat into being held, but the cat imagines the girl as a witch and the girl realizes that it's no fun to hold the cat against its will. So, she puts the cat down and let's it drink the milk, then the cat is happy and willingly gets held.

The later one was different, but had the same basic message. A girl is holding a cat against its will and imagines how she would feel being held like that. She then allows the cat to walk alongside her.

Censored

Reaction score
Zet said:
Hi...

Anyone remember this one?
All I can remember is an older boy is with his baby brother, and he or his brother has a balloon. The boy imagines (bubble above his head IIRC) different scenarios about what would happen if he popped the balloon...one involves the baby crying and I think mom getting angry. Maybe something about baby falling or being in danger somehow?
That's all I remember but would love to see this again (along with the cat one I posted about).

Was this on Noggin?

-Z

Actually, I recall a very old one that involved a GIRL imagining what would happen if she popped the balloon. She kept imagining to situation escalating until she was sent to bed without any supper (this might have kept it off of Noggin). I think she imagines scaring her little sister, which makes her drop and brake something and so on. It ends up with the girl saying, "Who wants to pop a nice balloon like this, anyway?" and walking off. I also seem to remember some kind of similar skit being made later. Maybe that involved a boy?

Zet

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Yes, I remember both of those.

In the 70's one, the girl actually does trick the cat into being held, but the cat imagines the girl as a witch and the girl realizes that it's no fun to hold the cat against its will. So, she puts the cat down and let's it drink the milk, then the cat is happy and willingly gets held.
ahh LOL I'd forgotten about the witch part...nice, thanks.
I remembered she succeeded in holding the cat before the milk, but it was angry (hissing or struggling).
You don't by chance have this (the original one) do you GeeBee? It's one of the few I remember & don't have on tape (e-mail me if you like).

I can only guess that when they remake a film like that it's because the licensing (or whatever the correct term is) for the original has expired...especially since the remade version in this case looks no more "modern" than the old one ("dated" being the argument I've heard as to why some films are no longer shown, and why some classic films are overdubbed with new sound effects or even new music).
-Z

Zet

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Actually, I recall a very old one that involved a GIRL imagining what would happen if she popped the balloon. She kept imagining to situation escalating until she was sent to bed without any supper (this might have kept it off of Noggin). I think she imagines scaring her little sister, which makes her drop and brake something and so on. It ends up with the girl saying, "Who wants to pop a nice balloon like this, anyway?" and walking off. I also seem to remember some kind of similar skit being made later. Maybe that involved a boy?
Yes I think you're right about it being a girl...I was remembering the one you described anyway.
I was actually thinking there was a similar one made later and was going to mention that, but I couldn't remember anything specific so I wasn't sure if my memory was faulty.
Thanks again for the refresher, and yes, I am definitely searching for a copy of the 70's one.
-Z

prickle747

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm yes my wife remember's them both

and they sound very familar to me.........amazing when a skit is brought up or mentioned a little........the cobwebs come out.

yes i would love to see those again too. :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
I have some!

Do any of you remember:

"Lost Boy Remembers Way Home": He rides his bike past all this psychadelic stuff, and he realizes that he's lost, and he asks a man with a yo-yo how to get back home.

"Simon Says-Body Parts-Animals Mixed Up": Simple simon meets animals going to a fair. The duck can't fly because he doesn't have wings. The sheep walks funny because he has the wrong legs, and the snake has both the feet and the wings, and thinks it's great. Then, they realize what's wrong and get everything straightened out. This had madrigal-type music, like the Madrigal Alphabet.

"New Ball In Town": 4 red and blue balls. 3 of them were striped, and 1 was polka-dotted. The polka-dotted ball was the new ball in town, and wanted to play with the others. It was trying to get the attention, and the other balls stopped and looked at him, and asked him to play. It had moog-synthesizer music with a "wow wow" sound to it.

"Young MacDonald Went to Town", to the tune of "Old MacDonald", of course. I may be the only one who remembers this one.

"Alphabet Song with Woman On Horse": An animation with 3 different variations of the alphabet song. A country variation, an urban variation, and a Mexican-style variation. Another one that probably only I remember.

"Keys-Matches Gate Lock": A girl walks up to a locked gate, peeks through the keyhole and sees a playground. She tries opening the gate, but realizes that it's locked. She notices a ring with 3 keys. A round-shaped key, a heart-shaped key, and a diamond-shaped key. She tries the round-shaped key. It doesn't work. Then she tries the heart-shaped key. That doesn't work. Then she notices the diamond shape on the gate lock, and she tries the diamond-shaped key, which matches the lock of the gate. The gate opens. She then marches in and claims her prize.

I remember sevaral other rare non-Noggin animations, but that's all I'll post for now. Does anyone remember these?