1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Oscarfan, Aug 23, 2012.

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

OMG That is so funny! :laugh::batty: They're even rockin' with the monocle and beard! You are awesome, Frackleman! :)

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I didn't take those photos but thanks for the comment. I love it when Abby, Zoe, Rosita, and Prairie Dawn all are wearing beards even though they are girls. LOL! :laugh:

This may be a sign that The Count will appear in new material including TV appearances and newly-produced segments.

3. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

You really think so?

4. FrackleFan2012

Yes, I do. The Count can't be retired. He's one of the most popular Sesame Street characters.

5. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Hey everyone... I wrote a letter yesterday to tv Guide about how they didn't mention Jerry Nelson in the in memoriam section for 2012 (the issue came in the mail yesterday...I figure they will probably ignore me...but if a bunch of muppet fans right in maybe they will print one of the letters we write and give Jerry the respect and acknowledgement he deserves.... the e-mail is letters@tvguidemagazine.com people may not know his name but he has had an impact equal (or greater than) to larry hagman or dick clark on the world of television

6. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

I love the pictures!!! its strange to me that they include Prairie dawn, I hope she would appear more often in the future!

7. Collgoff

That's true!
    I hope the new muppet movie will have The memory of Jerry Nelson.

8. FrackleFan2012

Yup. Jerry should did. I hope Jerry Nelson gets a mention during the "In Memorian" montage of the Daytime Emmy Awards, best known for performing The Count. :batty:

9. FrackleFan2012

I hope so, too.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson and the Count appear in JibJab's annual year in review video:

11. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

There's also "Stay out of Chick-fil-A", which I find amusing. :laugh:

12. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Uh, should the video's theme be excluded from this thread? Well, in my opinion, the end of the world shouldn't be joked around. :concern:

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The Mayan calendar thing has been a joke ever since the news came out.

theSHE124 and ProboSowa like this.
  14. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I saw that video a few hours ago. Needless to say I was glad when I saw Jerry.

15. FrackleFan2012

Yup. Me too.

16. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I had a question: Listening to "Eye of the Storm" from Truro Daydreams (such a beautiful and poignant song, favorite one on the album), and I was wondering: Does anyone know who Matt is? He references Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, his daughter, and I think the Jon is Jon Stone.

Anyway, such a beautiful album all around. Really moving experience.

17. FrackleFan2012

I believe the "Matt" you're talking about is Matt Vogel, who is a current puppeteer on Sesame Street and The Muppets. I think Matt may do The Count in the future because Jerry Nelson said that Matt would be the best performer of The Count if Jerry dies.

18. Collgoff

I bet Jerry put it down on his will!

19. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I thought that at first, but all of the other names mentioned in the song are people who have died.

Although it's possible; it doesn't make mention of "Matt" in the song being dead, only Matt telling Jerry Nelson that his turn is going to come.

20. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I'm late but yeah, the JibJab video having Jerry was terrific. I was very mad Jerry was left out of the tribute section of Katie Couric's "2012-in-review" special.