regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

Luke

Reaction score
Seeing as we have been talking about a 3 inch Muppet figure line i thought i'd post up these pictures of the new 'He-Man' 2.75 inch line in stores now. Granted they are not as articulated as the Simpsons mini's but they do swivel at the waist and the level of detail is pretty cool too - i think they come four in a pack from Mattel.

http://www.he-man.org/news_images/minifigs/Minfigs.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/news_images/minifigs/Minfigs2.jpg

Aside from the mini figures there's also a regular line but they have really broken boundaries with their 'Castle Grayskull' playset. It lights up and talks, but it also recognises which figure is which - so if you stand an evil figure over a trap door it unlocks and the figure falls in. You can see a review and pictures of it here.

As you may have guessed, i'm a big fan of He-Man and Transformers - but this mini line as well as the Simpsons just goes to show that mini's are very 'in' right now and there would be unlimited possibilities with a muppet line - just as much as the regular figures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's some really detailed PVC. Wow. It's funny because these days if you shrink anything it becomes an entirely new product. Miniiture versions of snack food to pez despensers seemss to make it more desirable.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I hate those mini He-men. They look like and remind me of those old-fashioned army guys all stuck in one dumb pose. I definitely wouldn't even buy Muppets if they looked anything like that. Just looking at these mini He-men remind me how much I don't like mini figures.

Yeah, I still can't figure out why the heck you guys like or want these kinds of mini figs.

BAZ

Reaction score
I would get the mini figures because I don't have room for the current size figures.

Of course that hasn't stopped me from buying them. My wife has gotten to the point that she just rolles her eyes every time I show her a picture of a new Muppet figure.

"But dear, look at the shirt Vacation Fozzie is wearing. My closet is full of those kind of shirts! I gotta get him!"

:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by SuperGrover
I hate those mini He-men. They look like and remind me of those old-fashioned army guys all stuck in one dumb pose. I definitely wouldn't even buy Muppets if they looked anything like that. Just looking at these mini He-men remind me how much I don't like mini figures.
I agree with you on the He-men. I mentioned them because obviosuly it's a similar line, and they are articulated and fairly detailed (though nothing like the Simpsons minis) but yeah they are pretty naff that they look like toy soldiers - i think the bases their feet are mounted too make them look worse than they would do free standing.

I do want Muppet minis though - just more like the Simpsons ones.

Here's something though - the new He-Man figures are being sold with a free video of the cartoon attached to the pack. Wouldn't it be cool if the Muppet Mini sets were all themed around an episode of TMS - but you actually got a video shrinkwrapped to the pack with that exact episode of the Muppet Show so you could watch it and play with the figures wearing the same costumes and using the same accessories ? I this is probably going to be impossible rights wise though.

beaker

Reaction score
Eeek, those Heman pvcs look like just plain ol Army guys, and very small ones at that.

Ok, I just bought the Simpsons homer in space minis...OH MY!
Full on tiny paint details, accessories, pretty good articulation, man! For anyone who has bought(or even seen these) man...I can think of nothing sweeter than seeing Palisades someday release Muppet minis in stores! To me, I think that excite me more than the day I finally saw the 6" line in stores.

Now then, here is what I think the first 2 mini sets should be(and yes, they should be 5 for $12-$15:

*Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Pepe, and Swedish Chef

*Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, and Animal

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Wouldn't it be cool if the Muppet Mini sets were all themed around an episode of TMS - but you actually got a video shrinkwrapped to the pack with that exact episode of the Muppet Show so you could watch it and play with the figures wearing the same costumes and using the same accessories ? I this is probably going to be impossible rights wise though<<<

Dont you mean a short dvd? eek, a video...no no...thatd be a major step backwards to the days of skinny ties and Fred Savage.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Dont you mean a short dvd? eek, a video...no no...thatd be a major step backwards to the days of skinny ties and Fred Savage.
A short length DVD would be cool as well - Mattel seem to be going the video route, maybe duplication costs are cheaper.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

A short length DVD would be cool as well - Mattel seem to be going the video route, maybe duplication costs are cheaper.
They most likely just found them sitting in a warehouse, blew the dust off of them and stuck 'em in. I mean, who wants a video of He-Man? :big_grin: :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>They most likely just found them sitting in a warehouse, blew the dust off of them and stuck 'em in. I mean, who wants a video of He-Man?<<<

I sure as heck dont...I wonder if collectors are into the puzzling Heman resurgence because they remember it from their childhood as being somethign they watched, and not neccesarily something that was meaningful or of good quality. Theres a lot of "80's" nostalgia resurgence, and from what I have seen the only genuinely cool one has to be the Transformers comeback.
Then again I havent been a particulair fan of American cartoons at all:wink: