Remembering Amy... We will miss you.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Me too. :frown:

Every time I read over one of my posts, I'll glance at the Amy line. I'm still sad.

:cry:

-Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's my first MC experience to lose a friend from here. I was shocked and thrown down---my heart was body-slammed---by that news. You just never expect that.

Truely, one of the great posters of our times. Someone with great hilarity and fun.

*sigh*

Too bad there ain't no computers in Heaven!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
*sigh*

Now that this thread is back up, I'm crying again!

Did anyone ever hear the song "Amy" from Sesame Street where Grover gets a letter from his friend Amy? Whenever I hear that, it reminds me of her.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I often come across old posts by her, and I can't help but smiling then my eyes water up...we all miss you, Amy

Sarah

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Good night, Amy. Sleep with the angels.

Cue the Dixieland Band

:halo:

beaker

Reaction score
Under users browsing the forum, it says "Billy's Girl"(Amy)...interesting...

Jane

Reaction score
beaker - it is probably Amy's family reading the messages as they do quite often.

unless it is a ghost..............:confused:

Aaron

Reaction score
it really creeps me out when they do that

hmwright13

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Many of you know Amy from New Zealand. Her membername was Amy up until January 17 when she asked me to change it to "Billy's Girl". She has been visiting Muppet Central for quite a long time. Many are also aware that she has been struggling with health issues. Yesterday Amy passed away due to heart complications.
[...] I want to challenge everyone to love your friends, your family and those you hold dear. For any of us, our life here could end tomorrow. Life is precious and so are the people we share it with.
My condolences about Amy to her friends and family. My mother-in-law is also a special needs teacher [retired, but works part-time now]. We need more people with the type of care, love, and devotion that these special teachers provide to the less fortunate. God bless.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Under users browsing the forum, it says "Billy's Girl"(Amy)...interesting...
Those are old posts. She's obviously not posted since she's gone. Her sister Jane visits some.

I remember having "Billy the Psychic Rubber Chicken" at MC and then she changed to 'Billy's Girl' and so I thought she meant "Billy the Chicken!" LOL!!

I was quite relieved to discover that wasn't what she meant.

She was SO much fun and funn-ee!! I had no idea of any problems she was having.

And I complained when I was depressed, how selfish was that of me?

hmwright13 said it right, we DO need more special need teachers, but we also need volunteers, which I think Amy, with her big heart, would tell us as well.

I volunteer with the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis, and help raise money for them (Muley does TONS of work with them and is the official spokesmule). The RMH is where kids and their family stay while the kids are being treated for cancer and other life-threatening diseases at St. Jude.

But there's the Target House and several missions for battered women and children and SO many other organizations who need volunteers.

You also get a feeling of satisfaction from knowing you've helped and made a difference in someone's life in a positive way!!

Because Amy cared about those with special needs, I challenge everyone to go out and volunteer--help those with needs and who are IN need!!