Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A lot of celebrities that condemn him now used to schmooze him up big time. They wanted to hang out with him, be part of his lifestyle.
(Except Rosie O'Donnell).

The thing that grieves me is celebrities that would rather see this country back in economic collapse, have another major war, unemployment rise again, than see Trump succeed. Bill Maher and his ilk who have their millions to fall back on. A depression like we had in 2008 won't affect them as the working stiff trying to hold down two jobs to keep a roof over his head and food on the table.
But their hatred of Trump is so great they'd rather see 300+ million suffer.
But they're the ones who will suffer the least, if at all.
Well the thing is they don’t believe that Trump will succeed anyway if left to his own devices.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. But I do think that there are those in this thread that are able to separate political positions from the person himself. And then there are those that are able to separate some political positions from other political positions. One doesn't have to like President Trump in order to like his political positions. And one doesn't have to like ALL his positions to like SOME of his positions.
That’s assuming Trump has any positions. I don’t view him as anything more than a snake oil salesman, in over his head.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really don't understand this whole thing about people who, "would rather see the country destroyed than Trump succeed." I've never seen a single person, on either side of the political spectrum, express this mentality.
Bill Maher said it, not that it matters much what he says, hehe. But yes, I agree in general it’s not that people want to see the country fail, it’s that they don’t believe Trump will succeed on his own anyway.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bill Maher said it, not that it matters much what he says, hehe. But yes, I agree in general it’s not that people want to see the country fail, it’s that they don’t believe Trump will succeed on his own anyway.
They don't want the country to fail yet they don't want it's leader to succeed. That's about like saying we don't want our baseball team to lose but we don't want the head coach to succeed. Isn't that a double negative?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That’s assuming Trump has any positions. I don’t view him as anything more than a snake oil salesman, in over his head.
But I think he does have positions. But they are constantly shifting, if that makes sense. They all depend on who is in his ear the most. And that's why I dont understand the Democrats or Republicans. Why neither side has taken advantage of this weakness. He's so starved to be seen as successful that he will adapt whatever position he thinks will get him there. Heap praise on him and he'll adapt your position. Putin figured it out. North Korea figured it out. Why the Democrats or Republicans can't figure it out I dont know. Just wave some shiny beads in front of him and he'll go with their position.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But I think he does have positions. But they are constantly shifting, if that makes sense. They all depend on who is in his ear the most. And that's why I dont understand the Democrats or Republicans. Why neither side has taken advantage of this weakness. He's so starved to be seen as successful that he will adapt whatever position he thinks will get him there. Heap praise on him and he'll adapt your position. Putin figured it out. North Korea figured it out. Why the Democrats or Republicans can't figure it out I dont know. Just wave some shiny beads in front of him and he'll go with their position.
I think the thing to remember is that he is not a politician. He is a business man and a negotiater. It may seem like he is swaying back and forth, but that is part of the art of making the best"deals". You give a little and take a little .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Give me a break!

Slavery was wrong, and it should have never happened here in America "The land of the FREE". However there were many white and black people who fought to end it, and to give people of all races equal rights.
Unless you were alive back when there was slavery and you have the scars from being whipped by your master. Then no one owes you an apology or anything else.You are free and can do almost anything you set your mind to. I swear it's like people want to have slavery again. Because no one can seem to get past the fact that everyone is free and there are no slaves. Which that in its self makes us a slave to the past.