regular figures...mega sized...what about minis?

grail

Reaction score
i just wanna know HOW they're going to do some of the Muppets as PVCs. think about the undercut you're looking at on something like Gonzo's nose. it's going to be really tough to do them and do them justice. why not take the extra step while they're at it and just make 'em spectacular?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering too, and without the limitations of joints it will allow them to be more accurate to the source material.

grail

Reaction score
i'm not real sure what you mean by that? i always thought they had done an excellent job of making the articulation hidden. heck, Ken even mentioned that one of the reasons they held Rowlf back was to work on a new way of doing the joint.

did i miss something?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They have done an excellent job. It's not about hiding the articulation but Ken himself expressed that they can be even more true to the puppet in posed PVC because they will not have to take in account moving leg joints, thickness of moving pieces for safety standards etc.

Luke

Reaction score
Arties right in some ways, these could be gold plated PVC's for $24.99 or $29.99 and they still aren't gonna sell. Further to that, the store won't even buy them in. At that price the main market would be collectors who are specifically looking for and being into PVC's so the maturer toy shop or comic store would likely be the place these things sell well. I agree $20 at most, but i'd like to see it come down to $15.99 simply because it's a price point that could compete with other lines on the market and sell well everywhere which is what we all want. I'm sure you can 'raise the bar' at that price seeing as advanced things have been done with mini's that sell for even less. I don't think Artie was saying we need standard old 1970's PVC's, but at the same time there is absolutely no need to go over the top and price yourself out of the market just because of a perfection issue. It needs a suitable compromise and it'd be clever to see what they could do for the budget. If they WERE going to be put into card shops at $24.99 then i'd seriously consider packaging and selling them individually in those kind of stores, because most people only ever make impulse purchases there and spend very limited amounts of money.

I know Palisades know what they are doing, but i think this is gonna be a totally different game to play than making the action figures. Doing high quality PVC's and getting them to sell at a premium price is gonna take a very clever strategy indeed !

incredeeble!

Reaction score
My concern with PVCs....

I just wonder at no matter what price, will these be peg warmers at retail stores? The only line that I have seen take any interest in my area are the MOTU PVC. I see the simpsons all over the place and then just odds and ends with clearance tags.

I personally have a small hesitation to buy PVCs because my number 1 preference when buying figures is detail. If Palisades sacrifices quality for a much lower price, the only reason I'd buy it is because I'd have to buy anything/everything muppets that Palisades makes. If they add more detail to it and the price tag has a 15-25 range, there'd better be: A) Killer detail B) a bunch of characters in one (maybe even a small playset)...

I think that the MOTU PVCs are kinda a love it or hate it. I personally love the detail in them and the 6-pack carries a 12.99 retail. I think that's a steal for what you get!

But yeah, what I'm expressing is that I'm not 100% convinced about the idea of muppet pvcs... But I've already been suprised at their quality. Who knows what they might have in store....

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
A couple years ago there was a pretty nice boxed set of SST PVCs, didn't those sell pretty well? They sure sold out where I live.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by incredeeble!
My concern with PVCs....

I think that the MOTU PVCs are kinda a love it or hate it. I personally love the detail in them and the 6-pack carries a 12.99 retail. I think that's a steal for what you get!

But yeah, what I'm expressing is that I'm not 100% convinced about the idea of muppet pvcs... But I've already been suprised at their quality. Who knows what they might have in store....
Hopefully we won't let anybody down with these. We have some interesting things in mind that we can't do with the figures and they could be very cool. It will be one of those things that you'll have to decide when you see them.

I love those MOTU PVC's...but I don't understand the individual packages and a boxed set of same stuff. Doesn't make sense to me really...but I guess there is a reason for it. And the price is sweet, again, like Simpson's related to volume. MOTU is EVERYWHERE...and we still don't know who will carry the stuff.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
A couple years ago there was a pretty nice boxed set of SST PVCs, didn't those sell pretty well? They sure sold out where I live.
I remember when I was a kid having some SST PVC-sized figures but they were solid metal! Now that was really cool. I'm just suprised that I was never knocked out throwing them around or anything. good times....