Reality TV

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by camilla

That sounds like one we had here. Lost where teams had to find their way back to london with only a certain amount of money and no flying unless stated

Camilla
We had "Lost" here (it started the same week as "The Amazing Race"). It didn't do too well. Three teams of 2 were dropped off in the middle of nowhere and had to make their way to the Statue of Liberty. All in all it was a boring show. I think that The Amazing Race did better because there are competitions thrown in (in order to get your next clue, you have to go on a scavenger hunt around Sydney, Australia or bungee jump, or whatever), plus it was more controlled. You knew who was in the lead at the end of ever episode, and that can (and probably will) change during the next episode...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I'll admit that most of the reality shows are not too good (Joe Millionaire is my guilty pleasure).
Hmmmm... and yet if I reveal that I sort of kind of in a certain way almost like the show, "Ultimate Muscle" people treat me like a bleepin' leper!

I swear, The Mole, Temptation Island, Joe Millionaire, and American Idol are the worst.

I swear, some of them are so staged. I came to find out one of the American Idol contestants (one that didn't win) will soon join the cast of Boston Pubic. Now.. isn't that fishy?

Did anyone see the movie "Quiz Show?" You know what I mean!

Lu775

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd that we call this new genre "Reality TV" when it's not like reality at all?
There's gotta be a better name for it......
(and I don't think "craptacular TV" is gonna catch on)

beaker

Reaction score
How about "Ihavealife...whyamIwatchingthishorrificgarbage?" TV?
Then again I dont watch tv period(Cept the occational Seinfeld rerun) so what do I know:wink:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Eh.

You "vanilla" people...*sigh*...
Notice I'm not making any comments!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sooo sorry Luke...

I hate Reality TV now. After Real World lost its grip on me, I'm not turned on by any of it except possibly the very last episode of Joe Millionaire when he tells the money-grubbing wench he's busted, and those Real TV home videos, and America's Funnies Home Videos (new eps) which are hilarious!!

If they could come out with something original, then I might like it. These "Let's get married" "go find something" "throw strangers in a house" "who's suing who court" shows are just boring to me.

I sent Luke an idea that I think would work. :wink: Just depends on a producer wanting to take a real chance on something that will ultimately be a hit--I'm sure of it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

If they could come out with something original, then I might like it. These "Let's get married" "go find something" "throw strangers in a house" "who's suing who court" shows are just boring to me..

I could not agree more. Oooh... back satbbing traitors stopped us from getting moneuy... oy gaVOLT!!!

In all honesty... I mean, rully rully annoying stuff on TV lately. Maybe a reality show about Comedians?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
In all honesty... I mean, rully rully annoying stuff on TV lately. Maybe a reality show about Comedians?
Or COMEDIAN BEARS!!? HUH!? HUH?! HAAAA!!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I could not agree more. Oooh... back satbbing traitors stopped us from getting moneuy... oy gaVOLT!!!

MTV is coming out with a show called Blackmail or something like that. 3 friends of mine who are Stand Up Comics in NYC are going to be on an episode. Does this count?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Forgot to praise one aspect of reality tv:

Documentaries. I like them!

FOZ