Recipe Swap Out

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Another caller said she had a package of Jimmy Dean Sausages in her hand and that Jimmy Dean's picture has been replaced by . . . a boot. To imply the future edibility of once perfectly good sausages, one might infer.
LOL!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
You know what goes good on plain popcorn? Small dashes of cinnamon ... mmmmm ...

Phantom

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Phantom, close your ears. It turns out that Jimmy Dean Sausages has decided that Jimmy Dean "no longer represents the image of" Jimmy Dean Sausages and so Jimmy Dean has been relieved of his duties representing his own sausages.
Too late....
Nooooooooooo....now I can't sing "Big John" while I eat my sausage. :boo:
*sniff* It's a sad day.

Beebers

Reaction score
Our radio host wanted to know, What's next? Corporate suits taking Duncan Hines out in an alley and beating the daylights out of him? Firing Snap, Crackle, and Pop? A sad day indeed.

:cry:

A nice thing to impress dates, company, or yourself:

Berries A La Rousse

3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Mix well with a fork and refrigerate in airtight container at least 2 hours. Stir again just before serving. Put in a small nice serving bowl on a plate or platter. Surround with berries of your choice. (It's a dip). Enjoy.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
You know what goes good on plain popcorn? Small dashes of cinnamon ... mmmmm ...
You know what? I bet this WOULD be delicious on Kettle Corn, which has a slightly sweet taste already! YUM!!

OH! ME SO HUNGRY!! :Cookie Monster Eating Muppecon Here:

Beebers

Reaction score
All the guys in my life love this sandwich recipe:

The bread you use in this matters; get a really nice fresh French bread, or good-quality grinder (sub) rolls, fresh store-baked are good.

1 green bell pepper, sliced in long pieces 1/4" wide
1/4 of a red bell pepper, same
1 large onion, minced
1 clove garlic crushed and minced
1 lb. package keilbasa, either turkey or regular

In heavy non-stick skillet slowly saute veggies in 1/2 cup high-quality olive oil over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slice up keilbasa, slices no more than 1/4" inch thick, add to veggies, stir up. Heat goes up to medium. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon hot into sandwiches, serve immediately.

You can vary the saute any way you prefer, eliminating garlic, adding minced peppers of other types, etc. We like these without cheese on top but you can do that too.

:cool:

Happy Chinese New Year!

jediX

Reaction score
Here's my fave sandwich recipe:
Take one sandwich and put any kind of potato chips on it. Voila, chipwich. :wink:

Phantom

Reaction score
Take a regular PB&J and grill it like a grilled cheese with butter and all. Best thing next to a cheeseburger in paradise.

Really...try it then tell me I'm wrong....

Beebers

Reaction score
During high school, I lived for and on cheeseburgers with a bag of potato chips on top with tons of ketchup. Without the bags; I found them rather chewy. That, and Kit-Kat bars. I ate so many of THOSE I can't look at them now.

:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Phantom said:
Take a regular PB&J and grill it like a grilled cheese with butter and all. Best thing next to a cheeseburger in paradise.

Really...try it then tell me I'm wrong....
GOURMET PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES

There are several ways of doing great sandwiches that include peanut butter.

Of course, there's your classic PB&J (I prefer Grape Jelly, though).

There are other "additives" or "mix-ins" with peanut butter.

1. Marshmallow Cream
2. Chocolate Cake Frosting (also chocolate syrup or powders)
3. Apples (green is best)
4. Caramel ice cream topping
5. Coconut
6. Bananas