Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Vincent L

Reaction score
And now Neil Armstrong is gone, and it's all over the news. Why didn't Jerry receive any attention?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Yes, zns. I did hear that recording over YouTube. I had no idea the Muppeteers put together something like that for Jerry for his birthday! I bet he was very surprised when he heard the song sung by his friends and their characters. I think right no, they're missing him a lot. At least, they'll know he'll see Jim, Richard, Don Sahlin, Jeff Moss, Joe Raposo, Jerry Juhl and Jon Stone and his daughter again. :sympathy:

Aaron

Reaction score
And now Neil Armstrong is gone, and it's all over the news. Why didn't Jerry receive any attention?
He did. There was an article on most major news sources, as well as a segment on ABC World News last night.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
*sigh* I watch one episode of Fraggle Rock a day. I just go through the DVDs in order. Today's ep was Manny's Land of Carpets. It just about destroyed me when Gobo and Wembley sang Good-bye, Good-bye (Just a Rainbow in the Sky).

Goodbye, goodbye,​
And every eye is dry.​
Leavin', there's no grievin', just a rainbow in the sky.​
Goodbye, goodbye,​
Goodbye, goodbye.​
Yep, that song & Petals of a Rose came to my mind today as I drew my tribute to Jerry. I also spent the day watching various Fraggle episodes that featured Gobo as the main character for that episode. Also watching his other characters in those episodes, Madam Trash Heap & Pa Gorg. His voice and singing their songs was simply amazing.