Recipe Swap Out

Whatever

Reaction score
There goes Kevin again, trying to poison us all. :rolleyes:

LOL!

Beebers

Reaction score
There are currently No Red Alerts issued on MY recipes. Terror level: low, alert is for veggie/fruit haters only.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL!! Not ME! I got those easy to do recipes from my co-worker; the only one that has been passed around in my family is the Cobbler recipe!

I'm glad I found out about diet food poisons before I made that! I was going to do that tonight, too! YIPE!

Peach Ice Cubes

4 peaches, peeled and pitted
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Puree the peaches and combine with the sugar and lemon juice. Mix well until smooth. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
Serve with cold summer drinks like lemonade, iced tea, or cocktails.

buckshot

Reaction score
anyone know any good sushi recipes? or where i could find some? mmmm....sushi :crazy:

Beebers

Reaction score
Go to www.foodnetwork.com, on the front page upper left-hand corner you'll see a tiny recipe search window. Type in sushi. There are 107 recipes.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
*newly minted Senior Member*

But does it guarantee against food poisining?

anathema

Reaction score
Stuffed Camel

1 whole camel, medium size
1 whole lamb, large size
20 whole chickens, medium size
60 eggs
12 kilos rice
2 kilos pine nuts
2 kilos almonds
1 kilo pistachio nuts
110 gallons water
5 pounds black pepper
Salt to taste

Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

Elephant Stew

1 elephant
10 warthogs
100 kilograms tomatoes
1000 kilograms potatoes
2 bags onions
100 kilograms salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liters vinegar
20 liters chutney
4 guineafowl

Preparation:

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well.

Fruit Cake

a cup of water
a cup of sugar
four large brown eggs
two cups of dried fruit
a teaspoon of salt
a cup of brown sugar
a lemon
nuts
a bottle of whiskey

Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Put it down somewhere. Check the whiskey again. To be sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in that large, fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again. Make sure the whiskey is still okay. Cry another tup.

Turn off the mixer! It's splattered dough everywhere!

Beat two leggs and add to the fluffy bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Mix on the tuner. If the fired druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the whiskey to check for tonsisticity... Whew is it hot in here ?

Okay.. Next, sift two cups of salt... or something. Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon ... urp ... juice and strain your nuts. Add one table ... spoon ... of sugar or something ... Who cares? Whatever the heck you can find.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Check the whishkey again. Throw up in the bowl and go to bed. Who likes fruit cake anyway?!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I made that fruit cake once; after the next morning I swore off this particular recipe!

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I made that fruit cake once; after the next morning I swore off this particular recipe!
But it's a wonderful doorstop, or handy weapon of self-defense.

:big_grin:

A balmy 3 degrees here in northwest Connecticut.
We have a very good, common-sense, very funny local talk/call-in radio show here, not shockjock stuff, and this afternoon they discussed . . . the nonexistence of Betty Crocker. Phantom, close your ears. It turns out that Jimmy Dean Sausages has decided that Jimmy Dean "no longer represents the image of" Jimmy Dean Sausages and so Jimmy Dean has been relieved of his duties representing his own sausages.
Our radio host, who is my age, thought he'd rarely heard anything so stupid in the American marketing world (I agree). A caller driving in his car then called in to say that in addition to this travesty, Betty Crocker is a figment of General Mills' imagination. Our host was devastated, embarking on a hilarious tirade which you'd have to be there to appreciate.
Another caller said she had a package of Jimmy Dean Sausages in her hand and that Jimmy Dean's picture has been replaced by . . . a boot. To imply the future edibility of once perfectly good sausages, one might infer.

I found this highly entertaining, given our musings here.

:big_grin: