Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So yeah.

I dunno about anyone else, but you know how Mr. Trump has new nicknames like the orange oompa loompa and stuff like that?

Honestly this is my official one for Hillary.

"You HAVE to vote for her because she's a WOMAN."

Literally what I put up with during the 2016 elections. :rolleyes:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Before Trump announced that he was running for president I was a huge fan of his. I loved both the Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, and that is where I gained a lot of respect for the man. I thought he was tough, but fair and also kind. I did a little bit of research on him and I liked what I saw.
Thence he announced he was running and I liked a lot of what he was saying. Yes I believe that ilegals coming into this country and competing crimes. Which doesn't mean every single one of the dose that. I agree that America's foreign relationships were in Dierks shape, and that we needed to have a stronger military. The list goes on. Now that he is in office I can't make any sense of anything.
A lot of celebrities that condemn him now used to schmooze him up big time. They wanted to hang out with him, be part of his lifestyle.
(Except Rosie O'Donnell).

The thing that grieves me is celebrities that would rather see this country back in economic collapse, have another major war, unemployment rise again, than see Trump succeed. Bill Maher and his ilk who have their millions to fall back on. A depression like we had in 2008 won't affect them as the working stiff trying to hold down two jobs to keep a roof over his head and food on the table.
But their hatred of Trump is so great they'd rather see 300+ million suffer.
But they're the ones who will suffer the least, if at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really don't understand this whole thing about people who, "would rather see the country destroyed than Trump succeed." I've never seen a single person, on either side of the political spectrum, express this mentality.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I really don't understand this whole thing about people who, "would rather see the country destroyed than Trump succeed." I've never seen a single person, on either side of the political spectrum, express this mentality.
You apparently don't live in the real world. Of course a Democrat isn't going to come out and outright say "I'd rather see the country destroyed than President Trump succeed." That would be political suicide. But if you truly, truly think that this mentality doesn't exist, well, I don't know what else there is to say.

Here's a big name liberal saying that exact same thing:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/bill-maher-wants-recession-hurt-trump/

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a single person in this thread who actually likes Trump.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. But I do think that there are those in this thread that are able to separate political positions from the person himself. And then there are those that are able to separate some political positions from other political positions. One doesn't have to like President Trump in order to like his political positions. And one doesn't have to like ALL his positions to like SOME of his positions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This was done about a year ago, but here are two people I really admirer. In fact Mr. Huckabee is who I really wanted to vote for. Anyway here is pretty much how I feel about our president. I feel sorry for both Mr. Huckabee and Mrs. Sanders in this because no matter what they say, just like on here they are wrong and tried to be made feel guilty about supporting in any way Trump.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Like I said (yes, I just said that again), I just generally have no interest in politics, but during tumultuous times such as these, it's hard not to get political, especially if something Trump and/or his "Administration" do something that affects you and/or your loved ones. Need I mention, once again, I'm now without health insurance because I couldn't afford the price hike from $20 a month to $536 a month?
Drink up, Jerry! Snowthy said "Like I said...", so this round is on you.
Bottoms up!8)

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm LaVeyan, not Luciferian. Anyone who actually believes in Satan and thinks that he can defeat God is a delusional idiot. To believe in Satan means you believe in God. If God can create the world, how the literal **** can Satan take him down? Absolute stupidity and those people are full of it.

Why does Jim Bakker still have a show? I thought we got rid of that prick years ago.

That guy is full of nonsense anyone. This country is allowing people to use their beliefs in arguments and its not helping anyone. Meh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
As a Christian all I can say about that is wow!

I will be the first to admit that I could not say that our president is a Christian or not. Honestly it's not anyones busines and it's really between him and God.

This article is trying to religionIs politics here saying Trump is a saint and that the liberal Democrats are some kind of supernatural demons. Which I completely disagree with.

I do believe that the devil (Satan) and his demons are running ramped through this country. With all of the hate that is coming out of both the right and the left. We are a county that is in a state of hate and confusion. What was once right is now wrong, and what was wrong is now right. The moral standards in the country are upside down, and if people do not wake up then one day they will be sorry.