regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory

I think your choices are great, but part of the attaction of packaged minis is to combine top characters with more obscure ones otherwise the set will only contain the top 7 characters and neglect some realy gems. Puting all the big guns in one wave may serve to weaken future waves.

I can see something like Kermit, Animal, Crazy Harry, Mahnah, Snowth and Sweetums for wave one and Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, Uncle Deadly, Boppity and Doglion for the second. Hopefully it would last for several waves so we can get some of the characters who won't likely make it in the regular assortment. Just my thoughts on the strategy. I'll certainly buy them either way.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think your choices are great, but part of the attaction of packaged minis is to combine top characters with more obscure ones otherwise the set will only contain the top 7 characters and neglect some realy gems. Puting all the big guns in one wave may serve to weaken future waves.

I can see something like Kermit, Animal, Crazy Harry, Mahnah, Snowth and Sweetums for wave one and Gonzo, Scooter, Beauregard, Uncle Deadly, Boppity and Doglion for the second. Hopefully it would last for several waves so we can get some of the characters who won't likely make it in the regular assortment. Just my thoughts on the strategy. I'll certainly buy them either way<<<

eeek, darn good point. I guess, since each wave would have 5(i would think) it would be good to have kermit, piggy, chef, pepe, and like crazy harry or something. Oh man, did you say frackles??? that would be beyond cool. And lik eyou said, with minis, characters we might never see in the 6" line would fit right in and be possible for this. I seriously cannot see how anyone could not love the minis idea, as the possibilities are truly endless.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
[BI wonder if collectors are into the puzzling Heman resurgence because they remember it from their childhood as being somethign they watched, and not neccesarily something that was meaningful or of good quality. Theres a lot of "80's" nostalgia resurgence, and from what I have seen the only genuinely cool one has to be the Transformers comeback. [/B]
Then you haven't seen the trailer for the new He-Man animated cartoon - it kicks @ss - Skeletor is like a ninja now and the animation is very polished. You should download it.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Then you haven't seen the trailer for the new He-Man animated cartoon - it kicks @ss - Skeletor is like a ninja now and the animation is very polished. You should download it.
I'd rather watch paint dry. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we could even get JP, Thog, Mildred and Hilda. It really seems the only way we would see these guys. And having stackable arches all the way up the wall. eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I have a question though. If they do make Mahna Mahna, should they make one snowth or two? Or should they release an extra snowth down the line somewhere?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I'd rather watch paint dry<<<

nate, youre too much! LOL YEah, a ninja skeletor...yeeeagegegag.

>>Maybe we could even get JP, Thog, Mildred and Hilda. It really seems the only way we would see these guys. And having stackable arches all the way up the wall. eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!<<<

THE ONLY WAY we'll see a mjority of our dream list TMS characters...minis is the way to go in 2003!!!

I have a question though. If they do make Mahna Mahna, should they make one snowth or two? Or should they release an extra snowth down the line somewhere?<<<

Mahna Mahna, Snowth one, Snowth 2, Nigel the conductor, and
a penguin or Thog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
<<Mahna Mahna, Snowth one, Snowth 2, Nigel the conductor, and a penguin or Thog.>>

Ahh, but that's more of a hardcore collector's series. I suspect they'd need a couple of main characters in that to make it successful. I'm thinking they will stick with their two big guns rule. If I am not mistaken, these guns include: Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, Beaker, Rizzo, Pepe, Sam, Statler and Waldorf.

Also, didn't Ken say there would likely be 6 figures packaged minis?

I am realy excited about the minis even more than the megas!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>If I am not mistaken, these guns include: Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Rowlf, Animal, Beaker, Rizzo, Pepe, Sam, Statler and Waldorf. <<<

Modern wise? as in Big guns in 2002? Officially these are:
Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Pepe, Animal, Fozzie and Rizzo.

Also, didn't Ken say there would likely be 6 figures packaged minis?<<<

He did? Wow, as the WOS minis are just 5 to a package.
Personally I think they shoul dbe fisher Price 1978 size, as IMHO that was the raddest line ever.

I am realy excited about the minis even more than the megas!<<<

Good to have ya on board! Oh yes, when one begins to ponder the endless possibilities of the minis, it truly is a remarkable thing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just checked and Ken propsed 6 packs of textured and detailed mini PVC figures "much better than anything that has come before." They would retail from 24.99-29.99 because of the level of quality and paints and they would surpass the ones from DC Direct or Dark Horse. They would be all new sculpts - not rehashes and be themed and contain a few obscure characters per set. Stackable arches were also mentioned.

Now the price does seem a little high, but so does everything else these days. I wouldn't suggest they go to far above 20 dollars but I'm not an expert on markup. It's likely the detail of the figures and not the arch displays (as the will likely be mass produced) that adds to the price tag. Should they be less detailed to bring the price down? How tall are the Simpsons minis?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yeah, just checked and Ken propsed 6 packs of textured and detailed mini PVC figures "much better than anything that has come before." They would retail from 24.99-29.99 because of the level of quality and paints and they would surpass the ones from DC Direct or Dark Horse. They would be all new sculpts - not rehashes and be themed and contain a few obscure characters per set. Stackable arches were also mentioned. <<<

Perhaps there is a bit of a discrepency. Maybe Ken thought we were trying to persuade Palisades to mak eTMS pvcs...no no no no no. Those have been done and quite frankly wouldnt do much for me. No, the idea would be something very akin to the Simpsons minis(sorry, there is no other current stuff on the market I could compare to, maybe those TOMY Japanese disney figures tho) I think he pulled that $25-$30 figure from the expensive DC comics 9 count PVC sets...but again, what these would be, would be akin to the Simpsons minis...so I would say $12 to $18 would be a much better price estimate.

Now the price does seem a little high, but so does everything else these days. I wouldn't suggest they go to far above 20 dollars but I'm not an expert on markup. It's likely the detail of the figures and not the arch displays (as the will likely be mass produced) that adds to the price tag. Should they be less detailed to bring the price down?<<<

My preference, ala the great Fisher Price 1978 line. And also, there is quite a bit of detail to the simpsons minis.

How tall are the Simpsons minis?<<<

about 3" are so, they are basically mini action figures, NOT PVCS.
I think some people may think this campaign is to get TMS PVCS underway.