regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Well, I'll buy whatever Palisades happens to make in the PVC form....if it ends up being one wave, two, eight....I love my PVCs, and it sounds like these are gonna be great!

I'll finally have someone good-looking to play with my Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street PVCs--and they can do battle with my cracked-out Schleich Muppet Show set.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
...they can do battle with my cracked-out Schleich Muppet Show set.
You have no idea how much I'm still laughing my froggy butt off over that one! You crack me up, Quin! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Arties right in some ways, these could be gold plated PVC's for $24.99 or $29.99 and they still aren't gonna sell. Further to that, the store won't even buy them in
I was just reading back and i wanted to make clear when i made this comment i was talking specifically about small card and gift shops rather than just any store.

I am actually of mixed views now on the articulated/unarticulated issue but am probably coming to look at PVC's a lot more positively. Today i saw the Simpsons mini's and i felt both sets were of a very high detail for 3" and the articulation was designed very well, though i realise the Muppets would need much more in the way of paint app's and cost a bit more - but for $10 (though the shop i was in actually charged tons more) they are fantastic and i certainly wouldn't mind Muppet ones. I did though also see the rest of Muppets wave one action figs that i hadn't already seen, and while overall i was fairly impressed (although regular piggy has a snout bigger than my dogs !) i also noticed that in some figures the articulation points, and methods of articulation kinda detracted from the likeness of the character being 100% perfect although it was very close - i think Ken said that doing unarticulated PVC's would mean they wouldn't have to work around that like they usually do and so have more scope to get the body shape/parts and overall character likeness even better.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
think Ken said that doing unarticulated PVC's would mean they wouldn't have to work around that like they usually do and so have more scope to get the body shape/parts and overall character likeness even better.
That was one of the main points of Ken's argument for going non-articulated.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Today i saw the Simpsons mini's and i felt both sets were of a very high detail for 3" and the articulation was designed very well, though i realise the Muppets would need much more in the way of paint app's and cost a bit more - but for $10 (though the shop i was in actually charged tons more) they are fantastic and i certainly wouldn't mind Muppet ones<<<

Yeah, I bought the Simpsons minis...yeah some of the astronaut ones are cheap looking...but the idea of small action figures has always had my fancy. For the record, I think that me and Luke may be the only ones gung ho for Muppet minis.

However, with what Ken said, its hard to understand why people would balk at going all out on pvcs. Palisades has managed to surprise us before. Then again Ive been a fan of Palisades much longer than most on here.

Its funny...Danny Horn should do a article on how Ken and Palisades changed the face of th eonline Muppet community forever, heh.

as far as MOTU/heman 'minis'...theyre just like army men to me.
The only real minis Ive seen are the simpsons and DC comics ones...the DC comics look more like Kubricks though.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
That was one of the main points of Ken's argument for going non-articulated.
Yeah thats my point - i'm beginning to agree with Ken there. I saw the Teeth figure today which was pretty good overall, but i really wasn't happy with the lower torso. The T-joint for articulation between his legs needed so that each can move seperately IMHO looked ugly and really stuck out, i think maybe he should have just had a swivel waist and lower torso like the original 'Homer Simpson' playmates figure. He's not an action man, just a piano player - Muppet fans care more about the character likeness than how many articulation points there are. Personally, i would have not had both legs articulating seperately so that i could have done away with that chunky t-joint at his groin and given him a more rounded lower torso like we all imagine him having. If you do a PVC of Dr Teeth it will all be molded together nicely and you wouldn't have the need for those articulation joints.

On another note i saw the regular Piggy too and she is such a hog - that snout is bigger than my dogs. Thankfully they produced the exclusive !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the T front allows him to sit when the bus is made. I'm not sure if any other type of joint would have worked for him and it is improtant that he has some kind of leg articulation so that he may stand without being pegged. Piggy is a little touchy about that (use kneeded eraser on her heels so she won't need the stand - it works). I agree that it doesn't look the best, but it's interesting to see all types of solutions to different figures.

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Jamie, yeah i was thinking it might be a 'bus' type thing being worked out in advance as you say. I think he could still have stood to play the piano if he was like Homer, but yeah i understand there were other factors.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are other characters with the T jointed legs in series 2, but I think that they will look better because they are thinner characters. Harry and Animal appear to have thes T joints, but the rest have either swivel or ball-jointed legs.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Both those figures do have the T, but a much better T than Teeth. Hey, Dr, Teeth put the "T" in T-crotch, that's for sure. I wasn't happy with the joint either. It is by far the most obstrusive one of the sculpts we have completed so far.

Where we can hide them, we will hide them. But sometimes for play factor sake you gotta throw in a joint that just doesn't always look great. On the one side there is Teeth, on the other there is Floyd, with 12 points that you REALLY have to look for in order to see. But then you have some knee joints coming up that you will see the pins on...give and take I suppose.

That's why I am looking forward to the PVC's...it's a challenge to work out joints and keep likeness, and it will be a new set of challenges to keep likeness and maintain detail at the smaller scale.