1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Redsonga's Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Redsonga, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I thought since everyone seems to have a topic to share their ideas for stories they will be writing in the future I might as well start my own. (Plus, if I don't talk about them I will go crazy :excited:!)

Everything Seems to Sing
    (Prelude to Song Of a Midnight Place)

Everyone is surprised when Mokey, on the day of her 30th birthday, decides to join the minstrels to save Lanford's life. None more so than Cantus, who still has doubts about her. (Mokey/Cantus)

Robin the Brave

Robin is a lovable little frog that everyone knows is the nephew of the famous Kermit. But what if there was more to his background? When one happy ending comes at the cost of another, it really isn't easy being green...

Swedish Chef Can Cook!
    (A series of short connected one shots)

The Swedish Chef gets his own cooking show on the Food Network. Our kitchen's may never be the same!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

These all sound great! I'd love to see more of how Mokey became a minstrel so that story is of particular interest to me, but they all sound interesting. The Swedish Chef story sounds fun!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yaey! All sound great. *Laughs at thinking about the Swedish Chef hognobbing with the equally unintelligible Iron Chef Masaharro Marimoto at Kitchen Stadium or trying to share recipes at one of the All-Star cookouts or even attempting to explain his culinary expertise on his own half-hour show.

The one with Mokey/Cantus intrigues me...
    But what caught me was the Robin the Brave idea. When one happy ending comes at the cost of another?
    Waiting for these and the thrilling end to Midnight Place. :batty: :excited:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Robin has always been my 2nd favorite muppet after Kermit. The only fanfics I have ever seen with Robin ether have him being just a mascot like he normally is, or as an adult in the future. I thought I would explore this idea I have had about his past for years now that I have not seen anywhere before :). He seems so talented at five (six?) frog years old :3
    ------------------------
    I grew up with all the classic PBS cooking shows and love the Food Network...
    My only trouble is where do I learn mock Swedish? Do I just use 'subtitles'? How does everyone else write him?
    Never mind, I fuoond a muck Svedeesh seete-a :D! Yay! I can write realistically :3!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. vaati64

vaati64 Member

all those ideas sound good. i think i like the sweedish chef one the best though! very funny!:)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*lol* I'm glad I can make fanfic ideas that appeal to all ages :excited:!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

The image of Swedish Chef on Iron Chef makes me die laughing even WITHOUT a story to go along with it. They should make that happen before the movie comes out. :D

Anyway, I totally dig your fic ideas! I'm a big Robin fan too.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I think both Robin and Swedish Chef get overlooked a lot as characters, which is a shame :(
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I had another idea today (Note I was raised on Muppet Babies, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Fintstone Kids, and Bobby's World so if you hate any of these you most likely won't like this one ;). Written after I finish the rest of course)

Fraggle Babies or Fraggle Rock Kids or Fraggle Pebbles

When four little fraggles are given egg watching duty and become friends the rock will never be the same!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. RedPiggy

I was never a fan of anything other than Muppet Babies. Considering how the animated FR kinda looks like Muppet Babies, that would be a perfect concept.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I was wondering, would you rather I write the next Fraggle fic or would you like to see my Robin idea?:) I have been turning the Robin idea over in my mind lately...
    I don't think it will be even half as long as Midnight Place...
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi. Whichever you decide to post would be best. Trying to get my own ideas in order.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. vaati64

vaati64 Member

I think you should go ahead with the fraggle idea. but then again, thats just my opinion:)
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. RedPiggy

Whichever one is nagging your brain the most... :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Rose

Rose Member

I'm for the Mokey and Cantus fic myself but I always liked Cantus anyway and the Fraggles more than anything well that and the JHH which didn't get mentioned. But yeah what RedPiggy said go with that ever grabbs your interest the most.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*adds idea to bucket 'o fics*

Those Of The Black Eyed Snow (working title)
    When another Festival of the Bells comes to Fraggle Rock, Boober is suddenly forced face to face with his past..A past that he has tried very hard since childhood to forget...
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Regarding the choice for a fanfic, go with what Majory told Goldie by going with the voice of your heart that is loudest.
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

As far as that goes my Boober backstory idea sort of bit me on the foot, since I need to see Mirror Mirror before I can even start my Mokey/Cantus fic...

My trouble is it is defiantly a Festival of the Bells or X-Mas season type story, but it is the middle of June ! :p So I am not sure weather to write it and keep it to myself or post it out of season-.- It is, as fraggle stories go, very bittersweet and angsty....

Working Timeline
    Fraggle Babies
    Fraggle Rock series
    Those Of The Black Eyed Snow
    Everything Seems to Sing
    Song Of a Midnight Place
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Just like Boober himself is a one-of-a-kind Fraggle in a world where each personality is different, but each Fraggle loves to dance, sing, and have fun, whereas Boober has SideBottom for those activities.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It would fit him I guess *lol*
    But X-Mas Boober background story posting in June? Yes? No? :sympathy: Would anyone be interested?